IGNORED

Replace irons with hybrids

Note: This thread is 2880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Was hoping to get some advice.  I'm using a set of nike vrs cast irons 4-gwith. Never been very good with long irons. I have a 19 and 22 degree hybrids. What irons would you get rid of?

I have a 20 and 23 hybrid that initially replaced my 3 and 4 irons.  I used to also carry a 5w but no longer need it with the distance I now get with the 20 degree hybrid.

5 minutes ago, lineape said:

That's what I was thinking with 19 degree. Do away with the five wood.

Just be sure you aren't leaving too much of a gap in distance between the 19-degree hybrid and the next-longest club. Depending on your ability, you may want to take the 3-wood out of the bag before the 5-wood.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Whenever weather and work allow I'm going back to the range to test yardage. I really like the 19 degree I have. Bought a used cobra fly z adjustable.

On 6/2/2016 at 6:52 PM, Shooting29 said:

My 19 and 22 replaced my 3 and 4

If you have iron replacement (IR) hybrids, this is the case. The IR hybrids usually would have the same shaft length and loft as a given model of irons.

For example: Mizuno JPX and JPX-EZ hybrids and Fli-Hi hybrid irons, which have the same shaft length and loft as the JPX, JPX-EZ and MP iron models.

Stand-alone hybrids often have a shaft length longer than corresponding irons made by a company.

For example, the Ping G hybrids in 19*, 22* and 25 follow this rule.

Likewise, the Titleist 915H of 21* has a shaft an inch longer than those of corresponding irons.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!