IGNORED

Mid-Atlantic Outing (April 9, 10 2016)

Note: This thread is 2852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Our tee time Sunday has been moved up to 10:40 and 10:50 in order to get ahead of the A-Team Not sure hey will let us play as 5 at SGCC

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Weather was iffy on Saturday and Sunday was better.  Still a Great time with @DaveP043 @Jeremie Boop @RandallT @GolfLug.  

Cheers to new friends.  :beer:

image.png

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Thanks so much @DaveP043 and @jsgolfer for getting us in on your courses to play and thank you two as well as @GolfLug and @RandallT for putting up with my struggles through my first rounds of the year. All four of you guys helped make it much less painful by being super nice. It also helped to play on two of the nicest courses I've ever had the privilege to be on, and given the fact that they look so great this early in the season is amazing to me. I really enjoy getting the chance to meet other members of the forum and look forward to getting a chance to play some golf with all of you guys again.

*this may or may not be a very coherent post, pretty tired as I just got home from driving back*

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

13 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Cheers to new friends.  :beer:

Ditto. Although the weather took a bite out of the potential golfers who were moronic (as Dave's wife put it) enough to golf on Saturday, the fivesome was great fun.

6 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Thanks so much @DaveP043 and @jsgolfer for getting us in on your courses to play and thank you two as well as @GolfLug and @RandallT for putting up with my struggles through my first rounds of the year. All four of you guys helped make it much less painful by being super nice.

Yah- what a treat to play such cool courses. Each one had a great character to it, but they were both similar in that you couldn't lose focus around the greens or you could tack on extra strokes pretty easily.

Glad you made it back safe- my body was quite creaky by the end of two straight 18's, so I can't imagine a long drive home after Springfield. As for the quality of play, personally I'll just try to remember the sprinkling of some good shots I might've had, forget the truly awful ones, and then try to learn from all the rest of my shots to get in gear for the year. But yes, what a fun way to really get the season going. If you make it out this way again for some event, you are welcome to stay at our place here.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I want to thank all of he guys who played, it was a lot of fun meeting new friends and seeing my old friend @GolfLug again.  It was also a treat to meat V's lovely wife Tera, and @RandallT delightful daughter.  For those who chose to stay warm and dry on Saturday, you almost certainly made a good choice.  We played, but Stoneleigh showed its teeth with 2 and 3 club winds and occasional snow flurries.  Did I mention that it was ****ing cold when the wind was blowing?  @Jeremie Boop did have a ball blown off a green early on, just a taste of the fun to come.  We had a nice dinner at my house on Saturday, I'm just sorry that   @jsgolfer couldn't join us.  Sunday at Springfield was still cold, but the wind was much less, and the sun was out.  We all hit some really good shots, and some really bad ones, but that's golf.  For those who would have liked to attend but couldn't, I hope we can organize something again in the near future.

Again, thanks to the guys who joined us, and thanks to @iacas and  TheSandTrap.com for making this kind of thing possible.

• Upvote 3

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

How do you know it was probably too cold to be golfing? Your ball cracks!

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

Edited by Jeremie Boop
  • Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

@DaveP043 and @jsgolfer thanks for putting this together.  The weather was terribly unlucky, and I'm sorry me and a few others were too scared to risk damage to our fragile balls.

Spoiler

@Jeremie Boop may have earned a Purple Heart for damage to his.  :banana:

Hats off to you boys, and I look forward to the next one.  :beer:

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

10 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

How do you know it was probably too cold to be golfing? Your ball cracks!

You just hit 'em too dang hard!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

20 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

You just hit 'em too dang hard!

If I only hit them in the right direction also....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Next time, the weather will be better and everyone can enjoy the courses even more.  :beer:

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

• 2 months later...

Whenever you guys decide to do it again, I'd like to come! I'll be watching this thread for next time! 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

On 4/12/2016 at 1:33 PM, jsgolfer said:

Next time, the weather will be better and everyone can enjoy the courses even more.  :beer:

By "enjoy," you must mean we can look forward to these phrases we heard a lot of:

1. "Don't be long on this hole, or you're dead back there." (a Springfield fav)
  2. "Hey nice shot!..... oh, by the way, you're dead there." (a common Stoneleigh refrain- I remember it vividly on #4, with the pin on the lower tier)
On 7/8/2016 at 8:08 AM, woodzie264 said:

Whenever you guys decide to do it again, I'd like to come! I'll be watching this thread for next time! 

Welcome! So you've been a TST member since 2009, huh? I see you in the 5-min practice thread like I am. Cheers!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

9 hours ago, RandallT said:

By "enjoy," you must mean we can look forward to these phrases we heard a lot of:

1. "Don't be long on this hole, or you're dead back there." (a Springfield fav)
  2. "Hey nice shot!..... oh, by the way, you're dead there." (a common Stoneleigh refrain- I remember it vividly on #4, with the pin on the lower tier)

Welcome! So you've been a TST member since 2009, huh? I see you in the 5-min practice thread like I am. Cheers!

Yeah, I drifted away for a few years but now that my two boys are a bit older (5&8) and out of the toddler stages I have a little more time to put back into golf. It doesn't hurt that my 8yo loves it! Happy to be back :beer:

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• iacas unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 2852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!