IGNORED

2015 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits Discussion Thread

RiddleMeThis
Note: This thread is 3179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So no doubt 20-under is in play and the PGA doesn't care about how easy this course will play. I mean you've four par-5s, all reachable, and today you've got 3 par-4s that are reachable. We may see history today if someone gets hot.

I quite like that they're still happy to make it scoreable rather than trick the course up. If it starts blowing hard later then it's more of a challenge, but good to see that they don't mind someone winning by going low.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Utterly ridiculous drive from Bubba as well... 398 yards and through the green

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

So no doubt 20-under is in play and the PGA doesn't care about how easy this course will play. I mean you've four par-5s, all reachable, and today you've got 3 par-4s that are reachable. Still got soft greens, rough is only bad if you get unlucky, but most places you're lucky. We may see history today if someone gets hot.

I understood your par 5 reachable comment, but what do you mean by 3 par 4s are reachable? Aren't par 4s always reachable in 2? Edit: Ok, I take it back if bubba is getting it past the green on the drive

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I understood your par 5 reachable comment, but what do you mean by 3 par 4s are reachable? Aren't par 4s always reachable in 2?

I assume he means driveable

Originally Posted by Runner

My god DJ

Poor guy, but he loses his head worryingly easily

My god DJ

Seriously.

I forget who posted it after his round on Day 1 but I guess they were right when they said even though Dustin's was off to a fast start that he wasn't going to win..

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Seriously. I forget who posted it after his round on Day 1 but I guess they were right when they said even though Dustin's was off to a fast start that he wasn't going to win.

I think everyone said this

Riley

Haha, well, I guess then others would agree with me that he just doesn't seem to be a mentally strong player

Like so: [quote name="Yukari" url="/t/83371/2015-pga-championship-at-whistling-straits-discussion-thread/160_40#post_1183968"]I wonder if DJ can put it all together this week? So far so good.  But then again he was good until the Sunday/Weekends at U.S. Open and the Open. [/quote][quote name="RJH999" url="/t/83371/2015-pga-championship-at-whistling-straits-discussion-thread/160_40#post_1183969"] No, probably not.[/quote][quote name="RJH999" url="/t/83371/2015-pga-championship-at-whistling-straits-discussion-thread/160_40#post_1184076"] -Tiger played like dogshit. -DJ jumps out to a lead that he will inevitably blow. -Mark Brooks shot 107. -The Mechanic bogeyed his first four holes. -Danny Lee shot 68. -Rory, Spieth playing just so-so. -John Daly outplayed Tiger. -Tiger played like dogshit.[/quote] :-P

Riley

Like so:

-Tiger played like dogshit.

-DJ jumps out to a lead that he will inevitably blow.

-Mark Brooks shot 107.

-The Mechanic bogeyed his first four holes.

-Danny Lee shot 68.

-Rory, Spieth playing just so-so.

-John Daly outplayed Tiger.

-Tiger played like dogshit.

Did Tiger not play very well?

:whistle:

Yo that has gotta hurt DJ hard. I mean snowman on number 1? WTF you are hot trash on Sundays.

And LOL Bubba is not human.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

I think I've posted this somewhere before but before he won two major's this year, before he finished second in the Masters last year, before he won the his first tournament in 2013, TGC and the announcers were sweating him really hard.  It's like, how how many times do I have to hear how old he is or how he's golf's savior?  So, like @RJH999, it's made me not want to root for him.

His results this year are amazing and, as such, he's going to get a bunch of media attention and it's merited but I really don't need to see them go goo goo gah gah over him.

Did you guys watch golf before Tiger cheated on his wife?  Every minute was about Tiger and how great he was, even when he wasn't playing in the tournament.  .

Joe Paradiso

Did you guys watch golf before Tiger cheated on his wife?  Every minute was about Tiger and how great he was, even when he wasn't playing in the tournament.  .

No, I was like 11 when he cheated on his wife.

Riley

Bubba geometry.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!