IGNORED

Big Break Mesquite

Ben
Note: This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
The problem with the new guy, is he hasn't done a single thing that displays any golf knowledge. It's like he's just the straight man to Stepanie Sparks.

He isn't as good as Vince, either: he's not as funny, not as knowledgeable, and not as smooth delivering his lines.

Vince wanted more money and left Golf Channel. This is the result: a quick fill-in replacement.
This is the first year that I have watch Big Break but I don't really like the guy. He just seems like a typical show host. He could be the next guy hosting Survivor, Fear Factor or The Price is Right. Nothing strikes me about him that he should be on TGC hosting anything to do with golf. I would love to know what his handicap is.

Oh c'mon now - you can't replace Jeff Probst! I stopped watching Survivor a few seasons ago when I realized I'd seen the same challenges 12 times before and no longer cared about filthy people with personality disorders, but Survivor wouldn't be Survivor without Jeff Probst!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first edition of The Big Break that I've seen, and I keep thinking of the hosts as Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern: There's nothing that the two of them accomplish together that one couldn't accomplish just as well alone. I didn't realize that the guy was a fill-in, but I think they'd have been better off letting Stephanie go it alone.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Good riddance, Anthony - you arrogant sociopath.

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

Good riddance, Anthony - you arrogant sociopath.

Oh man, that was great. I'm glad to see him go. He is just rediculous throwing everything all over the course.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

Glad to see the arrogant SOB out. The guy is so full of himself and got so distracted at everything that he deemed as unfair that he played himself out of it. Perhaps a trip to Dr. Rotella may help him, but I doubt it. There is a difference between confidence and arrogance, and he has crossed it. Can't remember another club chucker in any of the previous Big Break, so I guess he can say he came away with one title at least.

As for Mark, have a look at him. He looks like Jeff Garcia's (QB for the Bucs) twin.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Dang Anthony is gone, didn't see that coming. But for all of the crap talking that he did and saying that he was the best and he didn't deserve to leave because he was good kinda lost its meaning because he missed that short putt. It just goes to show you to always focus, you never now what will happen.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I had the feeling that his ship was sinking from the moment they announced the twist. His attitude of "it's not fair" really took him down every challenge round. Like when has golf or life ever been fair? The quicker you realize that nothing is fair the faster you will become a champion. If whining worked, everyone would do it. The show just got better.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Too bad there wasn't a club throwing challenge, he would have won that no problem.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

How many times in the last two episodes did Anthony say, "I thought I hit a great shot," or something like it? He had two chances to make a putt to keep himself in the game, and he missed both (the final one and the one to win his match against Benoit.) It's not unfair; sometimes golf is about who makes the shots under pressure, and instead he blew up. He reminds me of Jeff George: million-dollar talent, two-cent head.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Oh that was great that Anthony is gone. I was looking at the clock and it was 10:58 and he was standing over that two footer and im thinking to myself, they have to eliminate someone on the show because they only have two minutes left and bammm, he chokes and misses a two footer. I love it. So glad...
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I was defending Anthony earlier but he really started to bother me. I missed last week so I watched the 2 episodes in a row last night to catch up. 2 hours of him talking about how he is such a great golfer, but never performing when it counted put a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, when he was the Team Cpt last week he was really a poor leader.

I'm glad he's gone.

EDIT: To add to this, the club throwing was just out of line...time to grow up buddy. Also, the "not fair" thing was just plain comical, what a baby.

I agree...He was totally immature about the whole thing. He played poorly, and he should accept that. I'm glad he is gone too.

Next weeks episode looks good too.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

best one yet. So glad he is gone. How are you going to make a fool of yourself on TV showing no respect to other golfers or yourself with talking up like that and tossing the clubs thats not how a pro handles him self
Driver: Slazengar RD 13 Degree.
3 Wood. Burrows Mac 15 Degree.
Irons: CrossBax 3I 4I 5 - PW
Putter :teardrop:
Ball Pro V1

I agree with all of you that Anthony is one arrogant S.O.B who couldn't back up his talk with a good performance. I didn't see enough of his game to judge how good of a player he was. I agree with some of you that he would let the negatives get and keep him down. His strategy seemed flawed as well. On the last hole after Mark(?) sunk his shot in the pond, all Anthony had to do was get it close on a conservative iron shot, chip it near the flag and sink it in to win. I don't know why he chose to bomb it way over the green with a metal wood. What was he talking about when he claimed to have hit a great golf shot? Sure, it may have been well struck, solid shot that traveled straight, but the club selection was all wrong.

I wish he continued on though, because he is fun to watch, and the show needs an antagonist so that it's not too boring. He was pure entertainment from a social point of view.

I enjoy watching the show for the golf action and competition. But I also like to observe the social dynamics of the group along with their interactions and the mind games they employ.

Gee, I wonder what on earth could possibly be holding Anthony back? He kind of reminds me of another former Big Breaker, telling everyone how great he was... as the music was playing during his departure.

Maybe if he stopped acting like a 4 year old...? He didn't even have the decency to take off his cap and shake his opponents' hand.

If ya got no respect for the game, ya got no respect from me.

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

On the last hole after Mark(?) sunk his shot in the pond, all Anthony had to do was get it close on a conservative iron shot, chip it near the flag and sink it in to win. I don't know why he chose to bomb it way over the green with a metal wood.

Well you must have missed it when Anthony announced to us that he "has that shot."

What was he talking about when he claimed to have hit a great golf shot?

Anthony seemed to talk quite a bit about how good his shots were... but do you remember him actually HITTING a good shot?

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

Note: This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!