IGNORED

Orlando, Florida

Note: This thread is 2298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lol. Conditions at both courses can be iffy but they both have great elevation changes you don't normally find in Florida.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, jetsknicks1 said:

Lol. Conditions at both courses can be iffy but they both have great elevation changes you don't normally find in Florida.

Cool. Is a course in Deltona like that which I play when visiting in laws. They are fun (if harder than golf already is for me-fair warning :-P) and a good change of pace. Spoke with the keeper of the schedule and she says can't do anything until after Easter. Sorry, but definitely interested in getting together if can. 

• 1 month later...
Just now, CarlSpackler said:

What ever happened to the Hawaiian shirt invitational?

Side note: I just applied for a new rental house in the Mt. Dora area.

I got bogged down in an extended budget season. Can definitely still put one together. Will have to restart the thread and see if any interest and for when. 

I am not familiar,  is that east of Orlando? 

1 hour ago, Gator Hazard said:

I got bogged down in an extended budget season. Can definitely still put one together. Will have to restart the thread and see if any interest and for when. 

I am not familiar,  is that east of Orlando? 

It's NW of Orlando. I will definitely be closer to @jetsknicks1.

- Shane

On 4/23/2017 at 10:11 PM, CarlSpackler said:

It's NW of Orlando. I will definitely be closer to @jetsknicks1.

From what I remember, Deer Island is a very interesting course in that area, I think there was water on 15 holes lol.

53 minutes ago, jetsknicks1 said:

From what I remember, Deer Island is a very interesting course in that area, I think there was water on 15 holes lol.

Yep.  Lots of wildlife too.

Right  down the road from Black Bear, Eagle Dunes, and Redtail too.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

16 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Yep.  Lots of wildlife too.

Right  down the road from Black Bear, Eagle Dunes, and Redtail too.

I usually like Black Bear but the last time I played it, the conditions were pretty bad.

6 minutes ago, jetsknicks1 said:

I usually like Black Bear but the last time I played it, the conditions were pretty bad.

Par for the course there.  Of the 4 courses mentioned, that one is my least favorite by far.

Of course, right now, pretty much everyone is struggling with the severe lack of rain. :-( 

One of these days, we'll get 4 of us together and play at my club.  2 courses.  @CarlSpackler Played one, maybe we'll do the other, when we can all make it happen.

In David's bag....

16 minutes ago, jetsknicks1 said:

I played Black Bear a couple years ago and it was in awful shape.  Decent layout though.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

21 hours ago, David in FL said:

Par for the course there.  Of the 4 courses mentioned, that one is my least favorite by far.

Of course, right now, pretty much everyone is struggling with the severe lack of rain. :-( 

One of these days, we'll get 4 of us together and play at my club.  2 courses.  @CarlSpackler Played one, maybe we'll do the other, when we can all make it happen.

I'm In! It'd be cool to do another Florida get together, a bunch of good guys at the last one.

The more I think about it, the more I'm jonesing for another TST get together lol. What does everybody think about Deer Island sometime in June? I have to work the weekend of the 3rd & 4th but it looks like the rest of the month is open.

1 hour ago, jetsknicks1 said:

The more I think about it, the more I'm jonesing for another TST get together lol. What does everybody think about Deer Island sometime in June? I have to work the weekend of the 3rd & 4th but it looks like the rest of the month is open.

I'd be interested. Let's set it up. 

1 hour ago, Gator Hazard said:

I'd be interested. Let's set it up. 

Awesome. Let's see who else is interested and what date will work and I'll take care of the tee times.

30 minutes ago, jetsknicks1 said:

Awesome. Let's see who else is interested and what date will work and I'll take care of the tee times.

I can probably do it, but let's wait on the course.  Right now cobitions are really tough and I'll keep an eye on what's going on at various courses.  Don't want to play a dog track when there may be better options....

We have plenty of time to actually book.

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 2298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!