IGNORED

GameGolf Users, how do you use the results

Note: This thread is 3214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Guys,

I have seen a few very interesting posts about GameGolf; reviews, the rounds posted by members etc. It looks like a great product.

I would love to hear how you have taken that data to improve your game? Has this opened your eyes to weaknesses that weren't glaringly obvious beforehand? It seems like it has potential to provide a lot more stats with the data it captures so maybe the analysis side will improve in the future, I think it would be cool if the software automatically pointed you to your biggest weakness and maybe tailored a plan for improvement based on your personal stats.

Thanks

It's not hard to figure out from the current stats what you need to work on once you have posted a good few rounds, also helps you confirm which clubs you hit consistently well and others you don't, which may make you swop out a club or two, or practise more with certain clubs, then there's obviously your distance gaps and yardages, plus it's sometimes good to look back at a game you played well, or a really nice course you don't play often! It's a great bit of kit which now the weather is turning here, I plan to use regularly and plan the odd lesson around the insight I recieve from it!

Gaz Lee

I only have 36 holes so far but what I've noticed is I don't hit my driver as far as I thought (maybe some of that is because it's been cold and a little windy but not all of it). I also don't spray it as much as I thought either. I miss about a quarter of the time each way and am in the fairway the other half of the time. I think it will be very useful once I get 10-15 rounds and I get to see a clear picture of what I do with each club.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 months later...
After only a couple rounds like @Jakester23 , I am really surprised at how short I hit my driver ... Most of my misses I am aware of, so nothing new there. Wished it tracked the number of steps I get by walking back to where I hit to record my last shot ... I always forget as simple as it is to "tag" the shot ... :bugout:

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

After only a couple rounds like @Jakester23 , I am really surprised at how short I hit my driver ... Most of my misses I am aware of, so nothing new there. Wished it tracked the number of steps I get by walking back to where I hit to record my last shot ... I always forget as simple as it is to "tag" the shot ... :bugout:

This is exactly why I stopped using the app. As easy as it is to tag each shot, I would just constantly forget to do it. I was spending more time going back to do it or just skipping the tags altogether.

I'm playing golf in the morning. I'm going to give Game Golf another shot. I'll do my best to remember to tag every shot and post the results afterward.

It takes a couple of rounds to get used to "tagging," but I am getting better. Its really easy and it has a function that some how figures out you may have missed a shot ... Granted it is a gadget, but I have enjoyed reviewing my rounds to-date. I wished it had an overlay component, to compare rounds on the same course. Edit: Just found this on missed shots: [QUOTE]The GAME GOLF tracking device is able to automatically detect most swings taken from outside the green, based on the motion of your hips. This means that if you forget to tag a shot during the round, in most cases GAME GOLF can show where you took the swing and simply prompt you to assign a club to that shot. When reviewing your round, each detected shot will be highlighted in the shot panel and displayed on the hole map as an orange diamond. You will need to either assign a club to or delete any extraneous detected shots. However, if you are certain that you tagged every shot, you can hide all detected shots and sign the round without them.[/QUOTE]

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

• Administrator

I'm playing golf in the morning. I'm going to give Game Golf another shot. I'll do my best to remember to tag every shot and post the results afterward.

Are you using the hardware unit or tagging on your phone?

I tag whenever I first pull the club out of the bag. Sometimes I forget whether I tagged, so I tag again - better to have to just hit "delete shot" than to "add shot."

It's a much bigger pain on the phone, but on the belt unit… meh. It's nothing. You should get used to it very quickly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Are you using the hardware unit or tagging on your phone? I tag whenever I first pull the club out of the bag. Sometimes I forget whether I tagged, so I tag again - better to have to just hit "delete shot" than to "add shot." It's a much bigger pain on the phone, but on the belt unit… meh. It's nothing. You should get used to it very quickly.

I didn't buy the hardware version. It was never on my radar. I only found out about the system bc of this forum. I use the app. I initially remember to tag each shot with my phone in the early part of the round, but as I get focused on golf, I forget to pull out my phone, especially on the greens.

You dont have to walk back. U can hit edit, add tee shot. Lots of good stuff in there. Im still learning it. And yes, amazing how i drive longer than most i play with, but now know i avg only 220. Been working on it all week now that i know its so short

Well I've just looked at my results and the most important thing in insights and then "approach the green" is selecting last 5 rounds and looking at approach shots from fairway and rough <100 yards and >100 yards. Seems like my dispersion left and right is good for <100 yards, but distance isn't, and it's the opposite for >100 yards.

Need to aim a bit better with the longer clubs and take wind, lie and slope into account more.

Need to concentrate on club speed more with shorter shots, line seems to look after itself.

Chris 

Ex-field hockey player with a few things on my list to correct/ sort out:
1:  Flipping, 2: Overswing, 3: Stop being Tin Cup

Been playing properly since May 2014, got the bug now, so I'm here forever. Must have watched a billion hours of youtube videos, seems to help!

I have only used the device for two rounds but I have noticed that I have not had any issue integrating the tagging into to pre-shot routine.

In regards to how to use this data to improve.  I think we all overestimate our games a bit, and having rounds and rounds of shots and knowing the real distance to each club not just that one time you hit a 200 yard 6 iron will help my better gameplan and think my way around courses.

I already clubbed up a few times and it had lead to more shots that actually get to back pins.  This device coupled with a laser rangefinder can help anyone's game.

Note: This thread is 3214 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!