IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (March 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Welcome to the March Practice Challenge for 2016! The rules are the same as always:

• Make a somewhat detailed post describing your practice every day during the month.
  • No back-dating or pre-dating posts or practice sessions.

Detail what you did for at least five minutes of practice (indoors or out, with or without golf balls, etc.). Some of you have been slacking on this - give details.

Enjoy and practice hard!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in. Today (1st of March) I swung a wedge for about 10 minutes at work. No balls involved. It was a long 16hr work day so I knew that was all I was going to get.

I mainly focused on take away and the top of the back swing, making sure I had a flat right wrist. 

Edited by KiwiGolfer

More backswing transition smoothening.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

10 minutes of mirror work before my workout. Worked on position from A4 to 5 again and tempo in the transition.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

More backswing transition smoothening.

Range session wasn't terrible, but wasn't all that great either. Finally got some of my timing back.

Slowed the transition as much as I could based upon feel of course, and still put a lot of spin on the ball with my Frankendriver.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Short yoga routine just to stretch, then medicine ball routine. Currently doing 5x10 reps w,/ 10lb ball. Then backswing drill using weighted club and mirrors. All this was done in gym.

It was back to winter temps today otherwise I would have gone to range after leaving gym. 

Under construction, signature and game.

This morning, worked 10 minutes on stance/posture, gripping club properly (watch left hand, wrist), and basic initial takeaway motion. This includes waggle prior to start of backswing. Weather to go from 50* to 30* F by noon, so I did this indoors.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Range work today. Worked mainly on my takeaway and backswing. Im hitting the ball pretty solid right now. I leave for Myrtle Beach on Sat.!

Went for a 2 mile run then came home and worked on my backswing and staying more centered during the backswing. I then tried to focus on my transition and keeping my arms relaxed and using my hips.

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

Hit some pitches at lunch today. After work, put on new grips and practiced opening the hips and getting the left hip to the wall. Also putted on the metal yard stick and putting plane.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Today (2nd March) had a fitting for some Ping clubs. I must have hit about 30 or so balls with a 7 iron and about 50 with the new G driver. 

After that I played the back nine. 3 balls, just trying to get to GIR. It worked on all 3 par 3s and on 2 of the par 4s. Good 9 holes all in all.

Welcome March! One month closer to spring! Good practice day to start the month. Did a couple sessions in the yard working on the backswing and downswing drills. Did a little time with the driver before the rains came in. Moved practice to the garage... More backswing and downswing drills, though mixed it with the 6 iron, 7 iron and hybrid. Finished up with some chipping and pitching practice. Added a little putting practice in the living room. Things are starting to come together. Intentionally focusing ONLY on my priority items, nothing else.

Dave

Why you the range and suffered the cooler weather.  Spent first 15-20 minutes doing chipping to certain targets.  Then switched to increasing distance after every chip shot and then back.  Moved into some of my sister wedges changing flights but hitting to the same targets,  then went to an eight iron and switched between drawing and fading the ball every shot.  Finished out with 4 iron working on drawing fading and changing the trajectory randomly.

30 minutes of mirror work and filming my practice at the gym. I can't hit balls but swung at a rubber tee and worked through my drills. It is not as good as hitting balls, but it's better than nothing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 3/1/2016 at 9:33 AM, Lihu said:

Range session wasn't terrible, but wasn't all that great either. Finally got some of my timing back.

Slowed the transition as much as I could based upon feel of course, and still put a lot of spin on the ball with my Frankendriver.

I spent a good 1/2 getting my swing synchronized before doing the test.

Okay, found out that the tip was too soft in the R flex Mid-Kick Kaili 65gm R shaft. A little tighter and it seems to work okay. Probably going back again this weekend to Santa Ana to check out the same shaft I got my son. The Diamana D+Plus 72 S seems to work really well for me as well.

The big news is that I got my daughter a Cobra Fly-Z with R flex on sale. She's getting at least slightly jazzed about playing again.  :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Full yoga for golfers routine, medicine ball routine, increased reps to 6x10 w/10lb ball, and backswing drill with weighted club using mirrors in the gym. Added some sound effects to backswing drill by a vocal "boom" at the top of the swing, at impact, and at the top of follow through when club touches back of head. AKA a three boom swing!

The vocal piece came as a result of both the medicine ball drill and backswing drill in slow motion, especially just before impact. As a result of drill I am really aware of shaft coming parallel to target line, with lots of lag and coming into impact. BOOM. 

Not hitting any balls today inside or out.

Under construction, signature and game.

Headed to the range after work. Im still working on my takeaway. I also focused on getting my weight to the right side in the backswing.

Note: This thread is 2939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!