and a 51 on the back = a smooth 100

not a gr8 round for most of yall but for only playin a few months
i am very happy

driver & woods
fatshaft II irons
588 wedges
putter
tour ix ball gps

On Monday I shot a 72 (par 71), 39+33, at Elkins Ranch in Filmore, CA. I had a double bogey and hit a ball in the water on the front. On the back birdied the last three holes, one with a three iron to a par 4. Really should've been under par at a course that easy. On Wednesday shot 76 (par 70) at a sub 6,000 yd course (should be like 3 under there). Hooked all my irons on the par 3s, dble bogeyed 8&9, and hit only 8 greens. Tomorrow I play a 7,000 yd par 72.

Yesterday afternoon was the most beautiful day; perfect for golf! I teed off at 3:00p.m., ready for a great round. BUT, I couldn't hit a fairway to save my life. In fact, I hit just one. I recorded a 91, and it could have been about 4 strokes better if 4 putts under 4 feet had fallen as they were supposed to. I scambled and I struggled. If I can get my drive back and make a few more putts: low 80s, here I come!

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Played 36 today for a total of -4.

Shot -5 on the first round, which was bogey free until the 15th. I did go on to finish strong. Birdied the last three holes.

The second round was a bit shakey to begin. Was +4 on the front. Managed to rattle off two quick birdies on 10 and 11, picked up another on the hole that killed me in the morning round (the 15th).

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

On Monday I shot a 72 (par 71), 39+33, at Elkins Ranch in Filmore, CA. I had a double bogey and hit a ball in the water on the front. On the back birdied the last three holes, one with a three iron to a par 4. Really should've been under par at a course that easy. On Wednesday shot 76 (par 70) at a sub 6,000 yd course (should be like 3 under there). Hooked all my irons on the par 3s, dble bogeyed 8&9, and hit only 8 greens. Tomorrow I play a 7,000 yd par 72.

Did you have one of the hamburgers there? From what I hear they are the best burger anywhere? BTW, nice shooting!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Hamburgers? Na, I had egg salad at the turn. I'll try 'em next time. But yeah, I consider that a pretty good round. Lots of boring pars, and a couple 70-foot two putts. On one of the par 5s there was water 245 from the tee. Hit my three iron right in there, (it was down hill down wind, stupid play really) but made par anyway.

Today though, played Brookside course 1 and shot 79 (par 72, 38+41). Had 5 bogeys, 3 doubles, and 4 birdies. Should've been 5, though. On fifteen (a par 5) I hit a crappy drive to the right, had about 270 to go, hit a perfect driver off the deck, had to cut it around a tree in order to get to the green, and I executed it perfectly. It was one of the best shots of my life because I've never been able to hit driver from the fairway, let alone hit a fade from the rough. So a few seconds after I hit, I hear a dink, and the stupid ball hit the cart> sign fifty yards short of the green and just stopped! I knew it hit it because there was green paint on my ball. And I knew at least would have been chipping for eagle, but whatever. Got a stupid par on the hole and had to birdie the next hole to break 80, and I did. (8 greens, 11 fairways, 27 putts, many hooks, one shank, two chunks). Next time I'll try a fade on every tee shot and every mid-long iron approach just to see what happens.

You know, I think it was Ben Hogan who said that amateur hacks like me should be really excited about golf because there's sooooooo much room for improvement. So I guess I should be excited about playing so crappy today.

Played 18 thursday at Baraboo CC, 1st time there & I was pleased with 46 on the front & 45 on the back for a 91 total.

Weird thing is I played at another new to me course today, Rock River Hills & had the exact same score, 46 front, 45 back.

I am happy with my progress this year, started out in the 105-110 range & have worked it down to high 80's-low 90's. Next spring I shoot for consistent mid 80's.

played at the bali club golf course nusa dua...

tee off at 3pm for a discount, but got shafted for unreasonable driving range prices...

anyway, shot 52 at the front and 49 at the back. i was really hitting my superquad and irons well, and made it to the greens many times. somehow my putting was the worst ever. i think it is a sign that i rely too much on resident caddies for putting, and today's caddie was a newb trainee so she didn't really know how to help me with the putts

looking forward to the next round, as i am stabilizing my driver and iron shots. please, let me get to the mid 90s!

Taylormade R5XL Plus - Regular
Nike CPR 3 22'
Callaway X-14 Pro Rifle Stiff
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56'
Mizuno Bettinardi

Not so good today. Two week lay-off didn't help but I couldn't buy a putt!
92, 20 over. (Doubled 7+8 and tripled 9 so that ruined the round.)
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

44 on the back nine of Fox Run (brutal course). Woods in play on all but two holes, with water in play on the other two. Drove the ball amazingly well and had the best ballstriking in a long time. I actually nailed my nemesis, a 200 yard par 3 across a ravine with woods on all sides (three-jacked for bogey from 15 feet anyway). Everything worked except the putter. got myself out of sticky situations, stuck it close, just couldn't get the flat stick to work.

I'm probably the only one dumb enough to attempt hitting a 3 wood out of the sand on a long par 5 still trying to get home in two. And pull it off. Only to end up buried under the lip of a greenside trap.

3/7 fairways, 6/9 greens, 20 putts.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator
74 at Lake View. All pars on the front nine, even though I should have had two birdies. Finally hit one so close I couldn't miss on the back nine for a birdie, which offset three bogeys.

Scorecard output .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday front nine 52 (agrrrrr!). Back nine 39 again xD. Final 91. In back nine I have the chance of score less but I miss some shots.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

75 today with a double to start the round on number 1. Then calmed down and had 5 bogies and 4 birdies with the rest pars.

It was a good score considering the course had just had fairway and greens punched and sanded 2 weeks ago. Rained all week so the fairways were a little muddy and soggy for the most part... i.e. no roll. Greens were a little choppy and long.

What's In my bag:

Driver: TaylorMade R5 Dual 9.5* UST Proforce V2 77g S
3Wood: Mizuno F-60 13.5* Mizuno Exsar 75S
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 3/4 Aldila VS Proto 80SIrons: Adams Pro Forged (5-PW) True Temper Black Gold SWedges: Cleveland 588 (3) 50, 588 (DSG) 54 & 60Putter: Ping i-Series Craz-EBalls:.....

Teed off yesterday after a 90 minute frost delay. We played the back and I started with a tripple on 10. Nothing like digging a hole right off the bat. I ended up shooting a 42 with six pars, 1 bogey and two tripples.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Shot 88 yesterday on a course on which, prior to yesterday, I'd never broken 90. 43 on the front, 45 on the back. I didn't hit my irons particularly well, but my wedge game was sharp and I putted fairly well so I was able to stop the bleeding quickly when I did hit a loose shot. I drove the ball well all day, which was likely the biggest reason I was able to score halfway decent.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

Shot 81 yesterday. Technically, it may be an 83, as I hit a ball in the water on an island green, then re-teed instead of going to the drop area behind. Second one in the water, too. Went to the drop, chipped on, two-putt. If you count the second ball in the water, it's a 7; if not, it's a 5. Either way, my ESC is capped at 5 for the hole, so no impact to index at all.

Frustrating round. Didn't have a great day off the tee, but I made good decisions on shot type and placement, so my misses were fine. Very ugly day with the irons. I think I'm just swinging tentatively, but I only hit four greens, and a couple of those left me very long putts. Good news is, I chipped very well. I would say I putted well - as I holed quite a few 5-6 footers that counted, but I also lagged poorly in some cases that left me those longer putts. All in all, have to be happy with the score, but I was scrambling like mad all day

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.