IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot a 40 last night in my league, 4 over. Really putted poorly and didn't make a thing except on 1 where I made a 7 footer for par. Had 3 really good looks for birdie, didn't make a one. Stats: 17 putts (not including 2 I putted from the fringe), 4 greens (putted from off the green on 2 holes, good shots), and 4 fairways (got a tree monkey on one of those). Overall, pretty pleased with the long game, drove the ball well for the most part. Hit a couple of snipping 3 woods off the tee early, but recovered.

Hit a bomb on 9, 400 yard par 4, had 87 to a front hole location. I like my new driver if I go after it, just have to be aggressive or I hit big fades. It responses well to a faster swing. I can't hook it and that is nice.

Brian

After a quick trip to Wisconsin and playing with my father-in-laws clubs for a couple of rounds I was ready to get home to play, didn't realize how much I would miss my own clubs.

Went out yesterday afternoon and shot my lowest round of 81. Was an odd round, started out with bogey's on 1-6, par on 7 & 9, and birdie on 8 for a 41. Back nine I had 3 pars, a double, 4 bogeys, and the highlight of the round, holed out a 102 yard PW on 17 for eagle, finished the back with a 40.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I took a day off from work today to play with my youngest son. I played pretty well and ended up with a 69 (-3) for the day. But what may the day special was witnessing my son's first eagle. He chipped in on a par 5 and couldn't stop grinning for awhile. I'm glad I was there to see it.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

After a good warmup (the front 9) and a triple on 10; I shot a 47 on the back nine; my best ever. There are some tough holes on the back nine; 3 of the top 5...

46/39 for 85. That's my personal best for the season and ties my all time low. Although the 85 I shot last year was on a much easier course so this felt a lot sweeter.

Saturday 24July2010
Course: Eisenhower Golf Course, Crownsville, MD
Weather: 100*F(ish)
Walked
Score: 82 (still can't putt)
Casualty: Ipod Nano (2nd gen). Crapped out from all the sweat.

R/
Craig

Out 46 + In 44 = 90 at Riverside CC, Olympic Course in Qingdao, China. Par 72, Blue Tees. Terrible start with a hooked tee shot to left water, ending up with a TBogey. Fighting a hook off the tee throughout the round, but finished with a 5-wood 205 yards into the wind to set up a birdie. Finally gaining some form after a long layoff. Hope to do better this weekend.

86 with 3 birdies again... this time on three of the par 3's. Drained 7', 15', and 20' putts... I left a 30' putt sitting on the lip as well. Putter was HOT to say the least.
10 shots left on the course... (5 penalty strokes and 5 duffs/flubs/mis-hits). Potential 76 today and it felt like it most of the time. Starting to like my game.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

82 in the club championship qualifier today. The pins were set up in the hardest spots I've ever seen and the greens were absolutely lightning quick. 3 putted twice from 15 feet. I was 13 over through 12 holes and basically gave up trying. Went 1 under for the final 6 holes so save a sort of respectable round. Maybe I can throw a 73 tomorrow and qualify for the championship flight.

What's in my Micro Lite Bag:

Driver: RocketBallz Tour 9
3 Wood: V Steel 15 degree
3-PW: 762 DCIGW: CG 12 52 degree

SW/LW: spin milled 56/11, 60/7

Putter: 2 Ball 35"

Played my first 18 in a while Thursday as normally play 9 after work most evenings, shot 2 under and walked off course unhappy as long game was very good but putter was blowing cold, I know I know sounds silly complaining about 2 under but it is rare all of game comes together and putting is my downfall

Speedline 10 with Harrison Saga
X Tour fairways 3 & 5 Fujikura tour platform 26.3
X Forged 3-PW Project X 6.0 rifles
X Forged 56-14 and 60-10 wedges
2 ball blade Tour is balls

Shot 88 with 4 doubles. Really wish I could eliminate those from my rounds. If you ever get a chance to play Grove Park Inn's course in Asheville, NC it is a very classic, well-maintained Donald Ross design.

Ugh. A 54 for 9 holes (par 35). Frustrating for a couple reasons, but mostly because it was so close to being a much better score.

Got off to a really good start---hit a nice draw driver tee shot about 240 yards on the first hole, setting up my first ever shot with my new 3 hybrid almost exactly as I'd envisioned it. Hit it dead straight but wound up about 10 yards short of the green. Chipped on with my first-ever shot with my new 60 degree which didn't go so well, but I 2-putted from about 30 feet for a bogey. Until two rounds ago, the best I'd ever done was a 6 on this 450 yard opening par 4, so I'm really happy with a 5. Sadly, the next three holes were also all 5s, which would be ok if two of them weren't par 3s.

At this point, the group ahead of me started to affect my game. It was three ladies in a pair of carts who seemed to be decent beginner-level golfers, but who had no clue how to manage pace of play. They did the stereotypical "sit in the cart and watch the shot, then think about where my ball is" thing, which was novel at first because I'd never seen it. They also had no intention of letting me through, which got to be frustrating after a couple holes of watching three people hit a total of at least 5 strokes before I was clear to make my next stroke. It didn't help that I was usually a bit behind them at the tee boxes since I was hitting bad approaches, but at least a couple times I was walking up as they drove off in their carts, and they just looked the other way trying not to see me. Anyway, I shouldn't have let it bother me, but it did, so there's my whining.

Anyway, the last 5 holes went 8-5-8-5-8 (par 5-4-4-4-4) which was annoying as heck. The worst was on the par 5. I'd opted to play driver on the 3rd hole, a 300 yard slight uphill par 4 that I can par as easily with a 4-iron off the tee as driver, so that I'd have had two swings with the driver before this hole. It's not hard, just about 470 yards uphill. The right side off the fairway on the second half of the hole is the net for the driving range, so you really can't miss right on your tee shot. As usual, I missed right; this wouldn't normally bother me too much, but my tee shots on 1 and 3 had both been strongly drawn. Then out of nowhere I pick up a high push-fade and strand myself behind the net. I chipped out and nearly hit GIR with another really nice 3 hybrid, but then flubbed a few chips and tripled it... ugh. From then on out, my driver was pretty much crap. Oh well. Had a few very good shots, and a lot of trouble with the new wedge.

All told, I was bringing in three new clubs, two of which were a wedge and a putter, so it's not surprising that I had trouble with short game and putting. I missed quite a few < 10 foot putts, but they were all very near misses except for maybe one that was about a 4-foot comebacker. It's hard adjusting from a mallet to a blade, so I'm not too worried because my aim was just off by a few inches but my distance control was great. Also, I absolutely love my hybrid. Missed GIR by less than 10 yards on at least three holes with ~200 yard approaches, which never happens. It goes about the same distance as my old 5W, but has been either dead straight or a slight fade, as opposed to something of a crapshoot with the old wood. I can't wait to get out again!

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"