IGNORED

Travel Bag that fits in a typical Uber trunk

Note: This thread is 2849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have an old "SKB" hard case that's about 50.5" high and very bulky. Something like this one:

http://www.skbcases.com/sports/sku.php?cat=16&pid=71

I travel a lot and use Uber. This thing almost never fits in an Uber trunk which is typically some mid-size car. Same problem with the rental car. It's a pain having to take up the back seat with just the golf equipment.

Is there some minimalist travel bag that would hold my golf stand bag and clubs, and not add so much bulk? 

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

20 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

I have an old "SKB" hard case that's about 50.5" high and very bulky. Something like this one:

http://www.skbcases.com/sports/sku.php?cat=16&pid=71

I travel a lot and use Uber. This thing almost never fits in an Uber trunk which is typically some mid-size car. Same problem with the rental car. It's a pain having to take up the back seat with just the golf equipment.

Is there some minimalist travel bag that would hold my golf stand bag and clubs, and not add so much bulk? 

A driver is already 45" so there isn't much you can do about the length of the case. You could get one of the travel bag/case combo bags like this one http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/caddy-daddy-golf-co-pilot-2-travel-case.html?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=02CDYCPILOTPRO21111BKB01
caddy-daddy-golf-co-pilot-pro-edition-2-

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, SavvySwede said:

A driver is already 45" so there isn't much you can do about the length of the case. You could get one of the travel bag/case combo bags like this one http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/caddy-daddy-golf-co-pilot-2-travel-case.html?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=02CDYCPILOTPRO21111BKB01
caddy-daddy-golf-co-pilot-pro-edition-2-

Interesting idea. It's hard to know if it will fit a basic trunk until someone tries it . 

49” x 16” x 12” Dimensions (with pockets expanded)

6 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

Interesting idea. It's hard to know if it will fit a basic trunk until someone tries it . 

49” x 16” x 12” Dimensions (with pockets expanded)

Just measure the trunk of my compact car. Though the trunk is 51" wide at the widest section of the interior the actual opening for the trunk door is only 44". It think it would fit if the bag were entered at an angle but it would be close.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

1 hour ago, SavvySwede said:

Just measure the trunk of my compact car. Though the trunk is 51" wide at the widest section of the interior the actual opening for the trunk door is only 44". It think it would fit if the bag were entered at an angle but it would be close.

I appreciate that.  The hybrid would probably be much better than that enormous trunk think I have. I'm getting ready to take it to Houston tomorrow.

I use the caddy daddy. It's great for travel and when faced with a small taxi with lack of space it goes in the front passenger seat, with or without me there too. It's the best solution I've found. Better than hard cases or the slip over travel bags

I have one of these that I inherited from my dad. I think I am missing the pin. Sadly I don't think they make it anymore but one was sold on ebay for 61 clams. It may work for you if you can locate it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 2849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!