IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (February 2016)

Dave325
Note: This thread is 2980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Went to the range today.  After warming up, I spent 10 minutes swing mapping with focus on A5 position and pivot. Then I did some swing drills. Finished with rotating shots between clubs with driver, 3w, 4, 7, pw and 56.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Spent the afternoon at the range. Im still trying to focus on my downswing pivot. Ive really struggled the last few days but Im trying to work through it. Finished the session with some wedge practice.

10 hours ago, Lihu said:

Did more back swing transitions trying to keep my spine optimally tilted.

It's going to take some time to get used to this spine angle. I hit a few pretty nice shots, but it still feels foreign to me.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Great practice day today! Spent some time reviewing yesterday's scorecard and taking some notes in my notebook. Then went to the range to work out some thing from yesterday's round. 

My two priority points that I am working on are relaxing the right hand at A4 and waiting before downswing. I experimented a bit with the early and late wrist hinge and hand position and found a HUGE discovery. When I wait for the wrist hinge after A2, and, take the hands as high and back at A4.... I get a dead straight shot with an additional 30-40 yards. I can't explain that, but it all depends at pausing at A4 (my Hideki thing, hehe) and initiate the swing with the hips, then shoulders (making sure that the shoulder rotation is back and not up (up is my bad thing). Worked on this using the rest of the balls with game situations....  Alternate: driver, hybrid, iron, repeat.

Following that, took some time at the chipping green working on Mike's chipping technique (chip with a putting stroke). Used the 7, 8 and 9 iron with a two foot backstroke taking note of the distances and rollout. (9= 10ft rollout; 8= 15-20ft rollout; 7= 20-25 ft).... Of course, more work required here, but this stroke will mean a lower margin of error from these fringe lies where a putter might not be possible (my first choice would be the putter here if I can).

Dave

Today I did 10 minutes of mirror work before my workout and mixed in a couple of swing in between exercises. Focused on my left arm being further out at A5 and the pivot with weight forward on left leg and butt squeeze from A6 to 8. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Did more of the turn left drills at lunch. Feeling like my belt buckle is facing behind me at impact.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

18 hours ago, Lihu said:

It's going to take some time to get used to this spine angle. I hit a few pretty nice shots, but it still feels foreign to me.

Spent some time at the range. My son was watching me and noted that I am turning back too far. So, with a reduced turn it feels pretty natural. Maybe I'll overturn just to stretch out?

BTW, he carries my 9i about 150. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Working on the Driver and 8-iron swings for a few hours in the backyard. A few focus area that were already mentioned and am still focusing on. Staying on the stupid monkey path to get these priority items ingrained. Made a couple video and notes in my notebook and posted a couple driver swings to MySwing. Any suggestions or comments are always appreciated....

Dave

Went to the practice tee at lunch and played a round of horse with my buddy.  We each got to H-O, but then had to declare the round all square as we both had to get back to work.  Was pretty pleased, since he mopped the floor with me last time.

10 to 15 minutes of mirror work. Focused on sequencing a bit with the drop from A4 to 5 being slower, more gravity fed while the hips start to slide. Then accelerate from A5 to 7 with the feeling like I'm accelerating to A7.5.

Also did a bit of work on the backswing to A4 focusing on a centered turn with the feeling of my right shoulder stretching high.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Did some more mirror work to stop overturning.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Couldn't get to the course today. Spent some time in my living room hitting into my impact bag.  I focused on keeping my right elbow tight to my body through the transition to the downswing.  I am good at keeping it tight (and in front of my shirt seam) to A4, but as I transition it lifts for a second before reattaching.  This is my priority piece from my latest evolvr lesson.

5 hours ago, Lihu said:

Did some more mirror work to stop overturning.

14 holes on the shorter 6000 yard course. 2 birdies prove that it's lucky than be good. :-P

The rest of the mini-round was not so great, pretty bad actually.  Skipped over 4 holes because high schools are playing now.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!