IGNORED

The "Stop Conning Yourself" Thread

iacas

55 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Gotta love an optimist who sees the 18 holes as half full, not half empty.

Yeah, he's great for that. Very recently, after I got upset with a bad shot, he turns to me and says, "You putt like Brad Faxon, so you can't expect expect to strike it like Nick Price" (he's in his forties, so these are his reference points from watching golf growing up, lol).

6 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:
6 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Sheesh... you'd have a 2 handicap if you didn't have those multiple shanks.  Doctor, heal thyself.  Have you ever thought about hybrids, not irons (with those damn hosels)?  Do they make a hybrid gap wedge???  And Vinsk, have you ever shanked a putt... this I gotta hear..

Lol. Yeah well I’ve succumbed to just living with them. I’d rather quit than use all hybrids. Just can’t do it. If I have to hit a long putt…like 50+ feet….yeah, yeah I’m Sure I could shank a putt. 

Imagine if someone completely covered your club head with lead tape into a ball. Then took all the markings off the grip. Then at the top of your back swing the lead tape comes off and you’re expected to hit the ball squarely. That’s how much feel I have for the club head. Be it a short chip or a full swing. Zero natural talent. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • This exactly. The big jump I mentioned over that 7 year period did include Tiger's entrance, and a prime Daly, but they weren't a big enough sample to move the average. The average move happened because people were starting to see how big of an advantage distance could be so they put more time and work in, and because of improvement in equipment. It hasn't moved much in the last 15 years because many people are just trying to keep up (working out and focusing on trajectory and spin rates) with the top of the pack. It's pretty tough to hit it 300 yards and keep it in play, and that's why I think that gains have trickled off. We still see small gains because more of a percentage of the tour has distance as a goal, and guys like Fitz and ZJ are becoming more rare. Those two come to mind as guys who admit to just being shorter, accepting it, and improving other parts of their game.
    • You seriously think Bryson was the first PGA Tour pro who started working on being more fit and gaining speed from that? Have you been watching the Tour for the last 40 years?
    • Looked at the X3 page, the X3 uses the fusion technology, so guessing some of the features on the X3 are going to be on the M+? If I had more time, I'd cross out the M+ data points and just guess from which ones are left over. Or maybe it's more accuracy? Or maybe chipping/pitching related.  
    • Don't even know how to describe it, but I open up to play a flighted wedge that will hop and stop. just let the hips and legs provide all the power, with the hands simply hinging and unhinging, naturally to a low follow through.. Most wedge shots I will play with a square face to simplify alignment, and I will change my 54 degree (my workhorse wedge) from a 10 degree bounce RTX to a 14 degree Vokey when facing very soft conditions or a very lush course. I will intentionally put draw spin on a wedge into a good wind,  or when the pin is well left and I want to get a good bounce and a bit of run upon landing  or on a shelf I don't want to fly to then suck the ball back onto the lower level.
    • Deja vu This was exactly what you told me last week, right down to the sword fight.  It will be a good refresher. Thx
  • Today's Birthdays

1. 45Fan
      45Fan
      (53 years old)
    2. boxofballs
      boxofballs
      (47 years old)
    3. CaptainsChoice
      CaptainsChoice
      (35 years old)
    4. dagolfer18
      dagolfer18
      (18 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...