IGNORED

Ball Held by Inner Cup Liner, Ruling? (Pictures Inside)

DannyMac
Note: This thread is 1339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry, @Rulesman, fat fingered the pad and sent blank. Point taken. Getting closer to simple ruling/definition then. Insert; obstruction; as other sports identify objects) and the term obstruction. Decision based on the object and the nature of the obstruction. Oh, that's what this discussion was all about. Faced discussions like this dozens of times...not in golf though. :-D.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 years later...

I have done this before and it was me and my two friends out there. When we came up on the hole we were shocked. I was semi-excited but I know it wasn't a guaranteed hole in one because Ball has to be in the bottom of the cup. So instead of putting the ball on the edge my friends made me spot it a putter length away lipped out and it rolled off the green. Next shot back to the exact same spot where I spotted "The Half a Hole In One" spot then putted it in for a bogey. After the whole was over an ounce to my friends that if that ever happened again if it was in a ruling it should be an automatic birdie no hole-in-one. Definitely the closest thing to a hole-in-one unless the ball gets stuck on top of the Pin. 

Note: This thread is 1339 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!