IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The problem in the U.S. right now is that many people want to say no friggin way, but its hard to tell any longer. I think he's getting so cavalier and loony that the curtain will close soon. In one week he's called out a 5-year Vietnam vet and POW who's been in the Senate for 25 years for "getting captured" and released a personal cell phone number as a gimmick on national television. What's the encore, releasing Hillary Clinton's credit card account numbers to the NY Times? I wouldn't be surprised to see several civil suits come his way if this stuff keeps up.

He reminds me of many entrepreneurs I've known as clients. They don't really care. They're always thinking about how they're being attacked, and telling others why they are wrong.

Typical.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The problem in the U.S. right now is that many people want to say no friggin way, but its hard to tell any longer. I think he's getting so cavalier and loony that the curtain will close soon. In one week he's called out a 5-year Vietnam vet and POW who's been in the Senate for 25 years for "getting captured" and released a personal cell phone number as a gimmick on national television. What's the encore, releasing Hillary Clinton's credit card account numbers to the NY Times? I wouldn't be surprised to see several civil suits come his way if this stuff keeps up.

I think he is days away from ordering 1,000 pizzas to be delivered to Clinton's campaign office!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Apparently, Trump's comment on McCain didn't hurt him according to the latest poll.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Apparently, Trump's comment on McCain didn't hurt him according to the latest poll.

Trump and Jeb are leading due to name recognition and media attention.  What the polls say today is pretty meaningless, this is all prefight hype.

Joe Paradiso

So Trump thinks it is a good idea for Palin to be in the cabinet.

The only cabinet position palin is qualified to occupy is a storage cabinet.
But she would probably leave early!

Shows Trumps lack of judgement.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/donald-trump-2016-sarah-palin-cabinet-post-120747.html#ixzz3hIAtFo00

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/donald-trump-2016-sarah-palin-cabinet-post-120747.html#ixzz3hIAtFo00

You guys don't get Trump.  What better way to shut up Palin and have her support Trump than to compliment her and suggest that she'd be include her in his cabinet.

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer

You guys don't get Trump.  What better way to shut up Palin and have her support Trump than to compliment her and suggest that she'd be include her in his cabinet.

With the divorce/rape story that broke out yesterday, he may have lost some women votes.  Getting Palin on his side may get a few of those votes back ;-) .   But this is a moot point since he already lost the Hispanic votes which cannot be overcome in the general election.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

With the divorce/rape story that broke out yesterday, he may have lost some women votes.  Getting Palin on his side may get a few of those votes back .   But this is a moot point since he already lost the Hispanic votes which cannot be overcome in the general election.

He or any other GOP candidate isn't likely to get many Hispanic votes (except maybe Rubio) so I'm not sure that is a problem for Trump.

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer

With the divorce/rape story that broke out yesterday, he may have lost some women votes.  Getting Palin on his side may get a few of those votes back .   But this is a moot point since he already lost the Hispanic votes which cannot be overcome in the general election.

But he has the vote of men with ridiculous toupees, so that must count for something, no?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

He or any other GOP candidate isn't likely to get many Hispanic votes (except maybe Rubio) so I'm not sure that is a problem for Trump.

The last time I checked, Hispanic votes were not all or nothing for the Reps.   In 2014 election, 36% of Hispanics identified themselves as Republican.    That's not going to hold for 2016 election, I'd imagine.

I also believe, with Trump's mouth, he will offend and alienate more voting blocs before this is over.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

The Trump supporters' mantra is "He tells it like it is!"  Well, no, he doesn't tell It like it "is", he just tells it his way. Reality show clown who will disappear once people have to actually cast ballots.

Bill M

The appeal to a lot of people is that no matter what he says, he doesn't apologize for it.  A lot of people get real tired of politicians who tiptoe around because they might "offend" someone.

The last time I checked, Hispanic votes were not all or nothing for the Reps.   In 2014 election, 36% of Hispanics identified themselves as Republican.    That's not going to hold for 2016 election, I'd imagine.

Yup, both Ronald Reagan and G.W. Bush managed to get over 35% of the Hispanic vote in each of their elections.  Mitt Romney last time got only 27%.  Doesn't mean Republicans need to pander, but simply not offending the third of Hispanics who might be voting for them is probably a good idea. One reason I think Rubio is popular as a 2nd choice; maybe not experienced enough for the top of the ticket yet, but I think a lot of people are liking him for VP.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/politics/donald-trump-interview-dana-bash/index.html

"Everybody exaggerates. I mean, I guess I do, a little bit,"

Oh, really?   Those exaggerations are what's fueling his popularity I'd guess.  Like the one below which is not even a remote possibility.   What he said below makes him sound like a simpleton but has been effective for 18% - 20% of Reps so far.  Any 10 year old kid can say something like that without understanding the feasibility of implementing it.   He's surely talking the talk.  Walking the walk is a whole different story.

"He said that as president he would deport all undocumented immigrants and then allow the "good ones" to reenter the country through an "expedited process" and live in the U.S. legally, though not as citizens.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

You know, I sort of dismissed above the idea that Trump was some sort of Democratic plant. But then interesting to read this :

Quote:
Former president Bill Clinton had a private telephone conversation in late spring with Donald Trump at the same time that the billionaire investor and reality-television star was nearing a decision to run for the White House, according to associates of both men.

Quote:

The talk with Clinton — the spouse of the Democratic presidential front-runner and one of his party’s preeminent political strategists — came just weeks before Trump jumped into the GOP race and surged to the front of the crowded Republican field.

I imagine this is only going to add fuel to the conspiracy theories. Also, I know any of these guys can make a gaffe now and then, especially when speaking off the cuff, but the whole controversy about Trump's comments about Mexico sending rapists to the US, that statement came from his announcement speech. It was his prepared remarks.  So the whole controversy seems somewhat deliberately created to me.

It will be interesting to see how Trump handles the first debate. If his goal is to win, he probably needs to use that opportunity to fist demonstrate some competence on some issue details, especially since some are treating him as not a serious candidate. Lacking both foreign policy and legislative experience, he probably needs to do his homework in order to perhaps surprise people a bit by showing more of a wonkish side.  But he probably also needs to demonstrate the kinder more generous side of Donald Trump, as he really needs to bring down those unfavorables. Basically he should be arguing for his own competence, and leadership, while trying to appear a little more presidential.  Trump is no dummy, and he has some media savvy. He could actually do well in a debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post

You know, I sort of dismissed above the idea that Trump was some sort of Democratic plant. But then interesting to read this :

Quote:
Former president Bill Clinton had a private telephone conversation in late spring with Donald Trump at the same time that the billionaire investor and reality-television star was nearing a decision to run for the White House, according to associates of both men.

Quote:

The talk with Clinton — the spouse of the Democratic presidential front-runner and one of his party’s preeminent political strategists — came just weeks before Trump jumped into the GOP race and surged to the front of the crowded Republican field.

I imagine this is only going to add fuel to the conspiracy theories. Also, I know any of these guys can make a gaffe now and then, especially when speaking off the cuff, but the whole controversy about Trump's comments about Mexico sending rapists to the US, that statement came from his announcement speech. It was his prepared remarks.  So the whole controversy seems somewhat deliberately created to me.

It will be interesting to see how Trump handles the first debate. If his goal is to win, he probably needs to use that opportunity to fist demonstrate some competence on some issue details, especially since some are treating him as not a serious candidate. Lacking both foreign policy and legislative experience, he probably needs to do his homework in order to perhaps surprise people a bit by showing more of a wonkish side.  But he probably also needs to demonstrate the kinder more generous side of Donald Trump, as he really needs to bring down those unfavorables. Basically he should be arguing for his own competence, and leadership, while trying to appear a little more presidential.  Trump is no dummy, and he has some media savvy. He could actually do well in a debate.

I don't believe in this particular conspiracy theory.   But if it is true, in track terminology, it will be like a rabbit winning the race if Trump wins the Rep's nomination.  His lead in polls have widened.    BTW, it will be better for Trump to run as independent if his goal is to ensure the Dem's win at POTUS.    So much for the theory.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Personally I think the wildly most likely theory is just that Trump's a crazy egomaniac and is getting off on all of this and wouldn't mind getting to actually run the country to boot.  He's so much better than everyone else after all!

But regardless, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what the hell is going to happen in the debate with him in the lead!

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I don't believe in this particular conspiracy theory.   But if it is true, in track terminology, it will be like a rabbit winning the race if Trump wins the Rep's nomination.  His lead in polls have widened.    BTW, it will be better for Trump to run as independent if his goal is to ensure the Dem's win at POTUS.    So much for the theory.

The tin foil hat theory is that Trump will attack the other GOP nominees and party (starting with the debate tomorrow night) to the point that there will be no way for him to win the GOP nomination and at that time he will run as an independent.  He'd never get the airtime or invite to the debate if he started out as an independent.

The GOP can't control Trump so there's no way they want him to represent their party.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2976 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!