IGNORED

How Many Sets of Irons Do You Have? What Are They?

Mr.Mongo
Note: This thread is 1488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got four sets if you include my vacation clubs at my parent's house. I'm thinking about selling my FX2s to a buddy.

Purefit 1020CBs on Rifle graphite (4-SW, gamers)
Ram Laser FX on Exilim Gold graphite (2-SW, 4i currently broken)
Ram FX2 GT steel on factory graphite (4-SW)
Golden Ram Axial Tour Grind on DG S400 (3-PW, vacation clubs)

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

I had - until recently - six. Being eye 2 +, ISI steel, i3 blades, i5, and s59 Tour, and MP-67s.

I sold the eye 2 + and the MP-67, along with a studio design 1.5 and an extra i3 gap wedge.

With the cash I got from the sales I bought the irons in my sig (brand new). I couldn't be happier with my decision.

So now I have 4 sets, but all of the PINGs are collecting dust...

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Just one set. Some XL Top Flites. They are alright for a beginner. Im trying to save some money for new MX-25's but since the season just started I spend all my money on greens fees.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I don't generally sell my clubs, they just go in the closet, or in a very rare case, get given to friends.

1) Wilson Staff Dynapower; 1-PW
2) Ping Eye 2; 2-PW
3) Wilson Staff Ultra 45; 1-SW
4) Mizuno MP-14; 2-PW (heads only, and very worn out)
5) Titleist DCI 962 3-PW
6) Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II; 2-PW
7) Mizuno MP-33; 2-PW (soon to be two sets)

Clubs I owned and sold; Titleist DCI 990, and Callaway X-14

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

1 dont keep more than one around. Find out how to work with one set or you'll keep switching back and forth everytime YOU have a bad round.

I PLAY:

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

• 1 month later...
Two. I have my AP2's and a new set of Titliest 735cm i keep as backups. Every other set ive had ive either donated or traded in.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I currently own 3 sets of irons. I have my old set, which is the Cobra S9 4-GW (2006 model) which I played with for 2+ years and is now being used by my friends 14 year old son, who I am teaching to play. My primary set of irons is a mixed set of Mizunos, both of which I own the full set of. My long irons (5-6) are from a set of MX-900s (that set consists of 5-PW). My shorter irons (7-PW) are MP-60s (full set consists of 4-PW). I was looking for a little more forgiving long irons and found the full set of MX-900s for cheap so I just bought the entire set (less than $100). I might have wanted a 4I in that set, but probably would never have used it since I carry a 4H and 5H.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Other than the x-forged, an old set of ping eye2's, and a set of mizuno mp-60s that may be replacing said x-forged.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

Ive got 2: a set of Mizuno MX-15s and a set of Titleist DCI 981s.
My father is currently using the Titleists and that fine with me. Id take the Mizunos over the Titleists any day.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Just one, Ping i/3s, but looking, always looking . . .

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

I never get rid of old sets. Wilson Staff Tour Blades, Wilson 1200GE (my Dad's), a Daiwa set (forget the model), MacGregor 1025's.

Putters? Too many to mention.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Note: This thread is 1488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!