IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I love when this topic starts to get busy!
Golf season starts tomorrow so I'll be visiting this one fairly often.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

played yesterday and it was a struggle. 45-43 88. Had the snap-hooks bad. I think this is my last year on the "Winter Swing" program with the local pro. After 5 weeks of hitting off mats into nets I am so screwed up I don't know weather I'm coming or going. FINALLY hit a good shot on 17 from the fairway for my 1st GIR of the day to gain some confidence, and then off the tee on 18. Nailed my PW to 6" from 130 on 18 for the tap in birdie. great finish to a lousy round.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

We're having a good warm windy day today. It felt like spring (minus the humidity). It was 80 degrees. I walked 27. Shorts and short sleeve shirt weather!

Played pretty good, didn't make many putts - the greens are quite slow and unpredictable. I made a few birdies but they were all within 10 feet, one was a missed eagle. Shot 38,37,38. (71.4/126 par 72).

I got tired on the 23rd or so hole and had to grind hard trying to finish. Bogeyed the last after a short tee shot upwind.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

First round of the year. shot a par 36 on 9 holes today at a little course in ames called the oaks. 7$ to play cant beat that.

Idea Irons tight lies
R5 duel
PW
Putter I-series
bag Home Course Pondaros RIP

Terrible 93 on an incredibly windy day on a nice looking course (71.1/127 from the Blues). They'd just aerated the greens and laid down sand. Slow and bumpy. Yuck. Can't wait to play it again when the grass isn't hibernating and the greens are smooth and fast.

Somehow managed to botch hitting 10/14 fairways by only hitting 2/18 GIR and having 36 putts. Ugh. At least it was relaxing.

Played 36 today with a combined total of 2under. A bit dissapointing being that 2 under was the number after the first 18, and was 2 under after the third 9. It got way too cold and I was a bit hungry and bogeyed 14 and 16 on my last 9.

I am really pleased with the way I played today. Used one ball the whole time, which was absolutely torn up at the end. I was on fire with my wedges today. Had four tap in birdies from 40-115 yards, and nailed an 8 iron to about 2 feet on the first round.

My head was just in the right place. I've been reading a book by Ray Floyd and read the chapter on visualization yesterday. Put what he explained to work today, and it went quite nicely.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

10 over for an 82...
putting is getting much better... only had 2 3 putts... lots of 1 putts...
driver is still a mystery... only got 2 f/w...
since im not hitting many f/w... girs are hard to come by...
par 3's kicked me in the teeth today... overshot a few greens... caught a bunker...
had some great outs when i drove them in the woods...
lost 1 ball... have no clue where it went... from the fairway to god knows where
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Shot 69 today from the tips. Played good except one hole where I hit my drive OB. Made a double bogey. 5 birdies, 1 DB, 12 pars
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

For my first round of the year, I shot a 79 on a par-58 executive course. Almost bogey golf.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator

My golf courses aren't open yet, but I went out and used 'em as a big field today! Took my Sunday bag and six clubs (well, seven if you count the R9, a second driver).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

had a really nice day out today 61 here, but i shot an 89 hit 11 fairways of 18

my drives were on point today, dead straight, my biggest feat of the day was i drove a 303 yard par 4, but still got par =[ i need to learn to putt

the hole i drove the green on has this hill up on the right side it hit the edge of the hill and shot straight down onto the green,*thank you hill* =] but still 300 yards =] made me happy lol

then i went to taco bell ( I never have the problems alot of ppl do after eating there) haha

then i came home washed my car, cleaned the windows, cleaned the carpet, waxed it, yeee haw eventfull day, and its only 3pm =]

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

I shot a 50 today. That is, 50 on the driving range, as our greens are still frozen.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

9 over 72 today for an 81
i could taste the 70's till i splashed one in the drink :( then proceded to 4 putt that same hole
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Went out at lunch for a quick 9 holes on a Par 3 course. Shot a 36.

Brilliant move of the day: Hole 5, 170 yards. Good contact and the ball is right on target to the pin....and then lands about 30 yards short of the green...wtf?!?!? Oh..wait...what's this, I'm holding my 9i instead of my 6i!

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*, Aldila NV Stiff
Fairway Wood: System 2 Midsize 3W
Hybrid: Idea Boxer a3Irons: Bomber Steel Plus 3: 4-PW (Callaway Clone)Wedges: 588 Tour Action BeCu 53* Gap/56* SandPutter: Karsten Anser 2 34"Balls: Back to the drawing board, experimenting with Gamers,...

Shot 89 at LSU today. 37 freaking putts:( I could not make a put that wasn't a tap in to save my life. Lots of lip outs, but not one dropped. Also had a four hole stretch of triple, triple, double, double that ruined my round. Good thing the weather was nice...

Brandon

R7 460 SuperQuad driver
G5 3 wood
Rescue Mid 2H R7 3-AW Vokey Spinned Milled 60* White Hot Tour #5 Burner TP

85 today and fell great about is vs the 88 of Wed I felt lost after. 1st 4 were a struggle and after that I found my swing w/ the irons. 45-40. The 40 on the back could have easily been 35 with non-winter greens.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

94 at Hallbrook CC. Played as a member guest. Last week shot 104. Solid comeback. Putted MUCH better. 5 1-putts. Also hit a 288 yd tee shot(a 1st for me!) I still felt like I left some shots out there.3 3-putts and 3 lost balls. I think I can shoot in the 80's on this course.It's all about progress.....

Driver:TaylorMade R580 XD Stiff
3 Wood:Wilson FY-brid 15*
Hybrid:Adams A3 Boxer # 3
Irons:Titleist Square Toe 4
Irons:Callaway X-20 5-PWWedges:Adams Tight Lies GT SWPutter: Ping Anser 2Ball: Wilson Ultra or Precept Lady IQ180 or Bridgestone e6+