IGNORED

What's the Farthest You've Hooked or Sliced a Ball?

Bryan Kasper
Note: This thread is 3202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@Lihu I don't think you understood the thread. How far offline have you ever hit a ball. Me, into the far rough one fairway over. Probably 175 yards offline.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a tendency to come over the top and probably around once or twice a round I hit a 40-80 yard slice but there is a course I play that from the tips is 440 yards but its a legit dog right so hard but you can take it over the trees so I aim at the last tree on the right and swing as hard as I can and usually I hit a pretty big slice over 100+ yards and it works out on the hole

@Lihu I don't think you understood the thread. How far offline have you ever hit a ball. Me, into the far rough one fairway over. Probably 175 yards offline.

Right, thanks. . .120+ yard hook. A witness explained to me that the ball I was using was afraid of the water on the left.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Last fall, during the high school golf season, I played a 45 yard hook off the tee all season. The worst was when I snap hooked it two fairways over during the state tournament though, so I'd estimate that at about 100 yards offline or so.

I'm not sure this really counts, but on hole eight at my home course (a par 3) there is a steep hill about five to ten yards from the left of the green.  On the hill is the cart path that eventually leads to the 9th tee box.  One round I hit a slight hook that landed right on the cart path.  Seeing as the cart path is only 10 yards from the edge of the green it didn't seem like that bad of a hit.  However, due to the spin on the ball and the angle of the cart path the ball shot straight left after impacting the path and proceeded to roll all the way down the hill onto the fairway of hole ten.  The end results was me being just past pin high and about 100-120 yards left of the green.

I don't know, but I may have you all beat.  The very first time I picked up a driver and hit the ball, it sliced so bad I almost shot a 1 for the course.  That's right, it landed on the 18th green!!

I hooked a driver across the adjacent hole and out of bounds. That ball was at least 80 yards off line.

Note: This thread is 3202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!