IGNORED

Hybrids

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you have a hybrid in your bag?

• Yes
    • No
    • Soon!

i recently bought a 18° calloway X Hybrid 2Hso far so good. i dont have a 3 iron or any fairway woods so i had a large gap inbetween my 4 iron and driver so this fills it nicely.

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the ben hogan hybrid, and im now a hybrid guy, it saves me multiple times with its ease of use. however i looking to upgrade to more of a "players" hybrid, like the titleist 585.

WITB:
983k 9.5 - Aldila NV65
Apex Hybrid
755 - Project X flighted - 4-PW
Vokey 200 Series - 52 Vokey SM - 56,60 Rossa Mezza Monza

• 2 weeks later...
The 503h had too much offset for me. I also like the set up of the 585h. It's more iron like and it seems easily useable from many lies. I have ys6+fw in both my 13 and 17 904f's and love them. The ys6+ hybrid is heavier and much less torque but I seem to get some great shots out of it. I'm thinking about going to our fitter next spring and trying out either the 20 degree Callaway fusion or whatever they are coming out with in the spring for fusion hybrids. I had an ft-5 fit with a 65 v2 this year and love it. I'm not sure about the set up of the callaway hybrids as they look like woods but I'll see.

Driver: FT-5 9.5 65g V2 stiff
3 wood: 904f 13 YS6fw+ stiff
4 wood: 904f 17 YS6fw+ stiff
Hybrid: 585.h 21 YShybrid+ stiff
Irons: MP 60 4-PW NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Wedges: MP-R 52.07,56.10,60.09 NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X2 33"Ball: ProV1

I feel the same about my 503h. It feels more like one of the old driving irons. It's very hard to hit in the 19* loft. It has been in time out all year. I bought it for a couple of the longer par 3's, 220+, I play weekly but found that I can hit my Hogan 3 hybrid just as far or in many cases farther when you factor in the terrible contact I made at times with the 503. I am looking to add the 585h to replace the 503 and possibly the Hogan as well.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a 503 since I was hitting my buddies Mizuno Hifli so well. I like the Iron design over the Hybrid. It's replacing an old Adam tight lie. I guess I'll need to try it out.....

I use adams hybrids. i started wiht the A2 set that cam with 3 & 4 iron hybrids. Man they are easy to hit. I was told to but the hybrids first since i was just starting out. I dont think i will ever use old irons again. i am now going to get the 5 & 6 Adams pro hybrids. i just started playing about a month ago and i can get them in the air staright 180 to 200.

Driver: Pinemeadows Bloc Driver 10
Hybrid: Adams A2 3 and 4 iron stiff
Irons: A2 hybrid irons
Wedges: Golf Smith 56 and 60 Degree
Putter: Pinemeadows bladeBall: Nike Power Distance softBag: Datrek Icon

The older titleist 503H hybrids i found fitted my eye much better than the newer wood like hybrids. I presume, like yourself, did not want to deviate to much from the irrefutable control irons have over woods, thus stuck with the 503H hybrids.

Unfortunately, almost all manufacturers these days are tranferring technology of lower perimeter weighting and increasing MOI into all facets of club design, including hybrids, so we are basically seeing these iron-like hybrids being fazed out.

I personally use a 2 and 4 Callaway FT hyrbid which i am reasonably happy with. great stock shaft in the Aldila NVS, however, launches a little high for my liking. Good selection of club choices with either draw of neutral bias depending on swing. The only complaint that i have with them is that due to the technology and movement towards forgiveness, i feel as through these clubs don't give you great feedback regarding where you've hit the ball on the club face. Basically, every shot feels the same, thus, for a better player such as yourself, sticking to the Titleists isn't a bad idea.

If you are after a better player's hybrid, have a look at the Adams Idea Pro hybrids. Aldila Prototype shafts as standard, more iron like appearance, however, very little offset. Should be right up your alley !!!

What's in my bag:

Driver: r7 9.5 deg, Fujikura Speeder 757 S
3 wood: G5 13 deg, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue, S
2 Hybrid: 2H FT hybrid, Aldila NVS S4 Hybrid: 4H FT hybrid, Adlila NVS SIrons: 5-PW Big Bertha 04, UniflexWedges: CG10 52 deg, 56 deg, 60 deg, Black PearlPutter: Ug-Le 34"Ball: ...

thats what i am looking to get now. i have the 3 and 4 hybrids out of my set but will be geting the 5 and 6 iron. i can hit the 7-9 pretty good. they just make a diffrence.

Driver: Pinemeadows Bloc Driver 10
Hybrid: Adams A2 3 and 4 iron stiff
Irons: A2 hybrid irons
Wedges: Golf Smith 56 and 60 Degree
Putter: Pinemeadows bladeBall: Nike Power Distance softBag: Datrek Icon

I have a Cleveland Halo 19* in there now. They're so easy to hit it's silly.

Cleveland Launcher Comp, 9.5* stiff
TaylorMade V-Steel, T/S stiff
Cleveland Halo, 19* stiff
Mizuno MP-32, stiff
Cleveland 588 Gunmetal, 51*Cleveland 588 DSG RTG, 56*Scotty Cameron Newport II

I'm sticking to the driver > 3 & 5 wood > 3-9 iron > PW & SW wedge > putter .

I think hybrids are just another way for golf manufacturers to make more money.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I'm sticking to the

They are also a way for you to shoot

lower golf scores.

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

They are also a way for you to shoot

Well, call me a

traditionalist , I'd rather do that by: a) using the classic club setup, and b) improving my game using those clubs. And before anyone attacks, yes, I do use cavity-backs (at the moment) and a 460cc driver!
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

Well, call me a

In that case, we can't you a

traditionalist . I have 1 hybrid for now, a Taylormade Dual Rescue 19° (3 hybrid) that replaced my 5 wood. At the same time I replaced my 3 iron with a 52° gap wedge. I'm thinking about adding an Adams Idea Pro (5 hybrid) to replace my 4 iron. Not sure yet.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

In that case, we can't you a

Okay, so I'm a traditionalist at heart!

Anyway, I'm looking to get blades before the year is out and I'm not even breaking 90 yet. Am I mad? Maybe. Do I care? No. Will it help me hit a golf ball correctly? Of course.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

I feel the same about my 503h. It feels more like one of the old driving irons. It's very hard to hit in the 19* loft. It has been in time out all year. I bought it for a couple of the longer par 3's, 220+, I play weekly but found that I can hit my Hogan 3 hybrid just as far or in many cases farther when you factor in the terrible contact I made at times with the 503. I am looking to add the 585h to replace the 503 and possibly the Hogan as well.

I tried hitting mine today and it was very tough. I think the 19* is a bit low. Maybe I need a 24* or so?

Okay, so I'm a traditionalist at heart!

I play blades, too, just not a 4 iron.

Well, actually, yes I do, right now , because I just haven't gotten the right hybrid to replace it, but when I do, rest assured I'll take the 4 out of the bag. If you want to be a traditionalist, why not fire it up with a brassie, a spoon, 1930's blades and maybe a niblick or two?

Mizuno MP-32, stiff

• 1 month later...
I have a Cleveland hybrid that I won at a golf tournament, its a 25 degree with a DG r shaft, It replaced my 4 iron and its very versatile, I can hit it from 160 yards to 190 yards. Today, I hit my hybrid into the wind to 160 yards and was pin high and sank my 30 foot putt for birdie.

I wonder when Tiger is going to start caring one? maybe in his 40s, on a side note, my daughter's going to turn 7 on 12/30, does anybody know who else has a birthay on that day?

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Go to wikipedia and look up that date.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

Note: This thread is 5773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!