IGNORED

Greatest Offense Ever ?

Fried Egg
Note:Β This thread is 5992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

1. 1. The Patriots have the greatest offense if NFL history.

• Yes
    • No

who do you think will take the first cheap shot at tom shady???

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who do you think will take the first cheap shot at tom shady???

I think it will be a questionsable late hit from a blind side blitz. So it will likely be a defensive back or linebacker.

In my bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad
Woods: RPM LP 3W & 5W
Irons: MX-25 4-SWPutter: Detour

Lighten up on Tom. Tom is doing what Bill has asked. Bill is the ego maniac here, he is pissed at the world.

WEEI, local sports talk radio keeps talking about what Dungy said after "Video Gate" He made some comment like the Pats past achievements are tainted like those of Barry Bonds. I'm sure this is on the board in the Pats locker room, regardless of any truth or not.

Can't wait for Sunday's game, hope this will settle things down some. Good luck to both teams!

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

I think it will be a questionsable late hit from a blind side blitz. So it will likely be a defensive back or linebacker.

Not necessarily, it could be a big fat defensive lineman who barely makes it there and plops down on Brady's left knee, as he's throwing.

Not necessarily, it could be a big fat defensive lineman who barely makes it there and plops down on Brady's left knee, as he's throwing.

Which could always happen, but. . .there is no personal beef on the Colts side of the ball. From interviews this week INDY coaches and players don't indicate they see the Pats as a rival as much as a hurdle.

BTW There is a story right now on ESPN about the colts D-line emphasizing containment and pocket shrinking rather than sacking, and how that has improved their defense overall. . . especially slowing the run.

1991 Redskins 14-2 (SB champions) led by Mark Rypien, Earnest Byner, the Hogs up front, Art (I deserve to be in the HOF) Monk, Gary Clark, Ricky Sanders.

or the 1998 Minnesota Vikings 15-1 (lost to the Falcons in the NFC Championship game) led by Randall Cunningham, Robert Smith, Randy Moss and the best WR (not named Jerry Rice) Cris Carter.

those 2 are arguably the best offenses ever assembled imho.

seen some good ones over the years. was too young to see the Dolphins do their thing,hard to beat those stats. my choice though is the '99 Rams,they were scary to me. sure they lost a few,but they slaughtered teams at will. having said this, i find teams with great defences more interesting for some reason. LT,Lewis,Singletary. those guys and their teams are what i like thinking about.

My Blog

Which could always happen, but. . .there is no personal beef on the Colts side of the ball. From interviews this week INDY coaches and players don't indicate they see the Pats as a rival as much as a hurdle.

Ummm, I didn't say the Colts would do that, although your pre-emptive defense may be beguile a ruthlessness. It's a good thing Tony Dungy is above that.

Ummm, I didn't say the Colts would do that, although your pre-emptive defense may be beguile a ruthlessness. It's a good thing Tony Dungy is above that.

Yeah, I was continuing the conversation, and should have quoted GBK 56 who had previously said:

"I think it will be a questionsable late hit from a blind side blitz. So it will likely be a defensive back or linebacker." Yours was the last comment on the thread in that particular conversation vein, so I quoted you. You are right that the Colts wouldn't do that. And so was I. You are definitely wrong in your usage of the word beguile. Perhaps you meant BELIE, or BETRAY? Below are the common definitions of beguile. As you can see there is no way I, or anyone, could "beguile a ruthlessness." And YES I am in a bad mood after the Colts loss. beΒ·guile (bΔ­-gΔ«l') pronunciation tr.v., -guiled, -guilΒ·ing, -guiles. 1. To deceive by guile; delude. See synonyms at deceive. 2. To take away from by or as if by guile; cheat: a disease that has beguiled me of strength. 3. To distract the attention of; divert: β€œto beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming” (Abraham Lincoln). 4. To pass (time) pleasantly. 5. To amuse or charm; delight. See synonyms at charm.

I have read through the posts. After watching the Pats I would place them no higher than 8. They have only an average offensive line, slightly above average tight end and running backs. The dallas cowboys of the tripletts era, the air coryell chargers, Montana era 49ers, Steelers of the Franco Harris, Lynn Swann, Bradshaw etc. I am not convinced they are even as good as some of the recent colts teams. Where is the power running threat, the dangerous tight end? This is an offense that can be explosive but also one a team with a dominant defensive line could well shut down. Such a team could keep moss from getting off the line, not one of his strengths and disrupt the timing nature of this offense with a pass rush. This is an offense designed to shred the cover 2, it is vulnerable to more agressive press defenses.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

new england lacks a solid running game....
i think the colts is the better team.... they lost by 4 w/ out harrison...

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

I have read through the posts. After watching the Pats I would place them no higher than 8. They have only an average offensive line, slightly above average tight end and running backs. The dallas cowboys of the tripletts era, the air coryell chargers, Montana era 49ers, Steelers of the Franco Harris, Lynn Swann, Bradshaw etc. I am not convinced they are even as good as some of the recent colts teams. Where is the power running threat, the dangerous tight end? This is an offense that can be explosive but also one a team with a dominant defensive line could well shut down. Such a team could keep moss from getting off the line, not one of his strengths and disrupt the timing nature of this offense with a pass rush. This is an offense designed to shred the cover 2, it is vulnerable to more agressive press defenses.

valid point, but the team the pats just beat plays a cover 2 deep with ALOT of press coverage at the line. Jackson and Hayden love to bump, this is essential to the success of a 2 deep because if they dont get the jam that leaves a receiver one on one with a safety..not good. Obviously being a huge pats fan im biased. if theyre not the best ever theyre pretty close, they dont run the ball much but the fact is that they can when the time is needed. They've torched teams with great secondaries (redskins), great lines (chargers) and they just beat a very solid D in Indy. BTW i won't be mocking any colts fans because i know ill be treated with the "typical Boston a**hole" reply. See you guys in january

p.s. to everyone talking about harrison not playing, that would have effected this game, but him playing will have ZERO effect in the playoffs when its 27 degrees at Gillette. While i'll concede that harrison is a great receiver, even the most passionate colts fan would agree that he hates contact, and when he gets hit he disappears. he wants nothing to do with going over the middle in january. IMO wayne is a far far better receiver at this point.

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

• 2 weeks later...
You are definitely wrong in your usage of the word beguile. Perhaps you meant BELIE, or BETRAY?

Hmmm, beguile is incorrect. Belie and betray are definitely incorrect as well.

Maybe "evince?" But that's not quite the word I'm looking for either. Can't think right now.

ok i was modest several weeks ago but im not holding back any more, this is without a shadow of a doubt the best, most lethal offense in NFL history. It blows my mind how well brady is playing, and moss is simply uncover able. the only problem that could turn this offense from a 40ppg team to say a 35ppg team is the run blocking/health of the backs. i thought the bills would play them though...boy was i wrong.

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

Life long Bills fan...I wanted someone on the Pats to break Losman's Leg...This guy sucks so bad...second coming of Rob Johnson.

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

Note:Β This thread is 5992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!