IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played Sat 9/11, Beckett Ridge, Blue tees 6471 CR 71.9 Par 72

Shot 84

Played well to start with, parred the first six holes, then got on a bogie train for around 5 holes. Overall, I played pretty well. Made some really bad swings on the back, hit two OB back to back holes, stupid mental error on a par 5.

Overall, fun round, what I expect.

Brian

Horrible Saturday....I just could not get my weight transferred back to my left foot for some unknown reason....lost a lot of yardage...posted a 49/50 = 99 @ Pebble Creek GC Tampa. I lost 5 balls!

Then the horrible play continued on sunday @ Rogers Park in Tampa, posting a 50/45 = 95 even thought the course is 500 yards longer than Pebble Creek. Missed 2 birdies and two pars with up to the edge putts that didn't drop.

It was just one of those bad scoring weekends.

Yesterday I played a few holes from the front tees - just to get an idea for what to expect on 9/18. After parring the 10th from the regular tees, I moved up to the WHITE tees (Alvamar - the Red tees are WAY too far forward). From the Whites - I eagled the 11th, birdied the 12th, then went par, par, par, par, par, DOUBLE BOGEY.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Shot a low stress 78 with one tap-in birdie (near eagle, stopped 1 inch left, even with the hole). I say low stress, because that was about the worst I could have shot with the way I was striking the ball. Had 4 other putts burn the edges, but a positive round after not breaking 80 for the last month or so.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

This is my first post in this thread, hopefully I will see a steady improvement in my scores. shot a 48 at my league course, about average for what ive been shooting this year. been a tough season so far

What's in my sunmountain.gif C-130 Bag:
callaway.gif -Razr X Black irons

RBZ 3 Hybrid

-Burner 2.0 3 wood

- Burner Driver 9.5*

SCOR Golf- 41* 45* 49* 53* 57* wedges

odyssey.gif White Ice 2 Ball Putter

-Pro V1X balls

Shot 86 from the blues (par 70). I wasn't feeling my swing at all and I'm definitely still flipping. Tried a few different swing thoughts, but didn't see much of a difference.

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

• Administrator
33 on a par 34 course I took my wife and 7yo daughter to. She nearly holed a 30-foot putt on the ninth for a bogey and tapped in for a double. Not bad as she's the size of a 4.5yo and the hole was 130 yards with a tee shot over a (very small) ravine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played better than okay tee to green but a record number of 3-putts* added up to a 42.

I'd stopped at the local muni (great track for a muni btw) to play 9 holes. It's been a steady light rain for 2 days and since the fairways are generally in great shape it was a perfect time to check out my "swing bottom" since it seems to the be the flavour of the week. I brought my old Titleist Tour blades since they cut through the turf pretty nicely. Whenever I hit the fairway (5/7) I put a tee into the ground where my ball was and checked the divot. 4.5 to 7 inches. Normally I really try to pick the ball, but the last few times out I've been taking more of a divot. It easier - you don't have to be as precise, and I'm too freaking old to chase perfection. Especially since I've never approached it.

* six 3-jacks. None of them were that far off, but I was using a new putter (actually an old used milled face Dunlop that I got for $2.99) and with the wet greens my distance control was 100% shite. I did have a nice up and down for par on #9 out of the back bunker though, so that's cool.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

80 on a par70 (40/40).
9 pars, 5 bogies, 3 doubles, 1 birdie, 77% fairways, 39% GIR, 32 putts, 2 penalties

The highlight of the round was the par5 15th. I hit a nice drive and had 240 to the green. I pull out my 3wood and go through my entire routine and as I address the ball, I take a step back and think about what I'm doing (since there is a water hazard about 20 yards in front of me). I decide to put the 3wood back in the bag, smack a 6 iron in the middle of the fairway and end up making birdie on the hole.

Sticks: Burner SF 9.5, 15, 19 | MX-300 4-GW | CG15 56.14, 60.12 | BS Tour #9
Accessories: Tour 360 4.0 | Revolution Stand Bag | GolfShot iPhone App
Last Round: 82 (70)

Played pretty horribly at Mayfair Lakes in BC, Canada ended up shooting 92 at par 72 course lol. need more practice!!

WITB:
R9 TP 9.5° Mitsubishi Fubuki 73 X5CT S Felx, 15° Fujikura Motore F1 65 S Flex
Rescue 19° Aldila Voodoo SVS8 S Flex
X-20 Tour 4-PW Project X Flighted 6.0
CG12 52°, RTG 56°, 60° Black Series i9

Just played Eagle Point in Medford, OR (beautiful course btw) and shot a 80 on a par72 course (69.5/118)

In The Bag:
Bag -
Driver [9.5*] -
Fairway Woods [3,5] -
Irons [4-9, PW, SW] - Wedges [52*, 60*] - Putter -

Shot an 85. Drives hit the fairway and my putting was on. Everything else sucked. Good round for me, though.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Shot an 80 at Centennial Golf Club in Medford, OR. If you get down there, you have to play this course. 5 sets of tee boxes, 7200 yards from the tips or play the purple (2nd from last) set of tees if you have decent legth (260-270 avg) off the tees and want a challenge. The round was a bit wierd, I had an afternoon tee time, but switched it to the AM when I saw that it was going to rain in the afernoon. I was visiting and there was a single time open at 9:00am. I get to the course and there's some tournament starting at 9:00am??? huh??? Well, turns out they didn't have a full field for the tournament so they opened up a couple of tee times and put us out with the rest of the tournament in shotgun style. Well, that was good (free carts and range balls, that's cool) and bad (pretty slow and annoying people on the tee boxes for contests, etc).

This is where it got a bit annoying, I'm 4 over par after 13 holes, playing good and have a chance (I feel) to shoot my lowest score or hit my 2010 goal of shooting a 75 or lower. We're on the tee box on a 185 yd VERY DOWNHILL par 3. There's a stupid girl working some contest and we tell her we're not in the tournament. Well, that I guess means she can talk while we're teeing off. Of course, it doesn't help that there's a woman in our group that seems to talk at the wrong time. They start talking right when I start my downswing and it off into the rough 20 yds right of the green. Make bogey and I'm pissed.

I'm not pissed about my play, I actually came back and made a nice par on the next hole. But, on the par 3 since it was sooo slow and there was a group right behind us I played a provisional. I ended up finding my first ball, but in the interest of time played my pro-v on the green. Well, in my head I knew I was in the wrong and it messed with my focus and figured my score didn't really matter any more. Even if I shot a 75 or 76, I knew I couldn't count it. So, I ended up making a few more bogies to bring it in.

But, that's a 78 and 80 the last two round, I'm striking the ball and driving it better and my putting is spot on. Just cut down on a couple of mistakes and trust my swing and that 75 is still within reach before the season is 'over' up here in the NW.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)