IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (March 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Full yoga routine, medicine ball, dead lift and backswing drill in gym then on to range. Hit mostly tee balls 3/4 swing with irons/hybrid doing backswing and pivot drills.

Under construction, signature and game.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worked on more backswing and downswing drills in the garage. Then, went to the backyard and worked on the tempo full swing with the 7 iron and driver trying to incorporate the drill technique with a smooth tempo and pause at A4. Better ball striking today. Hoping to get to the range this weekend, between the expected rain coming in.

Dave

Taking out the (yuck, I know) steel shafted Ping G15 X100 to try to figure out what's going on with my Ping i25 PWR55 S driver. Also, comparing with my Titleist and my son's Titleist drivers.

I'm going to try to capture video in slo-mo and see what's happening in my transition and downswing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Worked on slow mo backswing drill and downswing with pivot drill. Hitting ball into net in barn. Focus on inside out path and club face square at impact.

6 hours ago, Lihu said:

Taking out the (yuck, I know) steel shafted Ping G15 X100 to try to figure out what's going on with my Ping i25 PWR55 S driver. Also, comparing with my Titleist and my son's Titleist drivers.

I'm going to try to capture video in slo-mo and see what's happening in my transition and downswing.

Didn't catch video, but so one told me my hands were getting  sloppy. Dropping my hands parallel to my feet solved the issue with driver and also straightened out my iron shots a bit.

Now, I need to work on my timing to get my desired distances back. 

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Just got back from my golf trip in Myrtle Beach. I had rounds of 79, 85, 78, 86, 88, and 79. My 2 worst rounds were at the 2 easiest courses we played so go figure. I did have my 78 at Kings North which was cool. I still have alot of work to do with my wedge game. Maybe it was rust since I havent played since November but I struggled with my wedges. I also have alot of work to do with the flatstick. I had countless 5 to 7 footers to save a par or putt for birdie and my make % had to be at 20%. The reason I scored decent was because I drove the ball great and kept my ball out of trouble. I went 29 holes without a double or worse to start the trip. All in all I had a great time and we played some great courses. Now I can get back to practicing for the season here in Ohio.

Worked in the backyard today with the driver and 6 iron. Went through backswing and downswing drills. Focused on head stray and weight forward. I added a new feel of ending with weight on the outside of left foot to make sure I was continuing the hip thrust forward.

Made a slight adjustment in my stance by narrowing it a scooch. This seemed to help with the head centered on the backswing (soft chest... Then this helped to keep the hips moving forward, where a wide stance seemed to inhibit hip turn.  With this change, had to stand back from the ball a tad. More work to come tomorrow.

Dave

Yesterday I filmed my swing hitting into a net. I will be sending the video into Evolvr. Today I am playing golf with my wife and son! That is unheard of for March 13 in the Boston area.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Went to range and hit a lg bucket of balls. Doing slow mo backswing and pivot drill downswing. Overall good session working on inside out path and keeping club face square at impact. 

May have a chance to play a couple rounds this coming week if weather holds.

20 hours ago, Lihu said:

Didn't catch video, but so one told me my hands were getting  sloppy. Dropping my hands parallel to my feet solved the issue with driver and also straightened out my iron shots a bit.

Now, I need to work on my timing to get my desired distances back. 

Still working on my timing using a swing speed radar. I'm going to setup something to monitor my hand path.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Went to the range today. I worked on my downswing from P6 on. Im trying to get my shoulders and hips open at impact. I practiced slow swings today and nothing full speed.

Working on 7 iron backswing and downswing drills. Took some video and reviewed them trying get the drill work into my regular swing, I noticed that I wasn't getting my hips starting forward soon enough starting the downswing. Worked on this at 1/2 speed and took some more videos. Getting a bit better but needs more work. Did a little work on the driver with the same focus. Ended practice today with some pitching practice with the 60 degree wedge.

Dave

Played 9 yesterday with my wife, son and a friend. It is very rare for courses to be open in the Boston area on March 13. What made it especially nice was it was my birthday!

I played OK. My focus for the round was to eliminate fat shots. Last year I had too many. For the most part I was successful. I only had two. One was a bad lie and my feet slipped on the downswing. The other was just a bad shot. I did have a few good long shots with my 5 wood and 3 hybrid.

All in all, it was fun to be out again.

Scott

My Swing Thread

17 hours ago, Lihu said:

Still working on my timing using a swing speed radar. I'm going to setup something to monitor my hand path.

More of the same.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

15 minutes mirror work before my workout. Worked on the items from my Evolvr lesson. Hands a little deeper at A4 while having the hips move an inch or two more toward the target (centered hip turn stuff). Exaggerate the flat shaft at A5. Rotate the hips more from A5 to A7 to be more open at impact. Did them most in mapping and <50% swing speed drills.

I also worked a couple of swings in between exercises. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Saturday I missed.....unexpectedly needed at work for most of the day.

Sunday (yeah I'm breaking the rule :-)) I did putting practice only. 12 footers on a carpet. Trying to make more than 50% of them

Today: The Chair Drill for hip bumping. And chipping practice. And putting, 6 footers, on a carpet. Make 5 of 6 on average.

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

I received my Evolvr analysis back yesterday and this was a really good one.... I need to focus on the hips moving forward in the downswing (I was apparently stalling out this movement, which I also noticed yesterday in my post).

Coach gave me a good swing thought here which I love and that is, to try to swing with the belly button (yes, it sounds funny, but hey... it works for me). Anyway, I plan to focus on never swinging again for the next month with anything but this single thought (less arms).

Just did a bunch of swing vids and have been avidly working on it. It's not perfect yet, but its coming along. Put in some good time today in the garage (its raining here) working with the 6-iron.

Please.... if you see anything I am doing incorrectly, please let me know.... the focus here is getting that hip turn and weight forward..... Also, continuing my backswing and downswing drills, with some pitching practice in the basement.

Dave

Back to gym. Short yoga routine to stretch, medicine ball routine, backswing drill with weighted club and dead lift exercise. Back home to barn hitting into net backswing drill and pivot drill. Slow mo swings focus on inside out path and square club face at impact.

Note: This thread is 2952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!