IGNORED

What do you think of Slow-Mo Video Analysis of PGA Tour players on TV?

Note: This thread is 3253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's your opinion of the slow-mo video analysis announcers will do during coverage of PGA Tour events?

• I learn a lot.
    • I watch it for the laughs.
    • It's horrible.
    • Meh.

I learn things from both excellent shots, and poor ones.

Last season, the announcers reviewed a shot of Tiger hitting a driver into a water hazard to the left of the fairway. In slo-mo, it clearly showed what happens when the hands and arms take over on a shot.

Lesson for me: Under pressure you want a smooth swing, not an easy swing. When I try to hit it easy, I end up with a lazy backswing and o-o-o-over-rotation on the downswing, leading to a bad miss left.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.pgatour.com/video/2015/05/17/rory-mcilroy_s-powerful-swing-is-analyzed-at-wells-fargo.html

I don't usually take anything from Kostis' analysis, but I really enjoy the Biz-Hub views. He is very imprecise in his use of terms and often makes flubs like this one. I think it's obvious he meant the amount of wrist cock (the 270* outside angle increased) with added wrist set during transition. But that he didn't express his points clearly is potentially misleading to many viewers. I wonder how much time they give him to come up with his commentary or if it's on the fly?

Kevin

I find the help from most is or whatever segment a lot more useless then the slow mo's. Today he analyzed Candice Romo's swing and told her she had to stop losing flex in her trail leg.

I find the help from most is or whatever segment a lot more useless then the slow mo's.

Today he analyzed Candice Romo's swing and told her she had to stop losing flex in her trail leg.

Haha, I saw that and thought to myself that I didn't agree that her losing flex in her trail leg wasn't the fix to make her swing better.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Haha, I saw that and thought to myself that I didn't agree that her losing flex in her trail leg wasn't the fix to make her swing better.

Haha yea she may have lost too much because her leg looked almost locked, and she never did regain any but losing it wasn't her problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Haha yea she may have lost too much because her leg looked almost locked, and she never did regain any but losing it wasn't her problem.

Here's the video: http://www.pgatour.com/video/2015/05/31/help-me-kostis--candice-romo.html

I was surprised that he didn't point out how far her head moved on the backswing.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Here's the video: http://www.pgatour.com/video/2015/05/31/help-me-kostis--candice-romo.html

I was surprised that he didn't point out how far her head moved on the backswing.

I'm not even sure she got to her lead side 'eventually'. Hitting off the back foot / early extension.

Kevin

Note: This thread is 3253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!