IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (February 2016)

Dave325
Note: This thread is 2980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Spent some time reviewing past Evolvr analysis videos and some that I took today and yesterday. I am liking the backswing and rotation a lot better, thought I need to focus on the steady head a bit on the full swing. Spent a few hours in the garage working on these priority items with the steady head using the 6 and 8 iron. 

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, Lihu said:

Raining. More full turn drills.

Over-swinging in front of my kids when they were practicing. :-P

Undoing all that "practice".

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Missed the last couple of day with an illness. Today I did 10 minutes of mirror work before my workout and mixed in a couple of swing in between exercises. Focused on my left arm being further out at A5 and the pivot with weight forward on left leg and butt squeeze from A6 to 8. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Did more hip turn rotation drills with "weight shift" added into the mix.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yoga, medicine ball and backswing drill. Drove by a couple local courses today and snow is going . Yahoo, anxious to put this practice routine to the range test. 

Under construction, signature and game.

Practiced at the range today. Im still working on my downswing pivot specifically regaining my forward flexion. I worked in alot more full swings today and hit the ball well. The highest club I hit was a 7 iron.

7 hours ago, Lihu said:

Did more hip turn rotation drills with "weight shift" added into the mix.

Got on the range for lunch while waiting for my kids. I loaned him my 3W with an X100 shaft in it and he stopped hooking and slicing the ball. I used his 3W and got some decent shots with it (forgot the head maker but it had a Fujikura R/mid-Flex/mid-Torque/57gm), really nice club. I was getting nice towering shots that carried pretty far.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Went to the range and hit a bucket of balls, using only 3w, 7i, and sw. I have a 4 club tournament on Sunday, and these are the clubs I'm using other than putter. Worked on hitting partial 7i swings, knockdown shots and tried to get as low of a hook shot as I could (for recovery out of trees). Then I played 3 holes using only these clubs. I even birdied the first hole (par 5). 3w, 3w, partial sw from about 60 yards, and made the putt from about 7 feet. Looking forward to Sunday!

Worked today in the backyard for a couple sessions with 6 iron and driver. Focus areas the same: watch A4 shaft lean and downswing with less arm and hands, but more hip/shoulders rotation. Going to try to slip in a round tomorrow if the course is open. Anyway, starting to feel better with my full swing, but more work is needed.

Dave

Played 18 holes yesterday.   Shot 85.  Left the driver in the bag.   Teed off mostly with 5-wood.   Tee to green was pretty good.   Putting was atrocious.   I must have missed 5 or 6 putts inside 4 feet.   Had an 8 foot birdie putt.  Sent it 4 feet past the hole.  Missed the putt coming back.  That was typical.   Left a 10 foot birdie putt half an inch short.  

No mulligans.   Took all the prescribed penalties and followed the rules.  This is new for me. 

I'm stuck on 85.   No matter what, I seem to shoot 85. 

Edited by Marty2019

More hip turn and "weight shift" integration. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Went to the range after work today. Worked on my downswing pivot while making very slow swings. The last half of my range session I spent hitting wedges to specific targets. I tried to make 1/4 and 1/2 swings to try and dial in some yardages. Im heading to Myrtle Beach in 2 weeks for a golf trip so Im trying my best to prepare for that.

5 hours ago, Lihu said:

More hip turn and "weight shift" integration. . .

Worked, but couldn't really see the improvement as the range conditions were not optimal. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hitting balls into net, backswing drill, pivot drill and hit each club through series of swing types.

Drove by range and it is closed but ground is clear and still very wet. 

Under construction, signature and game.

Played a round today. Had some decent holes and some not so good. Three pars and one birdie for the day... But one snowman. Still need to work on the swing with the hip/shoulder and less arm/wrist. Noticed about 6-7 strokes that I could have dropped had I done better with chipping from about 20-30 feet off the fringe. Started to trade in the pitching wedge for the 7-iron on these which seemed to help. Better shots with the pitch and lob wedge a bit further out (using the technique from Erik's chipping and pitching video). Overall it was a fair round, but LOTS of room for improvement.  Looking over the scorecard (haven't used one in awhile) and making some notes in my notebook. Posted a 99... Hmmm.

Also.... Joined up with a buddy and we signed up for two man league that starts in April. I never played in a league, so that should be a new experience.  Hope to get to the range tomorrow to get some of bugs worked out. Oh.... The big news is I'm heading Erie at the end of week for my first ever lesson. Really looking forward to that.

Dave

Did more back swing transitions trying to keep my spine optimally tilted.

Played the same 6 holes twice yesterday afternoon, PoP was really poor. It took 3 hours to play it the first time and about 1.5 hours the second time. Four groups (16 golfers) bunched up together after a 500+ yard par 5 waiting on a par 4. That's the worst I've seen. Well, I guess no more Saturday/Sunday afternoon rounds for me.

The first time was essentially bogey golf, the second time was just 2 bogeys. The greens took a bit to get used to. 4 putted one hole and 3 putted a couple holes the first time out. Pin placements were fair, just bad putting/chipping on my part.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!