IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I had been scoring in the low to mid eighties. Then last weekend, I shot a 99; the result, I believe, of a lot on my mind. Yesterday, I improved to a 90. Too many mistakes for a good score but, better than last week with the promise of progress in the future.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Shot an 84 at Heartland Crossing here in Indianapolis. Absolutely frustrating...wild off the tee, poorly executed shots, penalty strokes galore. If I didn't have the putter working, would have shot 90+. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGG

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Shot a 48 on nine holes today, I did terrible compared to my normal which has been right around 43-46, My putting was okay except for on par 3's, hit on to the green on every one of the par 3's and then 3 putted every stinkin one of them! bleh! besides that my short game and chipping were pretty good, but I wasn't doing that well off the tee.

Its not always how you drive the ball, but how it arrives.

I shot 5 under and bilked three clubhouse professionals out of thousands of dollars in a friendly $100 per hole match...

No seriously, I had an 88 on a local municipal course... all in the company of a fine elderly gentlemen.

• Administrator
I can sum up the last week of golf for me in four letters: C-R-A-P.

I did shoot +1 on the front nine at Kaluhyat at Turning Stone (we'd played the back nine first). Whoopty doo.

It's some fundamental flaw (i.e. a flaw in my fundamentals), combined with being awfully "golf tired," but I need to figure it out... ideally before Thursday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an extremely frustrating 40 on the back 9 at West Chase Golf Club in Brownsburg, IN. Greens were very fast and beat up. Had two downhill putts inside of 3 feet that I had to play over a cup outside the hole (missed both): one cost me a sand save, the other led to a 3-putt par on a par 5.

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

Shot 1 over on 9 holes today. I'm both happy and upset. Happy because I played some good golf...upset because the season is almost over here and a 36 would have been nice...shot 37 twice this season before this round.

Round didn't start great (right where I left off the last round...working on my swing) but I managed to par the first hole (a par 5) and the second (a 215 yard par 3...pushed my tee shot, bad chip to the fringe, chipped in :)). Finally got a key part in my swing figured out and started hitting the ball nicely. Made all pars (should have had one bird) until the second last hole. Short par 4 dogleg-right over water...not really a green you can go for due to trees...more of 150 yard layup type hole...toe the 8-iron tee shot and end up behind a couple of trees but manage to get through them, over the water, and onto the green....unfortunately no where near the hole and in horrible position on the green....3-putt :(. Made a go at birdie on the last hole but had to settle for par.

All in all a good day. The guy that I joined up with halfway through the round asked if I was a scratch golfer...I just laughed and said he caught me on an off day :D.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

Shot 5 over 41 last night. Was getting off the tee well....finally! Something I couldn't do over the weekend. Chipping is still killing me. Iron play is pretty solid right now....for me anyway. Putting is close....just barely missing on the edge on most putts and getting just past the hole....leaving an easy tap in.

All I managed was some long overdue time at the range, but enjoyed nearly every minute of it.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Hit the driver so so today, hit my irons great. 3 over thru 14 then boom double bogey on 15, double bogey on 17. Aggrevating for sure, ended up 38/40 for a 78.
adidas.gif AG Tour Staff Bag
taylormade.gif R9 9.5*/15*
titleist.gif ZM Forged 2-P

taylormade.gif XFT Wedges 54*/60*
taylormade.gif Corza Ghost

I played golf for fun a few times a year for the last 9 years or so. Just starting taking the game serious this year though and shot a 46 today(9 hole course), for the best round of my life. Including back to back pars on 8 and 9 which was a nice way to finish the round. If my putting would've been as good as it usually was I would've shot an even better round. Hit one drive OB too which is unlike me. I hit my hybrids, mid irons, and short irons all good today, driver was so so. Had one drive that went 268 yards(2 yards short of a creek on a par 5) which was the best drive of my life. Had 200 yards left uphill to the green, I can't hit my hybrid that far so I left myself a 1/2 56*SW shot(50 yards), that stopped to about 15 foot, came 1/2 inch away from a birdie, tap in for par. I love this game, can't wait to play again tomorrow or Sunday. :)

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well teed off 8:09am couldnt do crap on the front, shot 46...wow. Man was I mad. Thinking what am I doing wrong? Hit my tee shot on 10 and realize...back on my heels. Even on the back 36 after I got off my heels ended up 82. Disappointing looking at what it could of been but glad I got it turned around on the back.
adidas.gif AG Tour Staff Bag
taylormade.gif R9 9.5*/15*
titleist.gif ZM Forged 2-P

taylormade.gif XFT Wedges 54*/60*
taylormade.gif Corza Ghost

I did it!

Couple of days after that 37 I managed to score a 36 on my home course. One birdie, one bogey, and the rest pars. Missed a second birdie by fractions of an inch.

Nice way to close out a season. Next season the big goal will be to par the course...all 18 holes. The front 9 of our course has been out of commision during the month of September as a crude (gas) pipeline is coming though.

Tomorrow I get to play in a mini Ryder Cup style match between members of my home course and the neighboring town's golf course. 36 holes, 2 different formats...pretty excited about that, although the weather is not looking good.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

Shot 79 at my home course this afternoon. (38,41) Had seven pars and two bogeys on the front, and the back was crazy. par, par, par, par, double bogey(three putt from 4 feet), double bogey, bogey, bogey, birdie. haha at least my last hole was nice. Even though I hit the ball horrible on the back nine, I only took 12 putts, so that really kept the round sub-80.

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Didnt keep score, but I did find 45 golf balls, including 15 Pro V's
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

86, my personal best.

See my thread for details

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+