IGNORED

"The Practice Manual" by Adam Young

iacas

I'm currently reading the book. Nearly finished.

I like the book. I like it a lot, actually. Lots of good stuff. I figure it will take a while to incorporate this stuff into my practice and play, though.

I will need to refer to the book often- just so much stuff in there, and can't expect to remember all of it after reading just once.

This book will improve my game, I'm sure of it.

I am intrigued about this book just based on some of the responses. If I see it on a shelf some where I would probably purchase it because of the club face, swing path info some one above said it had in it. One more book in my golf library would not be any big deal at all for me. It's my opinion that any instruction book on anything has at least something one can use by reading it. I think all golf instruction books are like that. I also don't think all instruction books have 100% of the answers needed when read by the individual.

I think most golfers would do well if they took the time to write their own book based on their own golf ability. Writing down stuff that worked, and stuff that did not work for them. Just writing down stuff about their own trials and tribulations that they can refer back to as needed. I am not talking about writing something they would want published. Just something personal to their own game. I did it, and the info I have in it is a great help to me as I need it.  I also believe that by writing down info helps the author understand that info in a better manner.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm currently reading the book. Nearly finished.

I like the book. I like it a lot, actually. Lots of good stuff. I figure it will take a while to incorporate this stuff into my practice and play, though.

I will need to refer to the book often- just so much stuff in there, and can't expect to remember all of it after reading just once.

This book will improve my game, I'm sure of it.

Hi Kenny, Glad you enjoyed.

Yes, there is a lot in the book. I set it out with summaries at the end of each chapter so it makes it easier to dip in and out to remind yourself of the concepts.

Patch- I like that idea. I first started blogging as a means of organizing my thoughts. A book was the extension of this. The book and concepts within were gained from my teaching experience, but I also found that they are supported by the scientific literature on motor learning.

p.s. you wont find it on a shelf at the moment - it is only available through amazon

• 7 years later...

I am re-reading the last half of this book now, so that I can finalise my winter programme (following lessons with my coach). 

I had a short break of 25 years from golf, so the modern ball flight laws were a revelation to me. There are definitely worth a read, if you don’t know or understand them fully. 

I also like the advice about practicing skills as well as technique. Low point control is massive. 

ignore the trolls, Adam. Your book is a genuine attempt to improve golfers’ abilities. Love the podcast too 👍

55 minutes ago, JonWilliams said:

I am re-reading the last half of this book now, so that I can finalise my winter programme (following lessons with my coach). 

I had a short break of 25 years from golf, so the modern ball flight laws were a revelation to me. There are definitely worth a read, if you don’t know or understand them fully. 

I also like the advice about practicing skills as well as technique. Low point control is massive. 

ignore the trolls, Adam. Your book is a genuine attempt to improve golfers’ abilities. Love the podcast too 👍

Well..it’s been 7 years to what you’re responding too…..soooo, yeah.😄

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge