IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Had 75 in a club competition today, delighted!!

In My Bag:

Driver: Burner Driver 9.5 (UST Proforce V2 Stiff 76g)
3 Wood: Rescue TP 14.5* (Stock 75g Stiff)
2 Iron: G10 Hybrid (Ust Proforce V2 85g High Launch Stiff)Irons: X- Forged (Rifle 6.0 Shafts)Wedges: 248.06, 252.08, SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: 9 XG Ball: TP BlackBag: Ozone Stand...

I shot a 76, 1 under on the front 34, and a 5 over 42 on the back. I was even par until # 15 a par 5 it was then that I started to think about shooting under par for the round. I let my mental game thoughts start to creep in and then went bogie, par, bogie, double bogie to finish. I started thinking too much and I know better. On the positive side it was a great round and the first time I have broken par on the front nine.

Had one of my better rounds of the year shooting level par 72 on my home course yesterday, 1 under front, 1 over back had a birdie putt on the last for my first ever round under par and it agonisingly horseshoed back towards me lol, felt like crying.
had a good four ball match today in awful (p*ss poor shocking weather) won 5&4 shooting roughly 2/3 over between me n my partner

good weekend and have played myself in to a bit of good form.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

75 on a par 62/95 slope executive course. Not happy at all. A couple of really poor double bogies, and hooked one into the drink on a really short par 4 18th. I think the problems stemmed mostly from skipping lunch before playing, and just getting tired. I shot a marginal 35 on the front nine, and the back nine was torture.

The worst part was when I chunked a easy 30 yard pitch shot on the 17th. Frustrated, I tried to slam my sand wedge back into my bag... and my thumb got in the way. My left thumbnail is kind of purple right now.

The best part was that my putting was dead on. Sank a couple of 12 footers and lipped out on two from about 18 and 25 feet.

Shot 91 on the Riverdale Knolls course yesterday (69.6/119, 6436 yds.) 5 pars, 7 bogeys, 5 doubles, 1 triple. 4 FW, 5 GIR, 36 putts, 1 Penalty. Decent round - fairly happy with it. No part of my game was really on, but no part was really a problem either, just kind of average all around. It was the last weekend in Colorado to post a score for handicap.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I was one over going into #11, short par 5. Crushed a drive, hit a six iron fat, chipped way past the hole and 4 putted! Only to follow that up with a three putt down the road. Luckily, I shot 78.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

Due to my upcoming work schedule and the changing weather here in the Northeast, today was probably my final round at my home course for 2007. The morning was very frosty here so I waited until noon and set off to get in a final 9 holes. It had been over 2 weeks since I'd swung a club and the weather was a bit chilly in the lower 50's so I was hoping to finish off the year with a 39 or lower. A nice walk in the park and enjoy the fall colors kind of round!

The first hole is a 525yd par 5. Made an easy par and went to number2. Number 2 has OB all down the left side, and sure enough I hooked it OB. reload and hit it safe but now I'm 125yd slightly uphill and into the wind. Normally this would just be a regular full Wedge, but I figure with the cold air I'll need a 9 iron. I hit it perfect, right at the hole, and it waved at the flag as it flew over the green into some fescue. Well, when it was all said and done I took a quadruple bogey 8. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

I pared the next 4 holes then bogied #7, So I walked to the 8th tee at +5 over par. #8 is a very reachable par5 and I'm thinking that the only way I was going to break 40 today was make eagle here. I hit a solid drive in the fairway and then hit one of my best shots of the year. A high towering 4iron over trees and water and finished 15 feet from the cup. I gave it a good run but missed low and tapped in for bird.

So now at this point I'm settling into the fact that I'm not going to do any better than 40 today because I very rarely birdie #9. A 165yd par3 with sand and water. I forget about the air temperture being cold because every time I overclubed, I went over the green. So, I hit my normal 7 iron and I guess I saved the best for last(No, it didn't go in the hole,,lol) as it landed 2 feet from the cup and finished about 5 feet away. I rolled it in, and gave a little fist pump,,lol!!

A good finish to a pretty good year for me,,birdie, birdie!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I shot a pretty crapping 43 for me. I hit about every iron shot crappy, but my drives and putting were solid.

Last hole (par 5) I drive into the right rough. I set up to layup with my second shot, so I attempt a 5-iron out of the rough. Hook that, leave me 165 in the deep stuff to a tucked pin spot on the back tier of the green. I hit that to 10 feet. Overjoyed. 2-putted for par.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

I shot a 74 at Stanford U Golf course. I hit 17 greens and had only 2 birdies. I 3 putted 5 times. I play on tour in Asia so it wasn't a great round. I played with some nice people so I had a nice time showing them some things'
Can somebody help me?
Does anybody know how I can get my book reviewed on The Sand Trap.com? I recently got a book published. Its called "Striking It Rich: Golf in the Kingdom with Generals, Patients and Pros". It tells the story of my path to the pro tour while working as a surgeon in Southeast Asia. You can get a more substantial backstory by looking the book up on Amazon.com
Thank you..

Author of "Striking It Rich: Golf in the Kingdom with Generals, Patients and Pros"
www.reidsheftall.com

I played my home course this morning. http://www.brooksvillecc.com

A friend and I were first off the tee (always nice) and got around in just under 3 hours. I played well, missing birdie putts on the front side to shoot 36 and making par putts on the back to shoot 35.

Driver: Ping Rapture 9*
3metal: Titleist 904F 15*
Hybrids: Adams Idea 18* and 20*
Irons: Titleist 690CB (4-PW)
Wedgies: Titleist Oil Can 54* and 58*Putter: Ping AllyBall: Pro V1x

42 on the back of Pioneer the other day, and a 44 on the front of Willows today. Well, after ESC, anyway. Was even until the Tin Cup in my head said to go for a 300 yard par 4, resulting in four duck-hooks OB, a pop-up, and a 16 on the hole. ESC 7 but really my score was a 53. I hit no greens today but made it up with four up and down's. 14 putts.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

It wasn't important "what" I shot today (played 8 holes, was +1), but rather who I was with...My son was 11 today so we threw on our UnderArmour shirts, winter caps and shorts (45, cloudy, windy) and had a great time playing together...I guess I was the one who got the best gift.

I shot a 92 - personal best! - at Woodley Lakes yesterday. 6500+ yards, but many holes played longer to accommodate that a few whites and blues had to be moved up to the reds for re-seeding of the tee boxes. Seeing as how they aerated the greens last week or so, I'm excited for playing in a few weeks! ... not that I wouldn't be if they didn't do this.

The mix was split 45-47, and included zero GIRs . I have no idea what happened with my irons; even when I laid up and hit a GW/PW/9I into the green, my accuracy was shot. I have no idea what happened, but my chipping was reasonably good (5 saves) and I only hit one bunker the whole day; blasted out to a few feet and made the putt.

Speaking of putting, I used 33 putts - tied for my lowest. Those doing the math above will notice 3 three-putts. That sucks, but I work mostly on putts inside of ten feet when I practice, so 3-putting from across the green (usually after a layup) doesn't bug me as much as it did in the past.

I'm also proud of 3 straight pars:
#7 is a medium-length par-3; hybrid came up short, chipped on, made the putt. This is the 18 handicap hole on the course, and it's only a matter of time before I stop getting strokes there when playing against my imaginary scratch opponent.
#8 is a short par-5 (476 yards). Driver, hybrid, 9-Iron short and right; chip to like a foot, made the putt. My partners offered to give it to me, but I relished the idea of back to back pars, so I made the putt. I don't like taking gimmes anyway, since I know that there's almost no 'gimme' distance on a putt for me -- yet. 16 hcp.
#9 is a long par-4 (436 yards), 2 hcp. This is one of three par-4s that I plan to play as par-5s when on the tee; it's usually driver, 6-iron, wedge for me. I hit a huge drive and was about 185 from the center of the green (center pin placement too). Hybrid comes up short, chip on, made the putt for what will be a net eagle until my handicap drops to the teens.

And then, of course, the #1 hcp was the tenth hole, and I made a double bogey. But hey, a run of 3 pars in a row is new to me. And I parred #12 for good measure.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

46 today for nine holes. Par=37

Not bad really. Tripled number one and then settled in nicley, finished the rest in +6 with 2 pars. Also had a couple of other par putts burn the edge. Solid ball striking was the high for me today

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

I played poor today shot a 103 on 18 . been changing my swing so weren't expecting a great round, made two pars but there were some 8s in there three putted loads ,, my chipping was ok only drove 2 fairways

finding it hard to hit the ball let alone choose the right club.

to be fair i played some ok holes but terrible ones too thats what done it!!!

Anyway im gonna keep on practicing my new swing Good luck next time

Driver
3wood
Hybrid
Irons
Wedge Putter Ball

Shot a 78 over the weekend in a one day tournie. Took a beating on a couple of holes, but overall it was ok. My handicapp has come down now to a 6 (5.8 index) so I am pretty thrilled. It's taken me 1 year and two weeks to get there. I'm really hoping now that I can learn to putt and maybe get down to scratch by the end of next year. If anybody has any putting drills I can try please let me know. My putting is really bad and because we don't have a good practice green where I play, I hardly ever do drills. I'm thinking that I will try to use some of the real greens to practice when I get out of range of the clubhouse. I'm desperate.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

We played the back nine at White Lake Oaks and I had the round that makes you wonder if it's time to hang it up for the year. In the first 6 holes I had two doubles, a triple, a quad and 2 pars. Granted, it was 32 degrees when we teed off, but that was no excuse. I hit a few decent shots, but could not pull them together.

When I pulled my tee shot on the 170 yard par 3 16th I was ready to just call it a day. However, I hit a great pitch shot that ended up less than a foot from the hole. I followed up on 17 with a solid tee shot and a good approach shot. I missed the birdie, but made a decent par. 18 is a double dog leg par 5 that starts left and then curves back to the right. I hit my 3 Hybrid because I don't draw my driver consistently. I pushed my tee shot, but it was still playable.

Since you never know when it may be your last round of the year, I hit a second one with my driver. I turned it over perfectly and it landed in the center of the fairway about 310 yards out. I went to my first ball and hit a perfect layup to 90 yards. On my second ball I was sitting right next to the 170 marker. The pin was back so I hit a 6 iron that landed 15 feet right of the pin. I walked up to my first ball and hit a gap wedge that landed less than 2 feet from the cup. I lipped out the eagle putt on ball two and made both birdie putts.

These are the type of holes that keep you comming back. If the weather allows, I will try to play next Sunday. If it is the end of the season, then I will be content knowing that I played my last 3 holes of the season one over and that I birdied 18 twice in the same round.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Played Woodley Lakes in the Valley and shot 74 (37, 37) on a par 72. Many of my approaches were missed like 20 yards left, but the greens were so huge I was still putting. Must of had about five birdie putts outside 50 feet. Two putted one from 81 feet.

Hit a really great shot, though, on the 13th hole, a par 5. It measures about 510, and I hit a puny, yet straight drive and had 260 left. The guys were still on the green and I knew my 4 wood couldn't get there with a slightly elevated green. Plus the guys on the tee were waiting to hit, so embarrassed to wait, I just let loose my driver from the deck, and hit the green with a nice fade right at the group in front. The ball even went between one of the guys' legs while he was putting, but fortunately later he told me what a great shot it was.

So I birdied two of the par 5s, yet bogied the two other ones, which made the round a little dissapointing. Would have been content with even par, and very happy under. So two over's really not that good.