IGNORED

Finally went to a demo day. CG golds are coming soon

Note: This thread is 6037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

To my suprise last night there was a demo day at the range. I hit a bunch of irons in my price range and was extremely impressed with the CG Golds. The cleveland rep kept trying to push the high bores on me with my high handicap, but the CG's were much easier for me to hit.

I'm wondering if anyone here play's these clubs and has anything good or bad to say about them. Thanks in advance.

Flux
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

hey i'm from your neck of the woods.. maan i walked in Edwin Watts in BR at 6pm last night and they told me there was a demo going on down the road that ended at 7.. i didn't have time to make it but i'm glad some people went out.. oh, and don't forget there's a big sidewalk sale Saturday & Sunday there so don't miss it..

as far as the irons, i haven't heard much either way about them yet.. but if you felt comfortable with them, i wouldn't hesitate to get em..

in the Ogio Grom stand bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9°
Wood: Taylormade V Steel 15°
Hybrid: Callaway x series 24°
Irons: Taylormade r7 4-SWWedge: Mizuno MP T 58° Putter: Taylormade Rossa Modena 8Ball: TopFlite D2 Feel & recycled Titleist Pro V1x's

Thanks for the heads up on the sidewalk sale, are they clearing out inventory for new models or something?
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

yeah, probably all the older drivers/wedges/irons sets. i'll be looking for a driver

in the Ogio Grom stand bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9°
Wood: Taylormade V Steel 15°
Hybrid: Callaway x series 24°
Irons: Taylormade r7 4-SWWedge: Mizuno MP T 58° Putter: Taylormade Rossa Modena 8Ball: TopFlite D2 Feel & recycled Titleist Pro V1x's

I went through 15+ demo irons this summer and ended up with the CG Golds. I love them. They added about 10 yards to my shots. I was using an old knock-off set. Anyway, I think you'll like them. What set did you buy? I bought 5 - DW.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

To my suprise last night there was a demo day at the range. I hit a bunch of irons in my price range and was extremely impressed with the CG Golds. The cleveland rep kept trying to push the high bores on me with my high handicap, but the CG's were much easier for me to hit.

Haven't heard much about the Golds, but there's a lot of people raving about the Reds... Same technology, so I'd say you'd be alright with them. It's a big step up from the CMM garbage they were selling last year.

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

In Erie there is a week in late winter or very early spring where all the major brands come up to our indoor range. and they stay all day and you hit balls all day with their clus for free

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

In Erie there is a week in late winter or very early spring where all the major brands come up to our indoor range. and they stay all day and you hit balls all day with their clus for free

Its this type of thing that makes me wish I lived in America. I have never been to a demo day because I have never heard of one anywhere about here(without having tio leave the country to get to it, of course)!!!!

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Thanks for the reviews guys. I haven't ordered them yet, I'm waiting to sell my ATV first...so if anyone is looking for a drag racing ATV let me know, lol. I think I want to get the 4-DW to close the gap between the PW and my SW. I'm about to look up the lofts on them to see if thats what i need to do. Thanks again.

In the bag:

my D wedge was one of the best investments i made this year. i have a feeling you will probabaly need it more often than you think. teh CG irons look real nice and i have read great reviews everywhere else, should be a nice set of sticks for ya. as you can see form my sig, im a cleveland kind of guy.

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

Note: This thread is 6037 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!