IGNORED

Nice Lie

Brad W
Note: This thread is 2979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played front nine at Camas Meadows today. First time there and it is considered the nicest course in SW Washington, my county for sure. 

Im a newb and shot my best score yet, which was 53. This is my third time on full par five course, so I'm happy with this score.  I actually got two pars and a few bogies... Also had a few really get away from me :)

Anyway, I got a kick out of this lie. It's the top of a rock retaining wall at a green side water hazard. I chipped it onto the green and got close enough to single put the hole. I still got a bogey but what the hell

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Brad W said:

Played front nine at Camas Meadows today. First time there and it is considered the nicest course in SW Washington, my county for sure. 

Im a newb and shot my best score yet, which was 53. This is my third time on full par five course, so I'm happy with this score.  I actually got two pars and a few bogies... Also had a few really get away from me :)

Anyway, I got a kick out of this lie. It's the top of a rock retaining wall at a green side water hazard. I chipped it onto the green and got close enough to single put the hole. I still got a bogey but what the hell

image.jpeg

WOW MAN!!! Thats not the craziest Ive ever seen but indeed, thats a pretty knarly lie. Congrats on ur best round. Remember to stop and enjoy those. :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Awesome lie to play off if it resulted in a single putt :banana: Play off that lie every time :dance:

Guess being part of the hazard you had to play off it.  Otherwise you were entitled to relief as it is an immovable obstruction.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

1 hour ago, pganapathy said:

Awesome lie to play off if it resulted in a single putt :banana: Play off that lie every time :dance:

Guess being part of the hazard you had to play off it.  Otherwise you were entitled to relief as it is an immovable obstruction.

I don't see the obstruction.  He says "rock retaining wall", but if that's just some rocks embedded in the ground to prevent collapse or erosion, then they aren't really a man-made construction.  They would actually have to built into a wall to qualify. I'd need to see a better photo to know if that is actually an obstruction.  

You are correct in that if the ball is inside the hazard margin, then it's irrelevant, but from that photo I don't see an obstruction.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

5 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

I don't see the obstruction.  He says "rock retaining wall", but if that's just some rocks embedded in the ground to prevent collapse or erosion, then they aren't really a man-made construction.  They would actually have to built into a wall to qualify. I'd need to see a better photo to know if that is actually an obstruction.  

You are correct in that if the ball is inside the hazard margin, then it's irrelevant, but from that photo I don't see an obstruction.

I'd agree, I don't see anything from that single photo that would make me call that an obstruction, just a tough shot.  Where I play, we have some man-made stone walls in play, and we do indeed play them as immovable obstructions.  On the other hand, if you ever get to North Berwick in Scotland, walls like these are part of the course, no relief other than unplayable lie.

north berwick 13.jpeg

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Describing it as a retaining wall is probably not the best words to use.  Fourputt describes it best as rocks in the ground.  The rocks are there to shore up the embankment.

Here is a picture of the green.  From this perspective, my ball was behind the trees to the right, following along the obvious rock line

PhotoGalleryHole4Green.jpg

Note: This thread is 2979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!