IGNORED

Wedge gap distances

rmenary
Note: This thread is 3309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd go with this... http://www.worldgolf.com/golf-equipment/73-degree-wedge-feel-golf-6060.htm

• Upvote 1

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I'd go with this... http://www.worldgolf.com/golf-equipment/73-degree-wedge-feel-golf-6060.htm

I have a Wilson SuperFly 72*. Its a lot of fun and gets some funny looks but I would not carry it in a round. Too easy to hit it thin. Side note, at the range I go to often I am not allowed to hit it on the covered portion of the range.

I only drive about 180, but I make up for by not hitting my wedges well.

I have a Wilson SuperFly 72*. Its a lot of fun and gets some funny looks but I would not carry it in a round. Too easy to hit it thin. Side note, at the range I go to often I am not allowed to hit it on the covered portion of the range.

Could go with the Dr. KNOCKDOWN 80° WEDGE... or should I say the hit yourself in the face wedge...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Could go with the Dr. KNOCKDOWN 80° WEDGE... or should I say the hit yourself in the face wedge...

My son and I looked at the 74 degree wedge and pretty much thought the same thing. :-D

Probably made for golfers who drive 400 yards. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My son and I looked at the 74 degree wedge and pretty much thought the same thing.

Probably made for golfers who drive 400 yards. . .

It's probably made for golfers who have no clue what they're doing in short game, haha.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Bob, lots of people play a similar mix. (I assume the 45 and 49 came with the iron set?)

I have gone back to 46, 50, 54, 58 after two seasons of 46, 50, 56.

Good pairing of your 54/14 SW and 58/10 LW combo... you have some bounce variety for different turf/sand conditions.

Also, the 58º LW is easier for lots of golfers to handle than a 60º. A Golf Digest survey from a recent year said that about half the tour players have a 58 as their highest lofted wedge.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

It's probably made for golfers who have no clue what they're doing in short game, haha.

Not at all. I have a very good short game but I carry a 68* wedge. I use it only when I'm short side and need to get a ball up and down very quickly. I feel most comfortable with a pretty fair forward lean. This delofts the club, so a less lofted club would go too low. Usually save par with this club. Opening up a wedge and using the bounce for me is less consistent especially off a tight lie.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Thanks, WUTiger! You're right the 45 and 49 is my PW and AW.

I don't think I need a 62* I can use the 58* instead. I was thinking I should have gone for a single digit bounce, but this one is C-shaped so I'll probably need to learn how to use that feature instead.

Note: This thread is 3309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!