IGNORED

Bridgestone E5 Golf Ball

Note: This thread is 6030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking to get some feedback from anyone who has used this ball.
It was recommended to me from someone at my local golf shop when I was buying some new clubs. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
IN THE BAG
DRIVER 460 Super Quad 9.5 Degree, RE*AX Stiff Shaft
3 WOOD R7 Steel 15 Degree, RE*AX Stiff Shaft
IRONS R7 Steel Shaft
Wedge CG 10 Black Pearl 56 degreePutter Black Series #2 Blade 33" Ball BLACK

I think the E5 is a two piece ball with a urethane cover for spin with the wedges and feel off a putter. The E6 is a three piece but with surlyn cover. The best way is to try it for yourself. I got a dozen each during the summer. Liked the E6 better.
E5 is marketed as a higher flying ball. E6 as a ball with better directional stability. You be the judge!

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

I am looking to get some feedback from anyone who has used this ball.

I don't know about the e5, but I just switched to the e6. My first round with it, I hit 5 GIR - beating my personal previous best by two. I've got about the same handicap that you do, and my scores will drop once I stop making the mental game mistake of being giddy about a GIR

Anyway, I hope this helps somehow.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well I just picked up a box so I'll try them out Friday We shall see.
IN THE BAG
IRONS R7 Steel Shaft

Have been switching between the B330 and Nike One Black (new and old version). But recently picked up a box each of the e5 and e6 to try them out. Was going through a stretch where I wasn't playing well and just thought I'd try something new. I haven't noticed that much difference yet between the e5 and e6, but noticed that I have to play a little more roll with pitch and chip shots. Haven't noticed much difference with the putter but both the e5 and e6 seem more durable than the B330 and One Black (as expected). Have 3 sleeves left of each and will see after they are all used up what I'll go with.

FT-i 9.5* Speeder 686 Stiff
906F2 15* UST Proforce V2 75 Stiff
3DX Ironwood 17* & 20* UST Proforce V2 Stiff
MX-20 4-PW Dynamic Gold Lite S300
Vokey Oil Can 52* & 56*Yes Tiffany 34"

i play mostly with the B330-S. i tried out the e5 earlier in the year. i agree the e5 is definitely a more durable ball but i wasn't a huge fan of the e5. one of the guys i play with is a 22 handicap and he hits the e6 and really likes it.
what's in the bag

Driver: looking for a new one

3 wood: Hibore 15 degreeHybrid: Halo 2 ironIrons: 704 CB 3-PWWedges: CG 10 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot XG Marxman MalletBall: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

i know the e6 is geared more for players with a slice or hook. I really don't have that problem (knock on wood). Im going to try the e5 today. Ill report my findings.
IN THE BAG
IRONS R7 Steel Shaft

i know the e6 is geared more for players with a slice or hook. I really don't have that problem (knock on wood). Im going to try the e5 today. Ill report my findings.

I hit the ball pretty high as it is, so I was more interested in the e6 at first. I do hook and slice the ball at times, but haven't really noticed any difference in that aspect between the B330. Still in the process of trying both the e5 and e6 to give them time. But FWIW, I seem to hit the e6 just as high as the e5. Have played with the e6 more so far so will need more time to evaluate the e5. Am interested to see if there is any noticable difference around the greens.

Good luck with the e5 and I will be sure to post back regarding the e5 and e6.

FT-i 9.5* Speeder 686 Stiff
906F2 15* UST Proforce V2 75 Stiff
3DX Ironwood 17* & 20* UST Proforce V2 Stiff
MX-20 4-PW Dynamic Gold Lite S300
Vokey Oil Can 52* & 56*Yes Tiffany 34"

well I played a round yesterday with the e5 and I can say I don't have any problem getting the ball in the air. When hitting off the tee box, I think they might be getting a little too high because I didn't notice them rolling to far. The course was also a little wet since its been raining here lately.
Im going out again tomorrow and Ill give them another try. All in all, I like the feel off the tee box and greens
IN THE BAG
IRONS R7 Steel Shaft

I switched to the E6 after playing with the ProV1 & X. I got way too much spin off the short irons and wedges with the Titleist balls. I haven't tried the E5 yet, but I really like the E6.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I find the e5 to be pretty similar to the NXT Tour. To me, the e5 feels a bit softer off the putter and has a higher trajectory - especially with the driver.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

I find the e5 to be pretty similar to the NXT Tour. To me, the e5 feels a bit softer off the putter and has a higher trajectory - especially with the driver.

As long as it doesn't have a much higher trajectory off the putter...

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have played the E-5 all summer. It suits my game. I don't hit the ball real high but if you do probably not a good choice. I hit the ball short and straight, but I didn't feel I lost much distance with it, a little more carry and a little less roll than Surlyn. I feel the E-5 is more workable and easier to control chipping and pitching than the NXT.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Well I have a 9.5 degree driver and I have no problems getting the ball in the air. I even think I'm getting it to high off the tee box at times. I noticed this past weekend that the ball didn't appear to roll like I'm used to. It dosen't help that this weekend was the first time playing with my new driver. I'm going to finish the rest of the box and maybe give the e6 a try, but I don't have a slice problem. So I dont know.
IN THE BAG
IRONS R7 Steel Shaft

Note: This thread is 6030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!