IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Went out today and walked 18. I shot 99 - which is the first time I have broken 100. I am so stoked!

Driver: WRX G5 9* Fujikura Speeder 757
3-wood: G2 WRX 14*
Hybrid: G5 19*
Hibore Hybrid 3i 22*
Irons: G5 4-PW Wedges: Tour-W Black Nickel 52/12 & 58/08Putter: Milled NC #5Bag: Bagboy RevolverBall: ProV1XShoes: Adidas Tour 360 II

I shot my personal best today (75, +4)... 7 bogies, 3 birdies... Drove the ball amazing straight, hit good wedge shots, had some good up and downs... and putted very well. I'm really excited about my play of late, I have never put this much work into golf before, and it's paying off. I'm loving this game.. My goal for the end of the year is to shoot even par.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

I shot 82 (40, 42) today, and I am actually happy with that considering the gale force winds today. For example, with the wind behind me on one hole, I hit a 5 iron fat, and it still went about 195. Ridiculous. It was like a three club wind. Gona try to play some 2marow after school. Hope to shoot 38 or less on nine, or 78 or less if I am lucky enough to squeeze in 18

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

I shot 82 (40, 42) today

I shot the same today as well (40/42). Was hoping to get out of the back with another 40 but had a melt down in a sandtrap on the 18th and ended up taking a double bogey. Played my Dad's titty 690cb irons today and all I can say is wtf can i get a set in excellent shape?!
905R 10.5º UST V2
980f 15º Aldila NV
585h 19º Aldila NV
AP2 3-PW DG S-300
Vokey 52º~58ºSM DG Wedge FlexBlack 9iSG4

Home in Scotland at the moment, so played 18 holes with my dad, brother & brother in-law yesterday. BEST game in a long time. Out in 39, back in 47 = 86 (with an 8 on 14th - tried to clear water with drive, failed. Re-loaded and did the same thing again) Effectively got 'par' with 3rd ball. Poor course management prevented me from getting an 82.

Superquad
Fusion #3
Big Bertha Warbird #5
755 3-PW
Vokey SM56.10 & 60.08 White Hot 2-ball

i shot a 110. not bad for being my 4th time. and the first time on 18.

Your Handicap seems a bit out of sorts with scores that high...

In My Grom Bag:
Rapture Driver (10.5*)
Rapture 3 wood (14*)
G5 22* Hybrid
Eye 2+ (Blue-Dot) 4-PW iWedge 54/60 PAL-2i (Isopur); G2 ZSB Pro V1xHome Course: Rio Salado Golf Club (63.6/101)

88 at a very tough course, so not so bad. Two duffed chips in succession though when I was shortsided, mental block where the green shrunk to the size of between the hole and the fringe. Very dumb, but I hope I learned my lesson.

Golf, like the measles, should be caught young, for, if postponed to riper years, the results may be serious. ~P.G. Wodehouse

Weekend rundown all hometown munis...

Friday: 100 on a familiar course... ick. Gay Brewer, Jr. got his chops here, im taking one in mine here.

Saturday morning: 88! a new personal best for me. 2nd course of the weekend. Easy course, but still very happy.

Saturday afternoon: 100... again.... on the home course this time. 30 mph winds didnt help at all. Playing with 2 people who between them had probably played 2 rounds of golf ever helped even less (my mental game left me around 3 holes in).

Sunday: 92 on my home course. I am happy with that. Less happy that I tripled the 18th, though. My though process here: I want to par this... better hit my 3 wood so I can control the tee shot better... so much for that idea... 1 punch, 2 fatty irons, a bad chip, and 2 putts later i am done... bleh.

Fun weekend. 2 good rounds and 2 bad ones. Didnt plan on playing 4 rounds, but sunny weather and a fresh shiny paycheck make fools of us all. Lucky me that a round at my local munis (except our Dye course) is only 14-18 bucks

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

I had the best day of my short golf career. I shot a 73. The only thing is that it wasn't a regular course. It's a short 9 hole course. There are 4 par 4's and 5 par 3's totalling 62 for 18 holes.

I was hitting the ball very well with my irons... hitting greens left and right. If I could just get my driver and putter figured out I'd be much better off.

I usually hit in the low 90's on this course.

What I'm hitting:

XL 5000 set: includes driver, 3 & 5 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid, 6-PW, and sandwedge

Shot 85 on The Cardinal Course at Newport News Park. 40-45, a few bad sand shots on the back lead to 2 blowup holes, but not bad other than that.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I played with another TST member, today. I shot an 87. I had two, god awful, holes. That tends to happen when you hit it OB.

My playing partner was probably a few shots better. His putting was INCREDIBLE.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Well.. I was four over with one hole remaining on the front, and my mom calls and reminds me of an athletic banquet so I had to come of the course IMMEDIATLEY. lol

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

Walked 18 with a buddy who is a much better golfer.

He pointed out some things for me to try along the way. I was grateful for the keen eye.

He had to leave after the first 9 for a prior appointment. I kept on going and worked on a few of the pointers on the back nine.

I went out in 46 and came back in 48 for a 94. Certainly not a great score...but an honest one. I incurred a few penalties off the tee box. My wood play is ugly right now...but getting a tad better thanks to his advice.

I'm glad to be getting back into golf. 3 years off is too dang long. Walking is a fun way to play it....at least on the right courses. No residential golf!!!
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I shot 40 in a school match today good enough to earn myself medalist. Our number 1, a 4 handicap, had an off day with a 42.

My score should've been a whole lot lower considering I two putted every hole, missing 6 birdie putts in the process.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

I shot 40 in a school match today good enough to earn myself medalist. Our number 1, a 4 handicap, had an off day with a 42.

Nice shooting....keep it up. Best thing about missing 6 birdie putts is knowing that you were putting for birdie six times!!!!

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Shot 73 in the monthly medal to take away the honours at my home course in Australia. Also took 1.6 off the handcap as the CCR was 74 on the par 72 course. Looking at the recent scores and seeing;
played off ; 7
played to ; +1
is probably going to be framed as it is the first one of those to come up. The introduction of the new AP2s can take a fair bit of the credit for that score too and hopefully they keep coming.

Driver 9.5* 905T w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
3 Wood 15* 906F2 w/ Stiff V2 Shaft
Irons AP2 3-P w/ Project X 5.5
Wedges Vokey 200 series 52* and SM 58*
Putter Black series No. 1Ball TP Black

I shot an 87 today. No birdies today but I did get an eagle! After a poor tee shot leaving 275 to the center of the green on a Par 5, I grabbed my 3 wood which I get usually get 250 yards. I hit it flush and right towards the flag. Obviously I wasn't expecting to get it on the green, but when I got there, the pin was in front and my ball was 5 feet short of the hole. I drained the put for my 2nd eagle ever. This is turning out to be a good year so far as I got my first eagle just two months ago!

Driver: Titleist 983K, 9.5°, Aldila NV-65S
3-Wood: Titleist 906F2, 15°, Aldila NV-75S
Hybrid: TaylorMade Rescue TP, 19°, Aldila NV-85S
Irons: TaylorMade R7 TP, S300, 3-PW
Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action 900 56.14Putter: Ping Anser 4, 34"Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I tied my career low round with an 85 (net 66) on Saturday at my home course, Riverdale Knolls. The first time I shot 85 was out of season, so this one is official.
I didn't even feel like I played that great. Mostly I was consistent, stayed out of trouble, and I putted pretty well.

1 birdie, 6 pars, 7 bogeys, 4 doubles. 4 FW, 5 GIR, 31 putts, 1 penalty.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...