IGNORED

Big Break Mesquite

Ben
Note: This thread is 3717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Kevin will go soon. You can't play that poorly all day and continue to change it for the elimination. It will catch up with him. Gerry is quietly showing a much more complete game than people probably thought he had. IMO, Josh is blowing away everyone mentally, never showing any hiccup in focus, considering he should be intimidated and nervous. Brian's a real sleeper, just steadily tracking through, quietly making good shot after good shot. Hiroshi and James should be the last two, but after Kevin, I sure don't see any obviously "next" person eliminated, and it will really come down to the specific challenges (which I think have been very difficult this season).

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Matt, I think he was a better player than Kevin or Benoit. All of them really struggled with the slow greens though which surprised me after the first hole or two.

Still not digging how they do eliminations and would prefer more time devoted to the shots but still an enjoyable show. Wish they would rerun past seasons or get them on Netflix.
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

• Administrator
Poor Matt, I think he was a better player than Kevin or Benoit. All of them really struggled with the slow greens though which surprised me after the first hole or two.

The greens look ridiculously crappy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've played worse :D
The Good:
Heavenwood 3h
White Steel Two Ball
Orlimar SOS 56deg SW & 60deg LW
The Free:767 Pro Series 3-9iTomahawk 50deg PWKing Cobra 10.5deg Driver (350cc) 10.5deg Intimidator Driver

BTW, what the heck was up with the ladder drill last week? Guys hitting their 8 irons 200 and their 3 irons 270+?!?!?!?

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

BTW, what the heck was up with the ladder drill last week? Guys hitting their 8 irons 200 and their 3 irons 270+?!?!?!?

I know Mesquite is at altitude, but how much does that equate to? They were hitting some crazy distances. That was one of the most impressive challenges on any of the shows. Not just how far they hit them, but how well some of the guys controlled their distances.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I was amazed by some of the distances they were pulling off. There is no way I could hit a 3 iron 270+. I only drive 230 - 240 on a good day. Altitude does play a big part in the way the ball carries. That's why they hold the Home Run Durby in the Rockies stadium so the ball will carry further.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

The greens look ridiculously crappy.

As the contestants mentioned, they were certainly a bit slow. They also looked a bit bumpy in some spots. But, being in the desert you gotta keep greens a little shaggy in the winter so they don't burn out. Late in the day leads to conditions like the guys were seeing.

Josh is starting to loose his charm to me. He's certainly solid, but all his positive affirmation and good vibe stuff is getting a bit old.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I know Mesquite is at altitude, but how much does that equate to? They were hitting some crazy distances. That was one of the most impressive challenges on any of the shows. Not just how far they hit them, but how well some of the guys controlled their distances.

Hitting a 3 iron 270+ and in the "fairway" is simply amazing. Hiroshi didn't even look like he was coming out of his shoes either. These guys really have game.

In my bag:

Driver: FT-3 10° Diamana Blueboard 63 Stiff
Fairway: 904F 15° Purple Ice 75 Stiff
Fairway: 904F 19° YS-6+ StiffHybrid: Idea A2 20° Aldila NV 85 StiffIrons: Silver Scot Forged MB 4-PW, Rifle 6.0 ShaftsGap Wedge: Silver Scot Forged 52Sand/Lob Wedge: Vokey SM 58.12 Put...

I have watched several episodes, but mostly to feel good about my own game. These guys are real hackers. Last night there was an up and down from any of three spots and not one of the eight got up and down; the guys who went to the elimination was decided by who took three and who took four shots to get down - pitiful. Then the elimination was the same; there were several ties when everyone three putted from under 20 feet. Even my wife was laughing at these guys.

What's with the ponytails, tattoos and Bear Bryant hats? Seeing these guys in shorts makes me undersatnd why the PGA mandates all players wear slacks or plus fours - no bare legs with tattoos please.

Finally, some of the "challenges" are bogus - breaking glass??? I never faced that "challenge" on any golf course, and I never got a dozen or more shots to try to hit a ball through an opening.

They need to take them to a better desert course where they can try to plug a cactus, now that's fun.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

i think nitties is the man. hiroshi seems to have a bit more experience and composure but nitties (james) has serious skills. whats up with all these great australlian golfers?

toby
in my bag:
driver: titleist D1 9.5 stiff3 & 5 wood: taylormade burner stiffhybrid: taylormade rescue mid 21 stiffirons: mizuno mp-60 4 thru pwwedges: cleveland cg 10's (52,56,60)putter: scotty cameron Newport 2 (35 inch)balls: titleist pro v1 (how do you...

Am I the only one who thinks that Marty Funkhouser (aka Super Dave) and Gerry might be one and the same person?

-Andy

Wuzzinmebag:

Driver: Burner Draw 10.5°, Reg Flex
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°, Reg Flex
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°, Reg Flex4-GW: S9, Nippon 900 XH Steel ShaftSW: 588 DSG, 56°; 14° bouncePutter: White Hot XG #3 33"igolf GPS caddie(Somewhat) lowering that handicap one round at a time...

I'm with Gerry.

Former Mr. California Bodybuilding Champ that turned to golf?

Was a WWF Wrestler? Is? Everyone thinks he's an over the hill freak long driver.

Mr. California is/was "it" for a bodybuilding title. He's achieved the highest levels of sport already.

Nervous on the teebox or under the camera? Hell, this dude wore a Speedo mostly-naked on stage. The cameras during this production that we're seeing on TGC probably make him chuckle.

Dig that dude. Humble and sneaky with his game. Everyone loves the long ball and gets blinded by it but most ignore the subtle things about that big guy (such as being polite, comfortable in front of the camera, courteous and having good remarks said about him by his BB castmembers).

He got game.

I'm with Gerry.

He has been a big surprise to me. I thought he would be an early out, but he has game. I have been trying to figure out who he wrestled as. I'm sure he was just a "jobber", but I was a huge wrestling fan and I probably saw him once or twice.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I have been trying to figure out who he wrestled as. I'm sure he was just a "jobber", but I was a huge wrestling fan and I probably saw him once or twice.

It said in one of the episodes that he was known as "Agent Orange" and they had some footage of him.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I'm pullin' for James or Hiroshi. I also wouldn't mind if Josh took the title. Absolutely do not want to see Benoit win, he rubs me the wrong way. I was hoping he and Anthony would get in a fist fight so they'd both get ejected

In My Bag:

Driver: 9.5° FT-i LCG
3-wood: 15° X Tour
Hybrid: 18° FT HybridHybrid: 23° Baffler ProIrons: X-20 Tour 5-9Wedges: CG 12 Black Pearl 46/50/56/60Putter: 32" X3Ball: TP BlackHome Course: Blackmoor Golf Club (136/71.2)

I was rootin for Matt Vick, hes from my hometown. He's had some success since the taping of the show. He won the Capitol City Invitational down here in Nashville.

In my Syncro Bag;
Driver SQ Sumo 9.5
3 Wood Sumo 2 13
Hybrids SQ Sumo2 20
Irons CCI 4-SWWedge SV Black Chrome Milled 60Putter White Hot XG #9 34"Ball Pro V1

I cant believe James lost last night, he was the guy that I thought would win it =( (highlight if you want to see who went home last night)

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

Note: This thread is 3717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!