IGNORED

Everyone! this is a test. real deal and truth!

motsco
Note: This thread is 3283 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm asking anybody that looks at this thread to go out to the range, course, backyard, putting green, indoor putting mat. what I want you to do is get in a posture that feels most powerful to you. forget what you have learned or what you have been taught. just go out there, take a set up that makes your body most comfortable and strong. more knee bend, less knee bend, strong, weak grip. bend over, backwards, what ever your best feeling address to th ball is. I'm asking you to give this a try. and please post back to this thread. I'm asking You to grab what ever club, setup to the ball the way you feel your body wants too and see what happens. please let me know your results.

• Administrator

Okay, I did it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Okay, I did it.

[quote name="iacas" url="/t/81569/everyone-this-is-a-test-real-deal-and-truth#post_1133221"]Okay, I did it. [/quote] sorry I should have include while hitting balls , or practicing. oh well. move on.

• Administrator
We don't delete threads. What was your point? If you have a thought, just share it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Been there and done that many times.  Some days, it works great.  On other days, it only takes a few swings to abandon it.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

We don't delete threads.

What was your point?

If you have a thought, just share it.

Agreed.

Lets hear it..

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Quote:
Originally Posted by motsco View Post

I'm asking anybody that looks at this thread to go out to the range, course, backyard, putting green, indoor putting mat.

I went to my carpet by the front door.

Quote:
what I want you to do is get in a posture that feels most powerful to you.

I got into a powerful posture.

Quote:
forget what you have learned or what you have been taught.

I momentarily forgot everything. The world melted away. Just me in my posture.

Quote:

just go out there, take a set up that makes your body most comfortable and strong.

Yep, I was there. Comfortable, strong.

Quote:
more knee bend, less knee bend, strong, weak grip. bend over, backwards, what ever your best feeling address to th ball is. I'm asking you to give this a try.

I bent knees more, then less. Strong then weak. Then I did it all backwards. Then got into that best address position for me. I tried, anyway.

Quote:
and please post back to this thread.

Here I am, posting.

Quote:
I'm asking You to grab what ever club, setup to the ball the way you feel your body wants too and see what happens. please let me know your results.

I had a 9-iron from the umbrella stand by the front door. Hope that's ok.  I saw what happened. Not much.

Guess I'll go back and review/remember the posture pointers from my evolvr lessons a while back. Damn, thought I was onto the "real deal" there for a sec.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• what I want you to do is get in a posture that feels most powerful to you.

• forget what you have learned or what you have been taught.

• just go out there, take a set up that makes your body most comfortable and strong.

• more knee bend, less knee bend, strong, weak grip. bend over, backwards, what ever your best feeling address to th ball is. I'm asking you to give this a try.

• I'm asking You to grab what ever club, setup to the ball the way you feel your body wants too and see what happens. please let me know your results.

What happened with a more powerful posture for me...

- My grip pressure tightened, which, for me, is detrimental to my swing

- I tried to swing harder, which for me, took me out of my normal swing tempo.... again, detrimental to my natural swing

- When concentrating on his new feeling of power, I forgot some of the swing thoughts which I have found to be successful over the last 50+ years

Having said that, if I felt that this is really something that could improve my game, I would have to come up with a plan to implement this into my swing, and conceivably could take my game to a better place.  However, for me, now at age 65, I have tried so many things over the years, that this concept is contrary to what I believe is best for my swing and my game.  But, it is an interesting concept and was fun to conceptualize. :roll:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

lol. I'm not allowing myself self to start another thread when I'm thinking. I'm still laughing. I know what I was trying to say but I sure didn't put it into words, I will accept the dunce cap for the year.

lol. I'm not allowing myself self to start another thread when I'm thinking. I'm still laughing. I know what I was trying to say but I sure didn't put it into words, I will accept the dunce cap for the year.

you definitely lost me in the original post?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I'm asking anybody that looks at this thread to go out to the range, course, backyard, putting green, indoor putting mat.

just go out there, take a set up that makes your body most comfortable and strong.

more knee bend, less knee bend, strong, weak grip. bend over, backwards, what ever your best feeling address to th ball is. I'm asking you to give this a try.

I'm asking You to grab what ever club, setup to the ball the way you feel your body wants too and see what happens. please let me know your results.

I seem to "get" what you are trying to say .......I am curious as to the result when you did it?  I will be on the range/course tomorrow and will give this a shot, although I am not sure anything but my normal set up will feel more comfortable...

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Hey, I posted a new thread here a year or so ago, and when I re-read it, I still have no clue what the heck I was thinking- something about the path of the club and shoulders/hips...  and just a confusing mess of words.  Fortunately nobody was as snarky to me as I was to you (I think someone even asked me for clarity, and I wasn't able to really straighten out what I was thinking). Definite dunce cap moment for me.

Anyway, I apologize for being an ass. :beer: See you around in other threads!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Easy, towering banana slice. That's why I take lessons and read as much as I can.

Hey, I posted a new thread here a year or so ago, and when I re-read it, I still have no clue what the heck I was thinking- something about the path of the club and shoulders/hips...  and just a confusing mess of words.  Fortunately nobody was as snarky to me as I was to you (I think someone even asked me for clarity, and I wasn't able to really straighten out what I was thinking). Definite dunce cap moment for me. Anyway, I apologize for being an ass.  :beer:   See you around in other threads!

rofl. no need to apologize , I should be banned for the post :) I love the replies.

Note: This thread is 3283 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!