IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

first round of the year, shot 51-49 100. pretty good for me.

i had 2 pars on the back. the first was a one putt on a par four. the next was a two putt on a par five.

i lipped out my par putt on the par 5 18 to break 100.

grrr.

good sign though, as i improved over 30 strokes from my first round last year

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

78 today. It was definately a strange round. I shot +6 on the front and even on the back with just 9 putts on the back.

Second tournament of the year next weekend so I better get busy....
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

88 Saturday. Started even after 3. Normally I'm 5 over after 3. That's ok tho, I managed 3 doubles and 3 bogeys on the next 6 to finish 9 over for the side. :( All this while missing only one fairway. What a day. Never got it going on the back 45-43 88 minus my 15 handicap is a one over 73! ;)
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

First round of the year. I had no business playing since my back has been flared up so bad this week I could barely put on my own underwear when I was dressing to play. After a little Icy Hot, some stretching, using my back support while I ate breakfast and more stretching I put on my back brace and went to the course. I popped 4 Alleve on the way there and chased them with a large Shock Wave Energy Coffee. I was still pretty sore, but there was no way I was missing it. The hardest part for me were the full swings with the shorter clubs. It is hard to bend enough and stay down through the ball. I bladed a few full wedge shots but hit the longer clubs well and chipped pretty well too. My putting was inconsistent, but so were the greens.

I ended up with a 45. 6 bogeys, 2 doubles and a par. I missed 3 putts inside 5 feet and took two unplayables. Both balls were no more than 1 foot out of play. All things said it could have been better, but it could have been way worse too.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Saturday AM shot an 87 at High Cedars. Greens were just aerated, and ridiculous to try to putt on. Came home at noon and my wife was taking the kids out to the movies... So I decided to go back out and play at Lake Spanaway... it rained on and off most of the afternoon, but I got through it with an 81.. Their greens were aerated a few days before High Cedars so they were pretty rough, but not nearly as bad...

in my grom stand bag:

Driver: HiBore 9.5* fujikura stiff
3w: HiBore 15* fujikura stiff
2i hybrid: HiBore fujikura stiff3-sw: MP-57 +1/2 2* up stiff steelPutter: 2ball SRT 36"GPS: SG3 Sky caddieCart:Clicgear 2.0Home Course: Lake Spanaway http://www.lakespanawaygc.com

81 with a triple on the 4th hole today at Temecula Creek in in 75 degree weather. Just cannot seem to stay away from the blow up hole

What I play:
Driver: FTi Tour LCG Matrix Xcon 6
3 Wood: Sonartac SS03 *14
Hybrid: FT Hybrid *18
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22*Irons: 5-PW i10, Project X 5.5Wedges 52, 56, 60Putter:i Black #9Ball: Tour ix

I played my first official round of the year today at a local municipal course. I played in a 4-man scramble last Friday and won the longest drive award which was pretty cool. My team stunk it up though.

As for my round today, I shot an 83 which I was pretty happy with. I shot a 39 on the first nine (started on the back nine though). I had 4 bogeys and 1 birdie and was +3 for the nine. As for the next nine, it didn't go as smooth. I shot a 44, but it was pretty inconsistent. I had 4 bogeys and 2 double bogey mixed in with only 3 pars. The weather was getting pretty ugly, so my buddy and I played a little speed golf to get the round in. Whether that had anything to do with the 44 is anyone's guess.

Nonetheless, I hit the ball really well with my irons, and I chipped much better than I did in the scramble last Friday. If I could have straightened my driving out a little (which was great last Friday), I could have made a run at 80.

In the end, an 83 will work for my first official 18 of the year.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Shot a 76 at Whispering Woods today. Did not play the ball down everywhere - moved it out of some tire tracks on one hole, a slightly muddy area on another, and away from some rocks on a third (I don't think they were "piled for removal" but perhaps they were). Such is golf in the spring in the northeastern U.S. I was actually quite impressed with how quickly the course is ready. The greens were firm and, though slow, were rolling really well. Balls didn't plug in the fairways but they didn't bounce or roll anywhere, either, which made it play a bit longer. Still only about 55° too...

Anyway, today my driver was okay in spurts, bad in others. That's to be expected. Irons were okay with a few crud shots. Putting was really solid. Short game was hit or miss, but I had three nice ones that qualify as "hit," including two wedges from 80 yards that I couldn't have placed better. Hit them exactly where I was aiming - I should have aimed at the cup instead!

Putting is the thing. Rarely has my putting been this good this early in the year. I've been using the Studio Select (33", Newport 2 mid slant, 350g), but that's not what's doing it - it's the Z-Factor. I've never started this many putts on the exact line I want. If I miss, I misread the putt, not because I mis-hit it. Review coming soon on the Z-Factor, but man: perhaps the best putting aid of all time. Seriously.

Scorecard if you want to see.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I play at a 9 hole, par 32 course. It's a garbage but I enjoy the company of my friends and a membership is less than $200 So I show 35 my first round and 34 my second. Not too shabby for my first couple rounds of the year. It was way easier than normal because the greens aren't even cut yet so there is barely any kind of distance control on putts I almost had an ace too! It was about 8 inches away

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I shot a 119 today on my first try on the blue tees (72/130-6651 yds). Totally blew up 2 holes for 9's and double bogied 3 par 3s - it wasnt the distance that killed me on those as much as my putting. These tees are a bit out of my league and was just playing them in preparation for a tournament this weekend. I will be going back to my green tees once it is over.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

first golf tryout for golf team, and i wasn't really expecting to play well in the rain. shot a 42. OH MY GOODNESS!! thats in the running for high JV!!! hit 8/9 greens and 6/7 fairways!! hope i can repeat that tomorrow!!

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

first golf tryout for golf team, and i wasn't really expecting to play well in the rain. shot a 42. OH MY GOODNESS!! thats in the running for high JV!!! hit 8/9 greens and 6/7 fairways!! hope i can repeat that tomorrow!!

Congrats and keep up the good work!

Today, I shot a 91 at Balcones Country Club, Austin. The weather was marvelous.
I am so thankful I changed by golf swing to lever power golf about 3 years ago. I hear so many laments about back strain, which thankfully I never get, because my swing is all arms. There is very little twisting. If you want to find out about it look up kuykendallgolf.com

WeekendPro

shot 5 over on the front nine and 3 over on the back. Usually I reverse those scores.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Finally tried a course other than my home course today and shot a 113 - nothing pretty - all double bogies with a few triples sprinkled in. Just living the good life while the boss is on vacation. I know i wont be able to get 5 rounds in next week.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Shot 79 in my weekly Men's club tournament today in a 25 mile an hour wind. 42 with 2 doubles and 2 3 putts on the front and then a solid 37 on the back. Made 3 nice birdies which should be worth a skin or 2. I drove it well today

What I play:
Driver: FTi Tour LCG Matrix Xcon 6
3 Wood: Sonartac SS03 *14
Hybrid: FT Hybrid *18
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22*Irons: 5-PW i10, Project X 5.5Wedges 52, 56, 60Putter:i Black #9Ball: Tour ix

i shot an 83 but what was really special about the day was this one drive i thundered and then the air became misty and i heard this song, "battle of evermore" coming in from the ethers, never had this happen before

They will beat their swords into golf clubs and their spears into putters. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore. Old Tom Morris 2:4

Shot 48 today and I have all kinds of excuses for it...

• windy
  • cold
  • too many layers on to swing freely
  • was golfing with my brother which can get annoying
Struggled off the tee (too many layers) and triple bogeyed both par 5's (one was with an OB penalty). Short game and putting was good and ultimately saved me though. Last 4 holes I went par, bogey, par, par. Good finish to a terrible round.