IGNORED

Have You Ever Read Golf Digest... ON WEEEEEED???

iacas
Note: This thread is 6041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

no, but I bet he has:

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Oh, I agree some of it could be due to that. But it's tough for me to fathom that many scratch golfers who cheat so much and don't want an accurate testament to their game.

yeah. If they average 83, they aren't scratch golfers, or they are playing at a course harder than i've ever heard of

yeah. If they average 83, they aren't scratch golfers, or they are playing at a course harder than i've ever heard of

How well do you think your average exact-scratch golfer (handicap 0.0) would do on a U.S. Open venue with a U.S. Open setup? If they estimated that a 10-handicapper might not break 100 at Oakmont this year, maybe an exact scratch golfer might not break 80.

(I'm just saying it's possible)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
How well do you think your average exact-scratch golfer (handicap 0.0) would do on a U.S. Open venue with a U.S. Open setup? If they estimated that a 10-handicapper might not break 100 at Oakmont this year, maybe an exact scratch golfer might not break 80.

I highly doubt that the numbers Dave Pelz got were from courses set up to play as tough as Oakmont did this year. Come on now...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've heard good things about Bobby Clampett's book, the "Impact Zone,"

I also thought that whole thing was a bit odd, particularly the thought that the swing path of a tour player bottoms out 4 inches past the ball. I think maybe Bobby's schmokin' some...

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

I also thought that whole thing was a bit odd, particularly the thought that the swing path of a tour player bottoms out 4 inches past the ball. I think maybe Bobby's schmokin' some...

or that bit about vijay singh and how he tees the ball low so he can hit down with driver or something. I'm not exactly knowledgeable but i'm pretty sure your not supposed to hit down on fairways

• Administrator

I think that's pretty accurate (with irons - jury's out on the driver). Why do you feel differently?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Are you confusing with bottoming out "4 inches UNDER the ball"?? He's not implying they're taking a 4-inch deep divot, just that the low point of the divot is 4" in front of the ball. If you consider the fact that pro's divots don't even start until after the ball, I think the statement is reasonable.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

See, folks, this is why I subscribe to Golf, not Golf Digest...

But yeah this guy is losing it.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I highly doubt that the numbers Dave Pelz got were from courses set up to play as tough as Oakmont did this year. Come on now...

Right. I think my reason for saying that was to give examples of when a player would be playing worse than his handicap would show. Like Oakmont, these courses certainly weren't. Set up tougher than usual -- especially with regard to the rough and pin placements -- that I can certainly see. Especially if the golfers weren't already familiar with the course, and thus knew where they could safely miss.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

bababaaba his "o face" thats a good one. Ya i read that exact golf magazine in the airport today and the article about CG made NO sense to me at all.

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

Note: This thread is 6041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!