IGNORED

Article On: Two Big Max accessories for wet-weather golfers

Note: This thread is 3100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

(edited)

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/two-good-accessories-for-wet-weather-golfers

Having played in the rain yesterday, I can appreciate the items. I'd ilke to pick up a Big Max Rain Safe.

http://bigmaxgolf.com/en/products/accessoires/rainsafe

By David Owen

The golf team of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro played in a big golf tournament last month (and came in third). Shortly afterward, I spoke with Bob Christina, an assistant coach. "Monday was a 36-hole day, and it rained," he told me. "You've got your umbrella, you got a heavy bag with all this stuff in it, you've got everything, and by the time you get through that second 18 you're having trouble standing up. So we picked up three pushcarts, and the guys loved them."

There's still a prejudice against pushcarts in this country, especially among younger players, despite my ongoing campaign to shame all golfers into using them all the time. Still, as Christina says, pushcarts are awesome in the rain, even if you aren't short enough to take advantage of the umbrella holder that comes with most of the modern ones.

Recently, I acquired two accessories that make wet-weather pushcart golf even easier. Both are made by Big Max Golf, a British company, which made my current ride, a super-compact "push trolley" called a Big Max Blade +. The first accessory is called the I-Dry Rainsystem:

P1160875.thumb.JPG.247e03def34a315b2d042A more economical choice -- and one that works on anybody's pushcart -- is the Big Max Rain Safe. You strap it to your golf bag like a miniature parachute

bigmax-rainsafe-onbag.thumb.jpg.e6c5e837

Then you forget about it until it starts to rain, when you unfurl it:

P1160854.thumb.JPG.63e18976157311943bdeb

It's not as substantial as the I-Dry, but it weighs next to nothing, and it doesn't get in the way, and you can keep it strapped to your bag even when the sun is shining.

Edited by boogielicious

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Being from Portland we probably play in more rain that anyone. This is an interesting solution. I will look into it.

Michael

Pshh, I don't care if my clubs or bag get wet, I'm the thing that needs to be dry. Gore-tex rain suit and some rain gloves, those are the two most important accessories.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

• 5 months later...

I have the Rain safe for my blade but still have not had a chance to test it.  I usually check the weather before I go out but I do bring it just in case.  I will update when I get a chance to use it.  

Driver: Nike SasQuatch 460 Tour Graphite
Irons: Titleist CB 712 Dynamic Gold
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX Black Pearl Steel Wedge 50° and 54°, Cleveland 588 RTG 60°
Putter: Nike Method Matter M4-12

I have the rain safe and have used it a number of times and like it. It helps to keep the clubs dry and when not in use folds up nicely.

My main concern is its durability. I have used it probably 7-10 times and it is looking a little ragged. The material needs to be light and waterproof which is probably a tough ask, so I'll report back when it becomes a problem. Like gets a hole or something.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got to use my rainsafe.  It came in handy as it sits strapped to my bag and when it started raining on a fairway, I was able to quickly unfold it and cover my bag.  It worked as expected.  It does seem a little thin/fragile but that is because it is light weight and compact when folded.  I definitely like it as it covered my bag and not just the the top.  

Driver: Nike SasQuatch 460 Tour Graphite
Irons: Titleist CB 712 Dynamic Gold
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX Black Pearl Steel Wedge 50° and 54°, Cleveland 588 RTG 60°
Putter: Nike Method Matter M4-12

Note: This thread is 3100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!