IGNORED

Fall Regripping

NM Golf
Note: This thread is 6058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Regripped the clubs this week with Golf Pride New Decade™ MultiCompound grips. Boy are they nice. I am kind of pissed at myself that I haven't tried them sooner. I have used lots of different grips over the last few years, but these feel the best. I had Winn Raves on before these but they needed a great deal of upkeep and they wore out fairly quickly. I regrip twice a year but found the Winns on my clubs that I practice with a great deal (ie. my wedges) needed regripping even more often than that. Anyway I am looking forward to this winter to see how they hold up. Anyone else have any history with the New Decades?

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Man, you do play a lot, don't you ? To re-grip twice a year. So tell me what makes the new grips so nice ?
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

Yeah I hit a lot of balls. I regrip twice a year because it makes my clubs feel like new.

I like the feel because its the best of both worlds, the grip of cord on the top hand and the feel of rubber grips on the bottom. Plus I went back to a ribbed grip after having round for a while. I really prefer ribbed grips.

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

I regripped my clubs earlier this summer with the same ones. LOVE EM!!! When I ordered my new irons a couple weeks back, needless to say...I asked for the same grips.

In The Bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad 460 9.5
3 Wood: G5 w/ Graffaloy Pro Launch Stiff
3-PW: MP60's Wedges: Black Pearl 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot #4Ball: Pro V1

... Anyone else have any history with the New Decades?

I tried them when they first came out but wasn't too happy with the durability but did love the feel and traction, I haven't tried them recently though.

• Administrator
I install them on all of my clubs. Love 'em. I think they last a long time as well, and I really don't take as good a care of my grips as I should (who does?).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I install them on all of my clubs. Love 'em. I think they last a long time as well, and I really don't take as good a care of my grips as I should (who does?).

I don't, hence regripping twice a year.

I just had my driver regripped with one, they feel soo much better than tour velvet (a lot more grip and moisture management)
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Note: This thread is 6058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!