IGNORED

Russia's Andrey Pavlov Needs 17 Shots on 1st Hole at the Lyoness Open

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/13063603/andrey-pavlov-scores-17-first-hole-lyoness-open

Quote:

On the par-5 first, Pavlov found the water on six attempts. The Diamond Country Club course is known for its many water hazards.

Chris Gane also scored a 17 at Gleneagles 12 years ago, still three strokes less than Philippe Porquier's record of 20 at the French Open in 1978.

Golf is HARD! :-D

Though the analyst for ESPN on this could have tried not to copy Lebron Jame's in the way they counted the strokes. :doh:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

From the Bleacher Report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2494156-russias-andrey-pavlov-needs-17-shots-on-1st-hole-at-the-lyoness-open?utm_source=cnn.com&utm;_medium=referral&utm;_campaign=editorial

And you thought a triple bogey was a bad hole!

Quote:

By Sean Fay , UK Staff Writer

Did Russia's Andrey Pavlov get off to a good start to his round at the Lyoness Open on Friday?

Nyet !

Pavlov shot a disastrous 17 on the par-five first during his second round at the Diamond Country Club, tying for the second-worst score in European Tour history, per the BBC .

It turned out to be a true Tin Cup hole for Pavlov (without the redemptive ending), as he found the water six times.

He eventually shot a 90 (18-over) for the round, after scoring a one-under 71 the previous day.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I don't feel so bad now.

Friday, Russia’s Andrey Pavlov recorded a 17 -- on the par-5 first hole, at the Lyoness Open in Atzenbrugg, Austria. He went on to shoot 90, playing the rest of the round in 6 over.

Four years ago, Kevin Na made a 16 on the par-4 ninth during the opening round of the Valero Texas Open.

All of it proof that even pros aren't completely immune to looking like, well, not so pro-like.

By the way, Pavlov’s 17 is still one shy of the worst single-hole score in a PGA TOUR event. John Daly had an 18 on the par-5 sixth at Bay Hill in 1998. Ray Ainsley had a 19 on the par-4 16th at Cherry Hills in the 1938 U.S. Open.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I don't feel so bad now.

Friday, Russia’s Andrey Pavlov recorded a 17 -- on the par-5 first hole, at the Lyoness Open in Atzenbrugg, Austria. He went on to shoot 90, playing the rest of the round in 6 over.

Four years ago, Kevin Na made a 16 on the par-4 ninth during the opening round of the Valero Texas Open.

All of it proof that even pros aren't completely immune to looking like, well, not so pro-like.

By the way, Pavlov’s 17 is still one shy of the worst single-hole score in a PGA TOUR event. John Daly had an 18 on the par-5 sixth at Bay Hill in 1998. Ray Ainsley had a 19 on the par-4 16th at Cherry Hills in the 1938 U.S. Open.

Ummm... http://thesandtrap.com/t/82591/russias-andrey-pavlov-needs-17-shots-on-1st-hole-at-the-lyoness-open

I beat you to it ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

From the Bleacher Report

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2494156-russias-andrey-pavlov-needs-17-shots-on-1st-hole-at-the-lyoness-open?utm_source=cnn.com&utm;_medium=referral&utm;_campaign=editorial

And you thought a triple bogey was a bad hole!

oops didn't see it

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Arnold Palmer took a 12 in 1961 at the Los Angeles Open, par-5 18th hole, Rancho Park Golf Course. Asked how he made 12, Arnold Palmer told reporters, "I missed my putt for 11," . He didn't mention the four shots he hit OB.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Note: This thread is 3243 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!