IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

• Administrator
74 at Lake View from the blue tees. Missed a lot of makeable birdie putts, but my putting was pretty good. Struck the ball really well.

Yesterday and all week has been horrible. Then, on the range, I realize my shaft is leaning back and my hands are just behind my zipper. I move them forward two inches to just in front of my zipper and BLAMMO! My little cut returns, solid contact returns, my extra distance returns. No more fat shots.

I fixed that flaw earlier this year, too. Duh.

Here's my round .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I finally broke the 90's with an 87 yesterday.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

Gotta post the bad scores too...

Went back for some redemption last night. This time a 46. Still not great, but better. 1 birdie, 1 par, 4 bogeys, 1 double, 2 triples. 4 FW, 2 GIR, 17 putts.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Shot a 35 for 9 holes on a par 32 course. My best round ever.. had my 2nd birdy in 2 days [2nd ever, too]. My last 5 holes I was shooting par :)

I think thats pretty good for about 3 or 4 months, isn't it?

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

Shot an 88 today. First round with my new x460 Tour. I was within 20 yards on two par 4s. Sunk a downhill 10 footer for birdie on the hardest par 4 on the course. First birdie ever (for this particular hole) on one of the par 3s.

Overall good day.... any day spent out on the course is a good day in my book.

Cheers gents,
Chase

42 at bluemash golf course, hit the ball pretty poorly but putted ok (one 3 putt). Not exactly a round for the ages lol

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

Played 2 different 9 hole courses today, shot a 48 on The Pines course at Christmas mountain. Slope is 128 from the gold tee's which I played & that's the best I have done at that high of a slope rating. Lot of uphill shots made for a very challenging 9. Even their driving range is uphill, it's on 1 of the ski hills, hit a bucket on that before I played.

The I played an easy 9 at Fairfield hills, it's a nice little par 30 course that isn't tough but it's fun. Managed a 38 which I am semi ok with, had 2 too many chips but overall my short game today on both courses was vastly improved over what I have had the last few outings.

Lastly I hit another bucket of balls after that final rd, not sure I should have done that as about halfway thru the bucket I was beat to heck, couldn't hardly swing my arms anymore.

Playing 18 at Chula Vistas "Cold Water Canyon" tomorrow. Front half is supposed to be our standard course cut out of the forest & the back 9 is a Scottish links style. Should be some great fun.

1 over par 73. Putted well except for 2 holes and just had HUGE lipouts. Should have been under par for sure.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Played 18 at Cold Water Canyon, par is 69 & I shot an 89.
Front half is our typical Wisconsin forest type course with some very narrow fairways, blind uphill shots, etc. I didn't play all that well & squeeked out a 49, but then came the back 9 which is styled after a Scottish links course. Par is 34 for the back 9 & I carded a decent 40. Putting was pretty good on the back with 14 total vs 17 on the front. Best part was my chipping though, only had 1 hole where I had to chip twice & that's when I get stuck in a very loose sand trap.

Overall I am pleased with the rd but still need to eliminate the doubles that I had on the front.

Matched my lowest round of the year this morning with an 86. Earlier in the year I felt like I was playing really well when I shot an 86. Today, I felt like I was having a so-so round, and was a little surprised when I added up the scores at the end of the day. I wasn't hitting my longer clubs very well (1/14 fairways, 5 GIRs) and flubbed a number of short shots, but I got up-and-down seven times for a total of 30 putts.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

I had a career day at Riverdale Dunes (blue tees - 69.8/125, 6430 yds.) on Saturday. I broke 90 (my previous best score) for the very first time with an 88 (44 out / 44 in). This is a pretty tough course as well (Pete and Perry Dye, "Scottish" (more like "prarie") links style, especially if you've never played it before. I've played it once before, but it was 3 years ago. And it was windy, not too bad on the front, but pretty much just shy of a tornado on the back.

I actually didn't play really spectacularly, just very consistent. I kept everything in play and made very few bad mistakes, at least on 16 holes. The one I did get out of play on I made a nice up-and-down to save a double bogey, and I had one other bad hole. Other than that I was solid off the tee, solid on all of my approaches, had a decent short game going and putted pretty well (2 3-putts, 6 1-putts).

4 FW, 3 GIR, 34 putts, 2 penalties. 1 birdie, 5 pars, 9 bogeys, 2 doubles, and 1 quad.

A little side bonus is that I dominated my buddy I played with. We bet straight-up stroke play for beers after the round and he hacked up a 102.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

• Administrator
Played two rounds (concurrently) today. Not exactly legal as far as the rules of golf go, but I was playing holes in the middle of an outing, so I didn't want to play too quickly and catch up to them. So, I played two balls. I didn't take the flag out or line up any putts, either - I just putted based on sight and whatnot. That probably cost me a stroke or two, but I'm not worried about it too much.

My slightly tweaked swing was slightly tweaked again. I think I was overdoing my corrections and I identified another small error. So I reigned in the over-correction (taking the club back online rather than inside or overcorrecting and going too far outside and away from my body) and fixed the small error (head would move forward slightly during the takeaway). Hit the ball reasonably well all day, particularly with the irons.

First ball got 77 , second a 76 , both (obviously) at Lake View.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bear with me here because this posts rambles a bit since I am a bit excited.

Ever have one of those days where everything just clicked? yea, me neither until today. Played my home course where the best previous score I have carded was a 43. Course isn't long coming in at only 2824 yds.
Total of 12 putts really helped, as did some really nice drives. Chipping was so-so & I had 4 too many of those.

Wind was blowing at 15 mph & helped me on a couple shots & hurt me on others. Freaky stuff was nailing my 3w straight down 247 yd 5th hole & putting it 17 yds from the center of the green....I measured it out to be sure. 2 holes later I used 4 iron & with the breeze at my back the ball finally stopped...after about 20 yds of roll 250 yds from the tee. That's 230 yds with a damn 4 iron??? I don't think I have ever hit an iron shot that felt so crisp & dead on. Best previous distance with that club is somewhere in the 190 range. Finally last hole is a short par 5 at 460 yds, I blasted my driver shot into a slight headwind & 245 yds later the ball finally landed. Sure some folks will scoff at 245 but I am happy with it.

This was my hole by hole breakdown
+1
par
+1
par
birdie
par
par
+1
+1

Got my best nine holes ever, today. 37.

I didnt have time for 18 cuz I started at 4 oclock, not enough daylight. Played about 14-15 holes, and was like +1 on the back so...def a good day on the links.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

district tourney @ south riding golf course (northern va)
my chipping murdered me. it honestly cost me around 10 strokes. it's sort of depressing because that's been my strength the past 1-2 months.. however my driving was pretty awesome. almost dead straight everytime. I missed maybe 3 fairways with driver. and those were still playable. downside was they were quite short. barely pushing 220. figured it out on the range after though. wasn't turning back enough so i had quite an abbreviated backswing. but yeah. 8 over front, 9 over back, 17 over total (44+45=89)

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

played my best golf ever, ironically with a stranger whom i reluctantly joined at the back 9. 'reluctantly' because i was behind him at the front 9, saw how fast he played, and didn't want to slow him down.

somehow, talking with him and seeing the way he swings helped me, thus scoring a 47 after a 55. best score ever was a 98, but i didn't hit the ball as well then.

driver has been crappy the last 5 months, and was still crappy. got some advice from the stranger to try out stiff/regular shaft drivers the next time i head out.

hopefully, i will be able to continue hitting the balls as cleanly.

Taylormade R5XL Plus - Regular
Nike CPR 3 22'
Callaway X-14 Pro Rifle Stiff
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56'
Mizuno Bettinardi

45/38 for an 83, yesterday afternoon. what a weird day. it could've been a lot better, but i had several tee shots on the front nine that didn't hardly make it 100 yards, so i was really stretching to make bogeys...then there were the snap hooks.

of course, i'm very pleased that i hung in there and pulled out a great finish to the round. however, one big difference in the back and the front nine was that the entire front nine i was stuck behind a true duffer and had to wait for him on every shot...and the guy was by himself in a cart. took 2 1/2 hrs. the back nine, i got in front of him at the turn and finished in a little over an hour---walking. i found the result quite interesting.

i wonder how much better i would play if we had REAL marshals/rangers at the golf courses over here. it makes me wonder, what are those guys getting paid for? they have virtually no authority at the courses i play, nor do they really seem to care. we've got all these old crotchety gamblers who take their time like they're playing for the US Open...

just the other night, the head greens keeper was driving the cart around, pulling the pins b/c the sun was setting. i was on hole 16 at the asheville muni. these guys in front of us, knowing full and well we had been waiting on every shot, continued to take 10 to 15 minutes on the last two greens, leaving us standing on the 18th tee box in the dark.

it's fortunate they were gone when i got to the parking lot. oh well, just venting...but like i said, after experiencing a nine holes like i did yesterday, where i could play at my own pace, it makes me think that golf is meant to be played much faster than it is over here in America.

My (current) Sticks:

Callaway X Hot 3 Wood
MacTech NVG2 Mids 4-GW
Cleveland DSG RTG+ 56*/60*Ping G5i Craz-E PutterK. I. S. S.

48 on the back of Willows. Error must always go somewhere. Today it was the putter. No speed control whatsoever, although my iron play was the best it's been all summer.

4/7 fairways, 5/9 greens, (24 putts).
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...