IGNORED

2015 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits Discussion Thread

RiddleMeThis
Note: This thread is 3179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Where did I say society should praise him? Watch a prick like RIchard Sherman make a sport that has 52 players on a roster make it all about himself. Then watch Spieth play a game that is an individual sport and go out of his way to credit his caddie and make it about the two of them. It's not that difficult to see the difference between how they were brought up. It's always good to know there's guys like you out there who can't handle it though. Just know that says a lot more about you than it does him.

People di•k sucking Spieth is a major reason I don't particularly like Spieth. He's too goddamn perfect, yeah I know sure he doesn't seem fake and I'm sure he's a good enough guy but he grinds my damn gears and people who are constantly saying "oooooh look what Spieth did ooooh Spieth is such a nice and classy player, unlike "X". We get it. He's the Gwyneth Paltrow of the sport. But I'm a dick. And yeah, Richard Sherman is a huge dick, I hate the Seahawks. But that's not true, he doesn't act like it's a one man team. On the "not being raised right part", Richard Sherman had to work his ass off to get into Stanford and he's an incredibly smart guy. Not being born with a silver spoon in your mouth doesn't mean he was not "raised right". But anyway, this is OT.

• Upvote 1

Riley

People di•k sucking Spieth is a major reason I don't like Spieth. He's too goddamn perfect, yeah I know sure he doesn't seem fake and I'm sure he's a good enough guy but he grinds my damn gears and people who are constantly saying "oooooh look what Spieth did ooooh Spieth is such a nice and classy player, unlike "X".

We get it. He's the Gwyneth Paltrow of the sport.

But I'm a dick.

Yeah but I have less of a problem with somebody like you saying it like that than I do people trying to legitimately tear the guy down or something. It's sports. There's plenty of guys I don't like either just because. I like Spieth just because I like him. I also enjoy the humility because of how rare it is. At the same time I used to love Terrell Owens because he was such a hot dog. I'm fine with somebody that has your take it on it as long as they're able to admit that they don't like him just because they don't want to like him. It's another thing when you try and start acting like the kid has actually done something wrong or is probably secretly a dick or something.

Yeah but I have less of a problem with somebody like you saying it like that than I do people trying to legitimately tear the guy down or something. It's sports. There's plenty of guys I don't like either just because. I like Spieth just because I like him. I also enjoy the humility because of how rare it is. At the same time I used to love Terrell Owens because he was such a hot dog. I'm fine with somebody that has your take it on it as long as they're able to admit that they don't like him just because they don't want to like him. It's another thing when you try and start acting like the kid has actually done something wrong or is probably secretly a dick or something.

I've heard that Jordan Spieth killed five hookers. ;-)

Riley

The only thing I don't get is people who complain that he's getting so much attention and everything revolves around him. Well, the guy is on the verge of getting maybe his third major of the year and was a 7-footer away from likely being in position today to win a calendar Grand Slam, a feat that most of us feel would never happen in our lifetime. Whatever praise he's getting by the media and the fans, he's kind of earned it, not so much with his humility, but more with play. I don't know if we'll ever see a player come this close again to winning a calendar grand slam. I never thought anyone would get this close. Maybe Tiger, but that's surely long gone now.

The only thing I don't get is people who complain that he's getting so much attention and everything revolves around him. Well, the guy is on the verge of getting maybe his third major of the year and was a 7-footer away from likely being in position today to win a calendar Grand Slam, a feat that most of us feel would never happen in our lifetime. Whatever praise he's getting by the media and the fans, he's kind of earned it, not so much with his humility, but more with play. I don't know if we'll ever see a player come this close again to winning a calendar grand slam. I never thought anyone would get this close. Maybe Tiger, but that's surely long gone now.

He deserves attention-for his golf game. I really don't need to hear about how he rescued six puppies from a burning building.

Riley

I've heard that Jordan Spieth killed five hookers.

But they were really mean zombie hookers...

My beef in general is the amount of time they have to discus the "health" of the game. It's a constant "thumb your nose" at some unknown entity.... They ask everyone involved in golf the same gd question while Jordan is playing like a God so the guy can say how great the state of the game is. We can f'n see that there is a ton of talent right now so lets move on.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's called humility. It's so rare in this "it's all about me" showboating society that when people truly are humble others have a hard time understanding it.

[quote name="united" url="/t/83371/2015-pga-championship-at-whistling-straits-discussion-thread/570#post_1185444"] That's what you took out of my initial comment? Moving on.... [/quote] ???? [quote name="RJH999" url="/t/83371/2015-pga-championship-at-whistling-straits-discussion-thread/570#post_1185447"] I've heard that Jordan Spieth killed five hookers. ;-)[/quote] Him and Craig James both lol

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

It's called humility. It's so rare in this "it's all about me" showboating society that when people truly are humble others have a hard time understanding it. The people who say he's fake have absolutely no basis for their statements. They're just not used to seeing someone who is so good, with so much talent, actually act the right way. The anti Richard Sherman, and IMO, exactly what I wish every athlete/person were like. He stands out for all the right reasons. To think he's only 22. Kid is incredible.

And yeah, Richard Sherman is a huge dick, I hate the Seahawks. But that's not true, he doesn't act like it's a one man team. On the "not being raised right part", Richard Sherman had to work his ass off to get into Stanford and he's an incredibly smart guy. Not being born with a silver spoon in your mouth doesn't mean he was not "raised right".

Jordan Spieth went to Catholic School and graduated from a prep school and has probably been a wonderkid in golf ever since his talents were recognized as a kid.

Richard Sherman is from Compton and wasn't regarded as an extremely exceptional talent coming out of high school or college (drafted in the 5th round with the 154th overall pick).

As such, I'd imagine Sherman has a chip on his shoulder whereas Spieth probably has never faced a situation where people in important positions in his golf life didn't fully appreciate his talents.  They come from very different worlds and, as such, they're likely to act differently, but, in my opinion, that doesn't mean that Sherman doesn't act the right way or that he doesn't stand out for all the right reasons.

• Upvote 3

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Changing the subject: I saw a dude wearing Rory's shirt on Friday at a volleyball tournament. I commented to my ex that it was the ugliest shirt I'd ever seen, she agreed. Had no idea it was a "Rory shirt", guy must have gotten it at some early PGA Nike day sale somewhere. Doesn't look near as bad on Rors but up close, it's fkd.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I think I've posted this somewhere before but before he won two major's this year, before he finished second in the Masters last year, before he won the his first tournament in 2013, TGC and the announcers were sweating him really hard.  It's like, how how many times do I have to hear how old he is or how he's golf's savior?  So, like @RJH999 , it's made me not want to root for him.

His results this year are amazing and, as such, he's going to get a bunch of media attention and it's merited but I really don't need to see them go goo goo gah gah over him.

• Upvote 2

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I think I've posted this somewhere before but before he won two major's this year, before he finished second in the Masters last year, before he won the his first tournament in 2013, TGC and the announcers were sweating him really hard.  It's like, how how many times do I have to hear how old he is or how he's golf's savior?  So, like @RJH999 , it's made me not want to root for him.  His results this year are amazing and, as such, he's going to get a bunch of media attention and it's merited but I really don't need to see them go goo goo gah gah over him.

Yeah it's one of those things like Tiger where you hate to hear him shoved down our throats every 5 seconds, but at the same time, you realize it's the media doing it, not the person, and he's kinda earned the praise given all he's accomplished this year. If he wins today, it will be the best year in the history of major championships. I also think a lot of it has to do with them trying to keep the interest in the game going with Tiger all but finished. Doninance attracts people to the TV, and so do rivalries, and they're trying to build on that and the way to do it is gloating about him on stop. Once again, though, that's the media, not the person.

Whoever said Richard Sherman is a selfish prick has absolutely no idea what he is talking about and apparently likes to judge others without knowing the whole story. Sherman is a great person. Must be nice to sit back and judge someone because he doesn't say what you want him to say, yet disregard his actions as a human being born into one of the worst situations you could be born into in the U.S.
  • Upvote 2

not to interrupt... plus i've already been told that i'm irrational for not caring for jordan, so i gave up on that already... ;-) but since i'm out watching real birdies in a swamp, instead of birdies on tv.... and i can't get a good enough cell signal to stream... :-( how is the course playing? windy? is there a low number out there today, or will it be a matter of hanging on? any guesses as to final number?

Whoever said Richard Sherman is a selfish prick has absolutely no idea what he is talking about and apparently likes to judge others without knowing the whole story. Sherman is a great person. Must be nice to sit back and judge someone because he doesn't say what you want him to say, yet disregard his actions as a human being born into one of the worst situations you could be born into in the U.S.

Agreed, even as a Niners fan who hates him(On the field, at least.) :-P

Riley

So no doubt 20-under is in play and the PGA doesn't care about how easy this course will play. I mean you've four par-5s, all reachable, and today you've got 3 par-4s that are reachable. Still got soft greens, rough is only bad if you get unlucky, but most places you're lucky. We may see history today if someone gets hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper View Post

Spieth and Grace played together on Sunday. They were tied for the lead going into the 16th, but Grace blocked his tee shot out-of-bounds and carded a 6; Spieth went on to birdie the hole. I see no revisionist history in my original comment.

I know what he did on 16. I watched it just like you.

You wrote:

Quote:
Branden Grace was a bad tee shot away from winning the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay.

OK, so you think he would have won the US Open if he didn't double bogey 16. These are your words, not mine. Whatever you want to think, but I think you are wrong.

If JS wouldn't have double bogeyed 17 Grace would not have won. If DJ doesn't flame out Grace wouldn't have won. The lowest 72 hole score wins. IF my dog had a square ass he would shyt bricks. We can play this all day long.

Agreed, even as a Niners fan who hates him(On the field, at least.) :-P

Ha! I knew there was something about you lol. Some feeling of mortal enemy. ;)

Note: This thread is 3179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!