IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Came less than a centimeter short of my first eagle. Had an ugly triple on the last too. But didn't lose a ball. Now in the last 3 rounds I have only lost 1 ball. 

• Like 1

Golf in the summer, curl in the winter.

On Saturday I played a short (~5900yds) but narrow course that has some quirky holes and very mature trees.

Shot a 34-34 for a 68 on a par 71 which tied my lowest score relative to par at -3 (all time lowest round is a 67 on a par 70) and set my new record for most birdies in a round with 6. 

That included a penalty stroke bogey on a par 5 and another sloppy bogey from 125 in the middle of the fairway.

Hit a wedge from 110 to a foot on a par 4 and a knockdown flighted 9 iron from 140 to 2 feet on a par 3 for easy birdies. Add in driving it greenside on a par 4 and a couple tap in birdies on par 5s and it was a good day.

Also helps that I made every putt inside 10 feet and only ended up with 27 putts for the round. 

This is the SG compared to scratch and that includes losing 1.01 strokes approach on the 1st hole when I sliced a 5 iron into a hazard. 

image.png

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Been a while since posting so here's an update for today.  Grandson is at golf-camp this week which means I can walk the front nine while he's doing his thing.  Today I opted to play an eight club bag: Driver, 3w, 4h, 6i, 8i, PW, 54* and Putter.  Played from my regular tees and had a blast working the course.  Shot a solid 39 (three bogies, rest pars).  Of the six pars  - 4 were up and downs where the 54 came into play to put the ball in "kick-in" range.  I knew that by limiting the club selection, I would need to plan to play "short" to give me a good easy pitch into the flag.  Today was a good reminder of why the 5 S's are key to making soild gains in your game - here's the link to that thread: 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades