iacas

What'd You Shoot Today?

17,211 posts / 405486 viewsLast Reply

80 at Division II State finals. Solid round. Was +1 after my first 7. Tripled 15 (my 8th. A 470 yard par 4 playing into the wind). That sucks. Oh well. T4 as a team. Definitely not expected. We had such a great season. We won the league with a record of 14-3-1. 3rd at Districts, and then T4 at States. Our coach was very proud of all of us. I'm gonna miss playing for free.

Played 9 yesterday...3 pars and 6 bogey's...my putter stayed home! 3 Putted 3 greens, 2 putted (scramble'n) the other 3. No matter, it was 72* and a beautiful day!

first one on the course...
shot an 80... 8 over...
took 2.5 hours... woulda been less and shoulda broke 80 if i didnt duff all of par5 #2... grrrr...
7 pars/ 2 birdies/ 8 bogies/ 1 double...
1 money chip in for birdie...
1 impossible sand shot in a fw bunker... way awkward stance... 1 foot in 1 foot out ball next to the lip 5i picked the ball clean...
1 putted long putts... 2 putted short ones :/...
4w let me down the whole day but my 3h made up for it

I just registered on the forum and just started playing again after over a 1 year layoff. I started golfing in 2004 and really got hooked. Then I was just taking the game way too seriously and burned myself out. I was a 10 hdcp when I quit and sold my clubs. I bought myself some cheap used clubs and went out again a couple of months ago and the return was brutal to say the least. Shot close to 100 the first few rounds. Last week things started coming back as I shot an 81 with 4 birdies in the round. YEAH!!!! Now I am hooked again. Need to upgrade my irons for sure. Got some old Ping I3's and they just do not perform like my R7's did. Need some newer tech irons.

I played 9 holes last weekend (68.1, 114, 3001 yards) and had five pars, two bogeys, and two quadruple bogeys. I really feel like I'm on the path to becoming a good player. I just gotta keep my focus so I avoid those blow up holes. I'm not too worried though. I really like the improvement I've seen since I've gotten healthy. All the studying and practicing is paying off. I missed every fairway and couldn't get out of the bunker on one hole so I know what i need to work on right now.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

79 at Palo Alto, CA on 11/5/09

39 front nine
40 back nine

1 birdie
6 boogies
1 double boogie

putts 14 front & 15 back total of 29 putts including one three putt.

Up and down
front 6 attempts and 4 successful
back 6 attempts and 1 successful
total of 12 attempt and 5 successful or about 42%

7 greens on regulation out of 18 or 39% greens hit.
9 fairways hit out of 14 attempts or 64% of fairways hit

played a late round today... putted in the dark on 18... lol
shot 7 over for a 79...
front wasnt so good... 42
absolutely torched the back(to my standards anyways)... 37
almost aced #16 a short par3 over water... lipped out the birdie... tapped in for par :(
almost eagled #12 5i hit the stick... another 2 putt par...
lots of girs today... 8...
2 retarded 3 putts... knee knocking hulk putts that ran way past the holes

played at moody gardens in Galveston TX with my little brother last Oct 23rd and shot a 103. Almost broke 100 for the first time in my golf career. At 25 I'm a little behind the playing field but hoping to learn good swing fundamentals and tempo to help bring my score down. Goal for 2010 golf season is to consistently break 100.

so it was 50* and breezy... i thought id be the only one on the course and tried to squeeze in a round in 3hrs... i end up being the 2nd to tee off behind this pair of older guys... i was okay with that... checked in with the starter and waited my turn... i thought wow these guys must be good... theyre playing from the tips! WRONGGG! i could see 1 guy duffing it and chalking it up to first tee jitters... but both of these guys barely got it past the front tees... tookem 8 shots(a piece) to reach the green! these guys had zero ettiquette... i would have skipped them but by #3 some friends actually caught up to me and i joined them...

long story short... i was 6 over thru 12 and didnt even finish cuz i had to pick my dad up... really frustrating

95. I didn't play very well. Hit driver poorly, and was hitting fairway woods and hybrids into greens that I typically hit irons into. Every hole where I hit an iron or wedge for GIR attempt ended in par; very few other holes did. Third round in a row with this driver problem.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades