IGNORED

Greetings from the Great Pacific Northwest

Kalnoky
Note: This thread is 2824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello Everyone,

I have been playing golf about one (1) year. I don’t have an official handicap, but consider myself a “bogie” golfer.  Last week I broke 100 and 90 for the first time on the same day (89) which I am very proud of.  

The short game is the strength of my game. Short game practice is free, so I practice as much as I dare. I can two-putt and scramble with the best of them.

Ball striking is the most inconsistent part of my game.  I often struggle to clear my hips, resulting in a weak arm swing. I have taken a couple of lessons from a PGA Pro and I am getting better through practice. It is mostly a mental block for me. I can hit high beautiful draws at the range, but the minute something goes wrong during a round, I tense up and revert to arm swings.   

My goal is to develop a consistent and repeatable swing. I figure if I can do that, the scoring will come.

I have been coming here to the Sandtrap for advice and opinions since last year. Some of the threads I have read multiple times. Only now that my game is improving did I feel brave enough to join the conversation. But mostly I hope to continue to learn from all of you.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Broke 100 and 90 on the same day.  That beats me by about 25 years.  Welcome to the sand trap.  As Yogi Berra once said: half this game is 90% mental.  I can't imagine that there is a better way to put that.  

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2824 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!