IGNORED

My Swing (rob12)

rob12
Note: This thread is 3157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 Years

My current handicap index or average score is: 40+

My typical ball flight is: Push (Irons), Push-Slice (Driver)
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Push/Block

Videos: 

Hi All-

Long time reader of these forums, but first time poster. My story is that I started picking up the game approx. 2 years ago. I practiced quite consistently and had my irons (Wedges thru 7) hitting very straight and solid, but my long irons, hybrid and drivers were massive push slices (starting right and slicing even further right)

Today (with much more practice), all my clubs are straight pushes to the right, typically hitting the side netting at the range at approx 50 yards and high up on the net. I try to hit the range at least once a week in the morning to hit approx 50 or so balls. I have worked with 25%, 50%, 75% shots and my shots are still pushes. Even aiming at a target at a 45 degree angle to my left still leads to push shots.

I have attached two short videos of approx 3 swings a piece in the hopes that perhaps you could notice my major fault.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by iacas
embedded videos

First off, not a bad swing for the amount of practice you put in. A Face On video would be helpful for looking at other elements in your swing like: Is your head wobbling around a lot? Is your hip staying on the wall? Is your weight getting forward on the downswing? What does your axis tilt look like? How wide is your stance (too wide is bad)?

Anyway, it appears that you are coming into the ball very steep. If you look at your shaft position at A5 you will notice it is nearly vertical, which could possibly be leading to the blocks and perhaps other manipulations.

A better position would have the shaft laid back more diagonally with the butt end of the club pointing at or beyond the ball. The butt end of your club by comparison is pointed at your feet.

Spoiler

56413c940c253_ShaftAtA5.png.a4952458f995

How to fix it? Not really sure, I addressed a similar problem recently in my swing and I cannot explain it without mentioning a bunch of meaningless feels. Try some slow motion drills, preferably in a mirror, where you get into the position that Spieth is in on the downswing and go from there.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 hours ago, rob12 said:

I have attached two short videos of approx 3 swings a piece in the hopes that perhaps you could notice my major fault.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the site. I'd give these threads a look.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you BM85 and mvmac for the helpful tips and thread recommendations. The shaft angle is really glaring in that side by side photo.

I will continue to work and post some more videos from my next range session, unfortunately the range set-up makes face on filming not feasible, but if I hit a different range I will make sure to take video from that angle.

Note: This thread is 3157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!