IGNORED

Apple Watch vs Pebble (Android) watch?

Note: This thread is 2823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone tried either of these, or both?

Especially interested in anyone in Western Europe (not a dig at the US, but my experience with Bushnell, Garmin, etc. is that some are great in the US but course accuracy is questionable in Europe, Australia, etc.). 

Thx

• Administrator
On May 11, 2016 at 3:11 PM, loki16 said:

Has anyone tried either of these, or both?

I wear an Apple Watch every day, and have since I got it (I ordered it within a few minutes of them going on sale). So yes.

I don't use it for golf, though, really. I use a Leupold laser for distances.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have an Apple Watch 42mm w/ sports band and use it very effectively with the Hole 19 App on the course - you can leave your iPhone in the bag and simply work distances from back, center and middle of the green from the watch itself, as long as you are in Bluetooth range from the phone. If you need more information on a particular hole, you can of course use the Hole 19 app on the phone itself, which has some other feaures (map, scorecard, social media connectivity, etc). In terms of GPS accuracy, I have tested the AppleWatch / Hole 19 app numerous times with my regular playing partner's Bushnell and it is spot on. The watch is comfortable, even with the larger 42mm face. Good news is that Hole 19 app is absolutely free - no hidden or "upgrade" features and no pop-up advertisements.

I have the Samsung Gear S2.    I like the functions of the watch but the apps are limited.   I'm not sure I'd buy it again.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know when Game Golf will be available on android watches like the Samsung Classic S2?

I have had the Pebble TIme for about a month now. I'm pretty pleased with it and it pairs nicely with my Galaxy S7 and Game Golf Live.

Note: This thread is 2823 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!