IGNORED

Tiger's Temper

iacas
Note: This thread is 6879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I'm a fan of Tiger Woods because I'm a fan of good golf. The guy frequently plays pretty damn good golf.

I'm not a fan of Tiger's temper. I can deal with the swearing, because TV folks know Tiger is good for one or two "goddammits" after a bad shot, and usually cut the microphone. I can't deal with the slamming of the club down on the ground. I can't deal with the gestures he makes when he misses a putt. Physics are physics, Tiger, and if you mis-read a putt I don't want to see you say "it should have gone that way." You mis-read it: deal with it. On your drives: you hit it, deal with it.

Tiger's a great golfer, and I like watching good golf. I don't like watching good golfers act like children. Like it or not, kids watch and learn from Tiger Woods, and his behavior shapes their behavior.

Grow up, Tiger. Find another way to channel your anger.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I haven't been able to watch todays coverage. Did Tiger do something different today that sparked this thread?

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

• Administrator
I haven't been able to watch todays coverage. Did Tiger do something different today that sparked this thread?

No. Same old same old.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Difficult one for me.

Dont know if you US guys will know any of these names but arent those "temper tantrums" reminiscent of George best (footballer),Alex Higgins (snooker player) and Paul Gasgoigne (footballer) etc etc etc etc etc at their best ?

These type of people have got where they are in life/in their profession because they are "flawed" charecters.They have given up a whole lot of things in life to persue their goal - often at the detriment to EVERYTHING else;family,friends,relationships,marriages,a social life............

They give their all day in and day out in search of perfection.Its hardly surprising their blood curdles occasionally when they miss the mark by their own standards.They usually havnt got where they have,by being "soft" on themselves...........

The temper tantrums aren't pretty i admit.I think these foibles are part and parcel of someone who pushes themselves extremely hard,and has extremely high expectations of themselves and others around them.

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

I can deal with the swearing, because TV folks know Tiger is good for one or two "goddammits" after a bad shot, and usually cut the microphone.

I got to witness one of those "goddammits" on #5. The funny thing is that he hit the freakin fairway. I agree 100% with your comments Erik. Spot on.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I know Tiger is the best golfer in the game and possibly the best ever. But I have always been turned off by his actions on the course. I know I should look at his game first and foremost, but I never have been able to. I just can't stand someone who gets so pissed off by making 10 million a year. He is great, and if he could learn to control his temper, he would be even better.

It's a turn-off to see someone say the "GD" phrase. I guess I'm too much from the Bible belt or something. :) I would much rather spend my time cheering for guys like Goosen, Furyk, etc. But that's just me.

How about Tiger dragging his putter across the green and causing a deep mark? Any damaging of the green could lead to being penalized, but the USGA would never do that to good ol' Tiger. As usual, the mega-stars in sports and entertainment always get a pass when it comes to bad behavior.
In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

How about Tiger dragging his putter across the green and causing a deep mark? Any damaging of the green could lead to being penalized, but the USGA would never do that to good ol' Tiger. As usual, the mega-stars in sports and entertainment always get a pass when it comes to bad behavior.

So what do you say to him being penalized for an incident at Wachovia? He had carded a 69 to finish in a tie for ninth, but was penalised two shots by rules officials who determined that he should not have moved a fence next to the 10th fairway, that was damaged when the gallery joined in to help.

At the Open the officials did look at the incident, concluding that it was out of character, not done to gain an advantage, and therefore they did not penalise him (the incident could have warranted disqualification).
King Cobra

Note: This thread is 6879 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!