IGNORED

poll question

flash
Note: This thread is 6001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played the Precepts built by Bridgestone for years (mostly the spin ball).
Switched to the Bridgestones when they came out with the E5 and E6.
Compared the E5 to the B330 - no comparison - B330 all the way.
The E6 is a good ball too. I usually have a sleeve onhand at any given time. It spins enough to check which is predictable and that's ok with me.

I spin the B330 just fine, it's big off the tee, and soft on iron approaches, and I putt well with it but the best ball for me is the B330-S. I get the best of all worlds.

Distance - It's probably 3-5 yards shorter on full iron shots but can't even tell if there's a drop off between the B330 with the driver like it says on the box. I need to test that ball on the LM to see what's happening with driver spin. I unloaded on a 319 yard drive on Saturday on a flat par 5 into a very slight cross-breeze. Maybe the B330 would have given me 330+ yards, but it's really not necessary. (Disclaimer: I don't typically try to hit them that far...I was pumped after just closing out my opponent in a match play round).

Spin - It's not excessive but you have to play for it if you have the swing speed.

Feel - Adequate softness for the short game and putting. I don't like a golf ball that's too soft because they seem a little heavier and dead feeling. I like a little click for feedback.

Anyway...my .02

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Is that swing speed with a driver? Or irons?

Its crazy how many golf balls fly under the radar. NXT tours, Bridgestone e6's are great but dont produce the spin alot of better players want. I'll typically put a ball like that in play during the winter months. That Hogan Hawk ball is crazy good. I found its distance and spin comparable with most of the bigger name balls out now. whats the best ball in the game right now? All i know is i hate how the prov1 feels off the club face especially when its cold. It feels like im hitting a circular anvil. I find the HXtour and new TM balls to feel alot softer at impact. Clearly its the most widely used ball amongst tour players so technically you would have to say its the best ball around. Just not for me.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...

I don't notice much performance difference or feel difference between ProV1's and Hex Tours and I use both. Maybe if I was better I'd notice more difference???

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

I like the prov1, but I played the MC lady, Callaway HX tour also.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I think it is by far the Pro V1. They feel a lot better than any other ball for me. I won't shell out the money for the brand new ones, but I'll buy the recycled ones. It's always nice to get them free when you find them in the pond or under some think grass.

Driver Tour Burner 9.5*
3 Wood Burner High Launch 14.5*
Hyrbid Burner Tour Launch 20*
Irons: R7 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 50* 56* Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2Backup: 2-ball XG Center ShaftBall: Pro V1xAge: 16

I do like the feel of the Nike One's..They just feel good off my club face everytime, no matter how shitly i hit the ball. I also dont mind the Nike Powerflight which is what i play with. I suppose once i start to hit the ball well consistently, forgiveness wont come into play. And the balls i buy will actually begin to affect my game. Atm, my equipment is better than my golf

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

Home Course: Gawler Golf Club
Glove: Nike Tech Feel
Balls: Nike Power Flight

To be honest, their is no 'best' ball, if everyone swung the golf club in exactly the same way at exactly the same speed with exactly the same launch conditions, and one ball was head and shoulders above the rest, that would be the 'best' ball, but as golf is every one is different, no one has the same swing, speed, launch conditions and therefore its impossible to announce the best ball.

For all those jumping on the band wagon saying the Pro-v1 is the best ball because all the tour players are using it, just think of how much money each tour pro is getting payed to use them.

In a recent golf ball test in either Today's Golfer/Golf Monthly (Can't remember which) Titleist had refused to let their ball range be tested on the grounds that the pro testing the balls might not have the ideal swing/launch conditions for the particular golf ball and therefore would provide unfair, inaccurate and derogatory results regarding the particular golf ball, this in itself proves there is no one ideal ball, and that the perfect ball is in the eye of the beholder.

JaY_B

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I would have to say the Prov1/x line of balls, but most premiums are following very closely, just not as well advertised and marketed.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Of course the ProV1 is great and they still sell at $45/dozen because they are that good. The HX tours are $40 a dozen here, so it's not like you are saving that much money. I like the HX tour except that I chew it up too bad. I just picked up a dozen TaylorMade TP Reds yesterday as Dick's Sporting Goods has them for $30 on clearance right. I like it A LOT. Very durable. Spins great. Feels good on the driver and putter. I am gonna try to go back and get a couple of more dozen Reds before they sell out. I don't know how the Black's play, but reading the box, it seems that they would compare to the NXT tour or E6 or something like that.

in your opinion what do you think is the best golf ball on the market today?

TaylorMade TP Red or Black, overall. I'll hit a Pro V1x if it's just for one round or two, but I chew them up pretty quickly and it'll get expensive fast. Spin's not a really big issue for me (I can spin almost anything, except perhaps a nasty range ball), it's durability. I played 36 holes with the same TP Red once, and it didn't have a single major scuff on it, was long enough, and bit pretty well around the greens.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I think that the best ball is the Titleist Pro V1. I have tried other balls such as the Callaway HX tour and HX Tour 56 and although they perform well they scuff too easily. I have also used the Srixon Z-UR but I could not get enough spin out of it.

In the bag:

driver Big Ben CS3 9.5º
3-wood 906F4 15.5º
hybrid rescue mid 19ºirons: MP-60 3-PWwedges vokey spin-milled 54º and 60ºputter tracy IIball Pro V1

Note: This thread is 6001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!