IGNORED

New Nike Method Converge Counterflex B1-01 Putter

Note: This thread is 3248 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

From http://www.golf.com/equipment/nike-method-converge-counterflex-b1-01-putter

nike-method-counterbalanced-putter.thumb

by Rob Sauerhaft

For anchored putting, these are the End Times. On January 1, the USGA's anchoring ban goes into effect. Counterbalanced putters, a legal alternative to anchored models, have become increasingly popular with both Tour players and everyday golfers.

These new designs boast heavier-than-standard clubheads with extra weight in the grip end to "counterbalance" the increased head mass. This highly effective concept increases stability during the stroke (compared with regular models), and there's no need to brace the club against your body. Counterbalanced putters come in an array of blade, midsize mallet and large mallet options.

Nike's Counterflex putter takes the counterweighting concept to the next level. Just slide a 75-gram counterweight along a 15-inch track that sits inside the shaft.

"Positioning the sliding weight above your hands creates a higher MOI and more stability, while putting the weight below the hands makes the head feel heavier," says Matt Plumb, Nike's product line manager, golf clubs. That means that the B1-01 gives you the freedom to tweak the club's balance, weighting and feel in whatever way helps you roll it better.

The Counterflex technology is also available in a mallet head (called the S1-12), and additional offerings are coming soon. Price: $230

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the Edel following on this site has completely ruined me for putters. Every time I see new putters and their manufacturers' claims as to what their technology can do, all I can think is: but what will that do for my putting?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I think the Edel following on this site has completely ruined me for putters. Every time I see new putters and their manufacturers' claims as to what their technology can do, all I can think is: but what will that do for my putting?

I have yet to try an Edel, but I agree. If you want to putt the best, getting fit is key, which is the whole basis of Edel. Build a putter to fit the player.

I do like trying out putters at the local shops though. I am convinced that they rig the floor so all putts go in. :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

To hijack this thread a bit for another product ;)

I found that the new Ping Heavy putters are the closest to my Edel. 

They have a 365-390 gram clubhead weight. You can get a grip with counterbalance. My Edel putter is 370 gram clubhead with 40 grams counterbalance. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3248 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!