IGNORED

What's the lowest score you have ever shot?

MasonAsher2014
Note: This thread is 3197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

These are some super interesting stories!

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot my lowest round today of 78. Been playing golf for about 6 and half months now and this was my first time breaking 80. Before this I had shot 82 a few weeks back but during my high school season my lowest round was I think like a 95. Hoping to be shooting consistently in the 70's this upcoming year!

I actually started off really badly today, started bogey, double two of the easiest holes on the course then I skipped 3-6 and played 7-18 because of how many people were in front of me when I teed off. I shot a 36-42, 36 on the back, I only hit 7 greens and had a total of 9 near greens but my chipping was good. I shot an 86 yesterday and I hit 12 greens so my ball striking has been there the last 2 weeks or so but my short game has been awful. Today was the first time I ever had less then 30 putts!

Edit: Course was par 72, 73.4, 7024 yards

Lowest 9 holes shot 2 under 34 on 139 slope 36 par, lowest 18 was even 72 on slope 135 rate 72.5.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

74 on a par 72.  Mostly from my best ever 9 hole score, 33 on the par 36 back nine.

If I remember correctly I had a par 5 eagle, par 3 birdie, and 7 pars on the back.  A bunch of semi-miracle recoveries through the round.  Typical driver miss pushed right into the trees followed by 100-150 yard punch slice 3i under the trees, rolled down the fairway onto the green, two putt par...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I think my best round ever, however, was a 78 from the tips at Butlers Lakeside (Elizabeth PA) when I had a 9 on a Par 4, and an 8 on a Par 5.  Shot -2 on the other 16 holes.

This reminds me of a playing partner/friend of mine during a club championship qualifier for match play.   He was -4 through 13.  The 14th hole was a par5.......he hit into the woods and spent about 4 strokes trying to get out!!!!   He carded a 9!!!!  what impressed me was he parred the final 4 holes after that disaster to shoot even par.   That took some STONES...IMO!!  I have no clue what I shot...LOL

I don't know my lowest tourney round because I've played in so many the years...not so much recent years.   I also played in pot-games that weren't tourney rounds, but they meant as much or more to me because money was on the line.  All of these rounds blend together in my memory.

My lowest round is a -4 68 on a par72 course with a 72.5CR and 137 slope.  Another round I am equally proud of is a level par 72 on a long 7100+yd course with a 75.1CR 141 slope.

I've scored even par or lower on 7 different championship courses. ............and I am one of those guys that doesn't play around much!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Tournament 18 : 70 (-2)
Casual 18 : 64 (-8)
Tournament 9 : 36 (even)
Casual 9 : 31 (-5)

If you want to count the PAT test as a tournament then yeah I've shot a 70 there.  That was with hitting 4-iron off of almost every tee because my driver was really bad that day and I didn't need to hit anything too long.  The tournament 9 was in high school where I helped our team win a multi-team tourney, which was cool.

My casual 18 was interesting.  I wasn't hitting spectacular shots into the greens, but I was sinking every putt.  Everything out to 30ft or so would just drop.  I had another round of 65 where I was hitting awesome shots into the greens and having tapins for birdies.  So kinda both worlds there.  The casual 9 was after work one day and my game was on.  Hit every green and was putting well.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Tournament 78

Casual 77

The tournament score was in our B Flight Final (match play) and it was the first time I ever broke 80. I was so focused on the match that I wasn't paying attention to the score. I have broken 80 many times since and have shot 77 three times in casual rounds.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!