IGNORED

2015 Scottish Open Discussion Thread

Silent
Note: This thread is 3222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's a shame that UK TV golf coverage is getting as bad as the USA and mainly following golfing NAMES no matter how they are playing (eg the USA & Woods) instead of showing players playing GOOD GOLF. Today the best player - JOOST LUITEN wasn't shown AT ALL. I'd have thought they'd realise golfers wanna watch the BEST players too... BTW he was -7 for the day

I partly agree. Yes, having the best round of the entire field it's strange that he pretty much didn't got airtime. Actually, the video highlight of the ET website of yesterday, they didn't even mention him (?!). On the other hand he has himself to 'blame'. Let's call it what it is: this season so far he sucks, as did his play in round one. Even after the best round of day 2 he's nit in the top 10 (T13). I'm sure if he plays a solid round today we'll see plenty of him, being in contention for top 5 then.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, Jimmy Walker +7 after 4 holes (!)

He finished at +8 for the day to drop to the bottom of the leader board. I'm glad Ben hung in there and shot -2 for the day playing with him. I think it would be rough having to play along with someone struggling that badly.

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

Luiten 3 birdies in a row and T3.

Shame I didn't see it.. But I had to go and waste my time laying on the beach in Spain and drinking cold beer at a beach Hut .. Gawd.. but I spose someone's gotta do it.. Have to give that job to someone else tomorrow for the last round .. :)

I envy you. I'll be in Greece (Crete) in 7 weeks from now. That must count for something :-P

~Jorrit

Is it me or does it look like G-Mac gained a lot of weight? He got fat. Drinking too many Guiness. Could explain his game being down. Weight changes can sometimes impact your game.

Is it me or does it look like G-Mac gained a lot of weight? He got fat. Drinking too many Guiness. Could explain his game being down. Weight changes can sometimes impact your game.

I was just about to ask the same thing...so it ain't just you...lol.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I envy you. I'll be in Greece (Crete) in 7 weeks from now. That must count for something :-P

Better take a lotta €€€ with ya .. banks are broke .. probably get a round with buggy, caddy and cold beers for 10€.. Have a good time ;-)

Shaping up for a great final round, shootout.

BROOKS, Daniel -12
JACQUELIN, Raphael -11
T3
FOWLER, Rickie -10
T3
LUITEN, Joust -10
T3
FLEETWOOD, Tommy -10
T6
PEPPERELL, Eddie -9
T6
KNOX, Russell -9
T6
KUCHAR, Matt -9
T9
JIMÉNEZ, Miguel Angel -8
T9
PALMER, Ryan

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I partly agree. Yes, having the best round of the entire field it's strange that he pretty much didn't got airtime. Actually, the video highlight of the ET website of yesterday, they didn't even mention him (?!). On the other hand he has himself to 'blame'. Let's call it what it is: this season so far he sucks, as did his play in round one. Even after the best round of day 2 he's nit in the top 10 (T13). I'm sure if he plays a solid round today we'll see plenty of him, being in contention for top 5 then.

I stand corrected at this btw. Yesterday Luiten shot birdies on 15, 16 and 17 to bring him to T3 and one shot of the lead at that moment. Nothing was shown... unbelievable.

~Jorrit

I stand corrected at this btw. Yesterday Luiten shot birdies on 15, 16 and 17 to bring him to T3 and one shot of the lead at that moment. Nothing was shown... unbelievable.

The Golf Channel's (and later, NBC) coverage yesterday was horrible. They have very few cameras there and as such, really only followed 6 guys. They joked with Rickie after the round that they left he and Kuchar after the 12th hole and as soon as they did, both went off, completely uncovered until 18. It was frustrating. Fox is setting the standard, I hope the others adopt some of their best practices, especially taking along a few more cameras.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

My case rests :) :)

My case rests :) :)

After three holes today, they already showed him more than the other three days combined ;) Just as Fowler, a solid start with 3 pars. Jaquelin and Brooks switched places and scores.

~Jorrit

After three holes today, they already showed him more than the other three days combined ;) Just as Fowler, a solid start with 3 pars. Jaquelin and Brooks switched places and scores.

Joost almost always falls away on the final day after being nicely in contention. I hope that Daniel holds it together today but got a rotten feeling that Fowler might nick it.

Dubuisson is showing a lot of frustration. Jacquelin and Brooks still leading at -11. The afternoon groups seem to struggle to get below par. Luiten wit two bogeys in a row and at -8.

~Jorrit

From the late afternoon groups no-one is under par after the front nine it seems. Leader Jacquelin just shot a provisional after a very bad tee shot.

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 3222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!